Quantcast
2019 Canadian Federal Election thread - polls and discussion. - Page 54 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 54 of 60 FirstFirst ... 44 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1182

Thread: 2019 Canadian Federal Election thread - polls and discussion.

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by davidI View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It pretty much comes down to the GTA in many respects.
    The GTA is 1/5 of the population of the country and had blue/orange districts this election. Probably what held it to a minority.

63% of Canadians believe Scheer should resign for not winning majority: Ipsos exit poll

https://globalnews.ca/news/6066971/c...r-resign-poll/

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by phreezee View Post
    63% of Canadians believe Scheer should resign for not winning majority: Ipsos exit poll

https://globalnews.ca/news/6066971/c...r-resign-poll/
    There's pros and cons to that idea. It'll mean Liberals have nearly zero opposition for a year or two while the CPC rebuilds, but a stronger CPC leader is probably required for success in the next election.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    4x4

This is why i think we will be back to elections within 6 months. Trudeau will let himself get a non-confidence and we will be back to the polls.

Im really curious to see how trudeaus leadership review goes.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    There's pros and cons to that idea. It'll mean Liberals have nearly zero opposition for a year or two while the CPC rebuilds, but a stronger CPC leader is probably required for success in the next election.
    What does an opposition bring in this scenario anyway. If Mckay wants to be back, I would say let him replace Sheer and bring Atlantic Canada with him.

As far as I can tell, every conservative was out voting and they still lose.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    If Kenney doesn't move talk into action in this environment, then I think he is in a tenuous position.
    I doubt most voters will recall - he will just point to the evil blackface man in Ottawa - evil is there!!! elect me again!!

My Ride
    Edge

This sums up the win pretty well:

https://www.facebook.com/Darryl.L.Po...2755753175284/

Well at least we'll get know the whole truth about SNC Lavalin. Mmm, all party committees.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    The talk of separatism scares off capital though. Look at the UK. How much of their financial industry fled as Brexit ramped up. They lose real jobs, they lost real headquarters and even if they go back and stay with the EU those jobs aren't coming back.

If Wexit gains traction it'll hinder capital spending because companies won't start any new projects until they see what happens.
    Haha, you think Wexit is going to cause this? As if it hasn't already been happening at a staggering rate due to the provincial and federal governments that have been/are in power? Get real. It's highly unlikely, IMO, that we'd lose investment and capital spending at a more rapid rate than we are seeing already.

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    Well at least we'll get know the whole truth about SNC Lavalin. Mmm, all party committees.
    Look at the stock chart of SNC today!

Kenney is a wet blanket on ousting Scheer and separation. Boo-urns.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    The talk of separatism scares off capital though. Look at the UK. How much of their financial industry fled as Brexit ramped up. They lose real jobs, they lost real headquarters and even if they go back and stay with the EU those jobs aren't coming back.

If Wexit gains traction it'll hinder capital spending because companies won't start any new projects until they see what happens.
    Capital leaves in the short term due to the instability. Many of the companies moved for other political reasons.
    A lot of people forget, a lot of money goes through London and the City of London for various reasons.
    When the crash of 2008 happened, the EU was screwed as the many of the countries could not set their own interest rates. The Bank of England could.

The UK will always stay a financial center. Its one of the leading experts on money laundering.

If Alberta was to separate. It would be prudent for Alberta to start making itself a viable center for expert for financial services first. With a reformed immigration policy, this would attract high net worth clients & businesses that want to invest(or take their money out of counties authoritarian regimes). The UK has been doing this for decades (think Uganda in the 1970's as a example).

With house prices and quality of living declining in major cities across the world. Alberta is a fantastic place for young people, families and businesses to start.

Ample resources, this province should be booming.

A few easy adjustments and the PCs could have walked away with it. Had they been more upfront with their overall plans, say they'd stay out of womens and gay rights, come out and say they'd like to sit down with the greens and NDP in regards to climate change (but not committing to anything in specific, just show they are open) And said things like we're here to run the country, not be on TV all the time and taking selfies.

They already have their base, they need to be more inviting to fence sitters and lose the trump comparisons.. Having a long form sit down chat with someone ahead of the election to bounce ideas and thoughts around and to explain where they are and where they are headed... Easy stuff to do, but scheer comes off as a weirdo and that wouldn't even cross his mind.

No one likes this name calling, got-ya shit they try and pull on each other. If one of them had of announced 2 minutes into the last debate that they are an adult and aren't there to be talked over and to speak in 40 second sound bytes, that they'd hold a sit down question period tomorrow and walked off stage - i think that would have had a lot of people impressed, like 'Jesus H christ this guy is actually sensible. I'm gonna tune in'.

I can track Peter Mackay down, I see him around now and then.. I should give him the same ideas.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by Supa Dexta View Post
    A few easy adjustments and the PCs could have walked away with it. Had they been more upfront with their overall plans, say they'd stay out of womens and gay rights, come out and say they'd like to sit down with the greens and NDP in regards to climate change (but not committing to anything in specific, just show they are open) And said things like we're here to run the country, not be on TV all the time and taking selfies.

They already have their base, they need to be more inviting to fence sitters and lose the trump comparisons.. Having a long form sit down chat with someone ahead of the election to bounce ideas and thoughts around and to explain where they are and where they are headed... Easy stuff to do, but scheer comes off as a weirdo and that wouldn't even cross his mind.

No one likes this name calling, got-ya shit they try and pull on each other. If one of them had of announced 2 minutes into the last debate that they are an adult and aren't there to be talked over and to speak in 40 second sound bytes, that they'd hold a sit down question period tomorrow and walked off stage - i think that would have had a lot of people impressed, like 'Jesus H christ this guy is actually sensible. I'm gonna tune in'.

I can track Peter Mackay down, I see him around now and then.. I should give him the same ideas.
    Haha, sounds like Harper should have run again - with the sweater. Boring politics and getting shit done. No selfies and blackface.

He could have also easily adjusted his image if he wanted to but he has a media-phobia.

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

My Ride
    *The First*

I massively disagree. It's virtually impossible to take down a PM in one term and we've seen it again here. Refer to the other comment about "how the fuck can't you carry SNC judicial interference scandal + brownface into the end zone?!?!"
    Scheer lacks a lot of things but Heir Justin is untouchable.

I'm just looking forward to another term of things being such a Utopia that we can stay focused on #Real issues like this tranny fuck-bag looking to sue anything that moves:
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...xing-1.5330807

Like I've said before, absolutely no one thought that they'd have a chance against the incumbent. Sheer and Singh were placeholders.

Know who's totally stunned today? The BQ. I absolutely guarantee you they never thought they'd grab this many seats last year this time.

Doesn't matter, I can't see Trudeau working well in a coalition, he can't help but say something racist to Singh, that coalition will last about 15 minutes. I give this gov't two years at most. It may even fall sooner than that.

My Ride
    Silverado

Apparently the NDP runs the party finances like they promised to run ours and they cant afford an election for years.

My Ride
    This and that.

^They took a mortgage out on their headquarters in order to fund these elections...
    Last edited by shakalaka; 10-23-2019 at 08:14 AM.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

These fucking clowns can't even afford the house they live in? Hahaha when you're so bad with other people's money you basically go broke it takes a lot of balls to pretend you can run an economy. Lol
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Page 54 of 60 FirstFirst ... 44 53 54 55 ... LastLast