Quantcast
2019 Canadian Federal Election thread - polls and discussion. - Page 44 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 44 of 60 FirstFirst ... 34 43 44 45 54 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Canadian Federal Election thread - polls and discussion.

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If another Lib government comes in I'm going to laugh so hard. I can only imagine how a few people's heads in here will unscrew... fuck, what a site that will be.
    Could you imagine if it was a NDP/liberal coalition?

Lol
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Terminator View Post
    Could you imagine if it was a NDP/liberal coalition?

Lol
    That'll be an expensive lol

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    If another Lib government comes in I'm going to laugh so hard. I can only imagine how a few people's heads in here will unscrew... fuck, what a site that will be.
    I am quite certain it won't be any other way and in a cycle where there just are NO good options who cares at the end of day? As far as Liberal/NDP coalition we're already fucked for what, 50+ years with the current deficit? What's another 40 or 60 billion anyway? When the Country becomes fully downgraded in credit and can't get out from under it we can just default. Every fiat currency crashes eventually anyway right? So just cash in on as much of the reckless spending as your situation allows, hedge your bets for retirement and let the next generation deal with the fallout - Although it would never be my preference I only need this country/economy to pay out for another 15 years then can fuck off to somewhere better if it all falls apart lol In the meantime, just gotta learn how to avoid the taxman better. We're powerless to change anything other than our own situation so use your head and make the fucking most of it.
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 10-18-2019 at 08:49 AM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Kids nowadays tend to vote left. USA is slowly coming to this, but Canada already seems to be there. NDP and Cortez in the USA have a lot more support from the young people.

I blame the petrodollar. When you leave nothing for the next generation in physical in hand wealth - they tend to formulate their dollar structure based around "carbon consumption" or millennial "Do things" "Have experiences" "$13 Avocado toast" rather than "have stuff" Which is technically, depending on how you look at it - very leftist.

"Having stuff" and keeping stuff has always be the core mantra of the right. In which case, we probably really only have ourselves to blame as Albertans if our kids all go NDP.

I also slightly blame electronics technology: You can buy the most expensive computer and in five years they will make a $50 tablet that is more powerful than it. Having and keeping stuff (again, core mantra of the right) is not rewarded - it is penalized. It would have been crazy just a decade ago to say that you could probably spend $1,000 in year 2020 to get an 80 inch HDTV that had 8K pixels - and yet we may already be in the future.

Gen Z on the other hand, seems to be heading right again. Much anger in gen Z, completely different from the ultrachill GenX.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 10-19-2019 at 07:00 AM.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

How many people here claiming worry for deficit, have a mortgage? Car loan?

What's the interest rate on federal debt? Lol.

I read that Amazon paid zip for taxes in Canada while taking in billions. There's a hint to the cause of the problem. Anyone know the average royalty rate for Alberta oil sands producers? Another hint

And for those of you "they'll just leave". Well good. That will stimulate local business that they've already hurt, that contribute to actual Canadian's.

Go watch another conspiracy video though. They make you experts without having to set foot in a classroom
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

Amazon is winning though. The corner grocery store got slammed by Walmart. Walmart is about the get slammed by Amazon free shipping on $1 items.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    Amazon is winning though. The corner grocery store got slammed by Walmart. Walmart is about the get slammed by Amazon free shipping on $1 items.
    Did you see the news today? Conservatives hired a private firm to "destroy" Bernier?
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

Scheer getting some support out of Quebec

https://montrealgazette.com/opinion/...-andrew-scheer

How many people here claiming worry for deficit, have a mortgage? Car loan?
    This is relevant how exactly?? Unless someone here has a 300million dollar mortgage, when their credit and finances dictate a maximum of 300 thousand, then your rhetorical question isn't very reflective.

What's the interest rate on federal debt? Lol.
    Another pointless statement. Who cares about the rate? Every dollar of debt, is an extra expense that tax payers will have to pay interest on if there is no realized financial gain from the original debt.

I read that Amazon paid zip for taxes in Canada while taking in billions. There's a hint to the cause of the problem.
    Yes tax fairness is definitely a big issue. But the only party pushing for it, is the same one that wants to bankrupt every other part of the system. So moot point.

Anyone know the average royalty rate for Alberta oil sands producers? Another hint
    They didn't build an entire refinery in Redwater to refine those royalties if there is none to refine. Could those royalties be more? Perhaps. Only one government has attempted to recalculate those. But you wouldn't ever vote for them. And I'm guessing you don't know the average royalty rate yourself, being that even the governments own auditors struggle to figure this out.

And for those of you "they'll just leave". Well good. That will stimulate local business that they've already hurt, that contribute to actual Canadian's.

Go watch another conspiracy video though. They make you experts without having to set foot in a classroom
    Less people in the economy means stagnation not growth. But you already pointed that out above by mentioning business' getting their money out of Canada. Not sure why you lack Economics 101 understanding?

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post

Less people in the economy means stagnation not growth. But you already pointed that out above by mentioning business' getting their money out of Canada. Not sure why you lack Economics 101 understanding?
    Since you don't know, I worked as an auditor for the province, and taught Engg 209 for a couple semesters.

