Quantcast
2019 Canadian Federal Election thread - polls and discussion. - Page 41 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 41 of 60 FirstFirst ... 31 40 41 42 51 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Canadian Federal Election thread - polls and discussion.

My Ride
    Has wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the thread should be re-named to: "This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member."

It seems to cover entire pages of posts and their quotes!

I just checked my ignore list and it's bare. I don't think I've ever had anyone on it over the years. I guess no one's online persona really bothers me. I wish that were true for the general public in real life haha.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I think the thread should be re-named to: "This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member."

It seems to cover entire pages of posts and their quotes!
    Who said this? I can't see this post.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

100% savage
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Be daring, be brave, un-ignore everyone!

Haha, no, J/k. You never go full retard.
    Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Screen capture that shit!
    Well you two ruined the streak because you usually have something useful to say.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Today's update.
    Attachment 87905
    Shit

I'm terrified of a Lib/NDP or even worse a Lib/Green coalition, which is looking more and more likely. JT will do anything to maintain power even if it means shitting on AB more than he already has.

Also is there anything more recent on the Con's stance on equalization than this article?

https://saskatchewanherald.com/2018/...qualization-2/
    Last edited by 94boosted; 10-16-2019 at 07:13 PM.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by bruceod View Post

I just checked my ignore list and it's bare. I don't think I've ever had anyone on it over the years. I guess no one's online persona really bothers me. I wish that were true for the general public in real life haha.
    you have to have Toma on ignore because AIDS doesn't care if you read one of his posts on purpose, or by accident.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by 94boosted View Post
    Also is there anything more recent on the Con's stance on equalization than this article?
    thier stance and the one sane stance for a party interested in winning, is that it shall not be mentioned, considered or even dreamed about.

Name:  Hope-is-a-dangerous-thing.-Hope-can-drive-a-man-insane..jpg
Views: 257
Size:  71.5 KB
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Has wheels

you have to have Toma on ignore because AIDS doesn't care if you read one of his posts on purpose, or by accident.
    Name:  Screenshot_20191016-193141.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  15.5 KB

Not even Toma, guess I like to live life dangerously.

Over a Barrel Documentary (2019)
    https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=786770458437667

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Default Barack Obama tweeted this today

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Shit

I'm terrified of a Lib/NDP or even worse a Lib/Green coalition, which is looking more and more likely. JT will do anything to maintain power even if it means shitting on AB more than he already has.

May will be the only Green with a seat.

Thank the lord for FPTP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Movie stars: still thinking that planes are fueled by unicorn laughter.

Obama tweeting support. Yup that for sure is election interference. The USA may be on friendly terms today, but if Khadafi said he supported Scheer - it would be election interference. I mean you can't stop people from tweeting their support, If Lebron James wants to side with China that is a personal choice.

BUT. I don't know if its right for politicians to support other politicians in other countries. If the Queen said she supported the Green party, what would the vote be like?
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Is it legal for foreign politicians to attempt to influence Canadian voters?

My Ride
    '14 Taco

.. what they gonna do, impeach him?

I’m curious of the legality of this as well. I feel like it needs to have $ attached to it (I.e. buying up ads) but not too sure now.

I have to think the liberals aren’t THAT dumb to break a law like this at this point during the election but who knows

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Only when they are lobbying for the left
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

Obama is writing books and making Netflix documentaries, holds no power in the US govt other than being a social media influencer, don't see how any of this would be illegal.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Shit

Honestly, as previously stated, it's probably a good thing. It will force the cons to switch leaders in a year or so when the next election is forced. Maybe bring in someone I'd actually want to vote for.

So far as Obama is concerned, I thought he was a great leader of the USA, but his opinion on Canadian elections holds zero sway with me. Who the fuck would it sway?
    Last edited by Tik-Tok; 10-17-2019 at 07:38 AM.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    May will be the only Green with a seat.

Thank the lord for FPTP.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see the Green's pick up a few more seats in the Van area and even a few seats in the Maritimes.

This post is making its rounds on Facebook:

An Albertan’s letter to voters in Ontario and Quebec.

On the eve of our Canadian Federal Election, I feel it is prudent to share with our fellow Canadians in the East how pivotal this election is for our Country. I recognize a strong disconnect between the regions and believe I have a responsibility to share our feelings, perceptions, and fears with the men and women of these provinces.

It is no secret that the election is decided before the first vote is counted in Manitoba. 199 of the 338 seats in the House of Commons are held by your two provinces. Your votes decide our election. This is why I am appealing to you. The fate of Canada and our incredible province of Alberta rests in your hands.

We’ve had a rough couple years out here. Since 2015 unemployment has soared, the price of our most valued resource has plummeted, and our access to foreign and domestic markets has been blocked by federal Liberals. While this industry thrives south of the border in the US, Canada’s energy sector has been plunged into a ‘Legislated Recession’ thanks in part to the cancellation of 2 crucial pipelines and the poorly handled expansion of a third. These projects are crucial, allowing access to foreign and domestic markets and closing the gap between the price of Canada’s oil and the oil produced elsewhere in the world. The newly passed Bill C-69 has makes new interprovincial projects nearly impossible to complete, and Bill C-48 restricts domestic tanker traffic on Canada’s West coast, while US tanker traffic navigates the same waters unimpeded. We’ve been put in a box, and the lid is slowly closing. Our Federal Liberal government is the architect of this disaster.

You may ask why this should matter to you? It is simply a matter of economics. According to the Alberta government and World Bank websites, Alberta’s economy accounts for 20% of our Nation’s GDP. In this province of 4.7 million, it means that 11% of Canada’s population produces 20% of our GDP. From 2000-2014, we contributed $200 Billion to equalization, all of it travelling East. On its own, Alberta is the 7th strongest economy on the planet. We’re the core of this country’s economic engine. We’re being told our money is OK, but the oil, our largest economic driver is not. Hell, we can’t even wear our T-shirts on Parliament Hill.

Alberta’s oil is Canada’s oil, and there are a few facts I would like to share with you about it. We are at the forefront of the sector’s clean technology and everyone in this country should be proud of this industry and the highest environmental standards in the world. During this election I’m sure you’ve heard about O&G subsidies and how everyone intends on stopping them, so I feel it is important to break that down. Last year, there we’re $1.4 Billion dollars given to clean tech by our government. O&G received 75% of that. Rightfully so. That money has been used to increase efficiency and reduce the carbon footprint of production significantly, and created technology that has eliminated the need for contentious tailings ponds. A recent study showed that if every country around the world produced their resources to the same standard as Canada, the carbon intensity of production would drop 26% worldwide. Suncor, Canada’s largest producer, just announced a co-gen project that will reduce their carbon footprint by a further 30%, and we’ve championed cutting-edge carbon capture and storage technology. We would love to displace dirty foreign oil in the East, but we are told there is no social acceptability for a pipeline. We would love to know why there is social acceptability for Saudi tankers in your waters, but none for us? Last I checked, Saudi didn’t contribute to equalization.

The environment has been a big topic in this election, and there have been some strong assertions from the parties, some of which may be a little out of reach. 30% reduction in GHG, 60% reduction in GHG. The backbone of these reductions focuses on shutting Alberta’s economy down. There seems to be a huge target on Alberta’s back, and little red dots are starting to dance around the bullseye.

Canada contributes 1.6% to the world’s total GHG emissions. China contributes 27.2%, US 14.6%. A 30-60% reduction in Canada equates to a 1.8-3.6% reduction in China and a 3.5-7 % reduction in the US. Al Gore once said that CO2 knows no borders, so rather than shut down the economic engine of our nation, why wouldn’t we export the clean energy and technology to the countries that need it the most, boosting our economy and helping everyone on this planet reach these targets? What we do as Canadians to reduce emissions means nothing on the grand world scale. It is these heavy emitting countries that could benefit from Canada’s LNG to replace coal, and clean tech to further drive down emissions. It’s a win-win-win for Canada, the environment, and our economy. The Conservatives have proposed this and it has been highly criticized as ‘not enough’. This is the most viable solution and environmental policy for everyone in this country, and it doesn’t include plunging the entire country into debt and recession. It is ironic that the one country (US) that pulled out of the Paris Agreement has made the most progress reaching that agreement’s targets. How? By doing exactly what the Conservatives have proposed to help us and other nations achieve: transitioning coal to significalntly cleaner natural gas power generation.

There is another sentiment out here that likely resonates with our fellow Canadians from Quebec. If you asked the average Albertan if they would support separation 2 years ago, you’d be laughed at. Today it is no laughing matter. At the time of the provincial election only a few months ago, it was estimated that 50% of Albertans were open to separation. A poll of 6000+ Albertans only a week ago yielded the same results. We’ve been beaten into submission by the federal Liberals, and we continue to get kicked. Terms like ‘Western Alienation’, ‘Republic of Alberta’ and ‘Wexit’ have become very common. All too often you see ‘Liberal on Oct 21, Separatist on Oct 22’. This movement is real. I mean, REAL. If another Liberal government is elected, even worse a Liberal minority with the Green or NDP propping it up, Alberta’s energy sector will just board up the windows and go elsewhere. It will be crippling for the entire nation. It is ALREADY crippling for Alberta. We can’t take any more of this. We are the victims of a current Legislated Recession and it will only get worse. Half of us want to leave now. More will want to leave if we continue to be exploited for our revenue and vilified for our industry.

Alberta separation would be a crushing blow to this country and its economy, but it doesn’t have to be this way. Albertans are resilient, wholesome, hard-working people that have been happy to help our fellow Canadian citizens maintain a high standard of living. We’re only asking for reciprocation. We don’t want hand-outs, tax revenue, or power. We want the right and ability to do what we’ve been doing all along, without having fellow Canadians standing in our way. We’re a part of the solution, not the problem.

Fellow Canadians, please consider this when casting your ballot. There’s a lot at stake for everyone. There is a fragility in this nation that could be fractured with stroke of a pen, and the power rests firmly in the hands of your provinces. Vote wisely. Vote Canadian.

Signed,

Alberta

Page 41 of 60 FirstFirst ... 31 40 41 42 51 ... LastLast