The proliferation of YouTube economists is cute though. Glad you have such interest. Go take some actual classes.
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I'm still posting these so that after the election we can look back and see if "the pollsters got it wrong" or if it falls neatly into the reasonable bounds of probability. Still a very swingy situation, look at the predicted ranges of seat counts!
    Name:  Election Polls 20191019.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  36.0 KB
    Typed here for those who don't like graphics
    Lower end, Most likely, Higher end
    Libs: 93, 139, 195
    Cons: 78, 121, 167

I expect if any further updates are posted, there will be significant movement in these polls. They often don't update on Sundays, but tomorrow may be an exception.

And for completeness, I'll post the 338canada.com prediction of the seat counts as well. They are extremely similar, as they use the same underlying availible poll data, and mostly similar methodology.
    Name:  Election Polls 338 - 20191019.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  21.6 KB
    Last edited by ExtraSlow; 10-19-2019 at 03:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Since you don't know, I worked as an auditor for the province, and taught Engg 209 for a couple semesters.
    ROFL. Last time I was in MRU looking to hire, they point blank offered me a job as an instructor. Yawn.

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    ROFL. Last time I was in MRU looking to hire, they point blank offered me a job as an instructor. Yawn.
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

Hahaha and you're the one that uses Vox... Fucking Vox.

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

The proliferation of YouTube economists is cute though. Glad you have such interest. Go take some actual classes.
    Have you taught any C++ course?
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

The fact someone with real Liberal values could still vote for the same Leader is baffling to me. I mean I would say I'm definitely a part-time Libtard but looking at what I value and what he's done it doesn't make sense with strictly JT.

1) SNC scandal. Not only is he unethical and got caught in a lie, but brings me to the next point.

2) There is no way in hell he is actually a feminist. He 100% used his position of power to influence JWR. His only argument here is that he manipulates everyone equally.

3) First Nations drinking water problem is still a fucking problem. Like it's mind-blowing to me all the apologizing he did without really doing anything.

4) He bought a very expensive O&G product. Like really expensive and what did it solve?

Of all the leaders, I personally like Jasmeet the most. But his party's platform is fucking nutbar for the most part.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Edge

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    The fact someone with real Liberal values could still vote for the same Leader is baffling to me. I mean I would say I'm definitely a part-time Libtard but looking at what I value and what he's done it doesn't make sense with strictly JT.

1) SNC scandal. Not only is he unethical and got caught in a lie, but brings me to the next point.

2) There is no way in hell he is actually a feminist. He 100% used his position of power to influence JWR. His only argument here is that he manipulates everyone equally.

3) First Nations drinking water problem is still a fucking problem. Like it's mind-blowing to me all the apologizing he did without really doing anything.

4) He bought a very expensive O&G product. Like really expensive and what did it solve?

Of all the leaders, I personally like Jasmeet the most. But his party's platform is fucking nutbar for the most part.
    I get that people prefer Liberal ideology, that’s fine, but I can’t figure out why anyone in their right mind continues to support JT. He’s as arrogant and lacking in integrity as he is lacking in intelligence, which makes him dangerous.

’So, while Trump has many faults, his basic instinct to protect the US and maintain its status as a great civilization, while avoiding identity-politics all together, is worthy of some respect. He also came right out and said that he "doesn't do political-correctness" - again, worthy of respect.

Justin Trudeau, on the other hand, does not seem to have anything innate about him that is worthy of respect. He has made some very troubling statements that make this very obvious. He has expressed a desire to see Canada as "the first post-national state" and said that "there is no core identity or mainstream in Canada". These are alarming statements, and yet, they have gone largely unnoticed.’

https://www.standtogetherforcanada.c...n-Donald-Trump

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    I get that people prefer Liberal ideology, that’s fine, but I can’t figure out why anyone in their right mind continues to support JT. He’s as arrogant and lacking in integrity as he is lacking in intelligence, which makes him dangerous.

Libtard here, I don't support him nor did I vote for him this round, however what other choices do lefties have if they want to stay left? Singh, who I can respect, but NDP I can't. Greens who I can respect, but Elizabeth May I can't. Not exactly better choices IMO.

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post

I am not disagreeing. But anyone is better than milkman Scheer. Literally anyone. It's like the CPC wanted to lose this election. I am truly baffled why they chose someone that if not for the CPC leadership, would maybe qualify for a Mcdonald's iine cook position.
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I am not disagreeing. But anyone is better than milkman Scheer. Literally anyone.
    I dunno about that. JT has lost 3 female MPs now in the span of a few months, and one even joined right up with Sheer...

https://torontosun.com/news/national...l4P9Pn9Ql3QeFs

In a bombshell move Monday, a rising star among the Trudeau Liberals crossed the House of Commons floor to join the Conservatives of Andrew Scheer, but not before delivering a scathing indictment of a government she accuses of failing the country.
    Granted, this story is from a month ago, but from someone more in the know than you, she made the switch. I hate engaging with you, but I am kinda excited to see how you spin that.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Page 44 of 60 FirstFirst ... 34 43 44 45 54 ... LastLast