Quantcast
2019 Canadian Federal Election thread - polls and discussion. - Page 10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 283

Thread: 2019 Canadian Federal Election thread - polls and discussion.

  1. #181
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3
    Posts
    3,926
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know, there's a debate about they amount and type of immigration that's beneficial, but I don't think it's a smart discussion to have during an election campaign in Canada. ��
    They are playing to peoples nationalism. The silent majority of Canadian, including regular immigrants living here, are definitely against an open door policy - especially when many legit immigrants had to jump through the government hoops.
    Last edited by revelations; 08-24-2019 at 11:37 AM.

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    My Ride
    S54 M Coupe
    Posts
    1,813
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They are playing to peoples nationalism. The silent majority of Canadian, including regular immigrants living here, are definitely against an open door policy - especially when many legit immigrants had to jump through the government hoops.
    And no government is proposing an open door policy for immigration either, so that really shouldn't be an issue for anyone.

    Immigration, asylum, and refugees are not the same thing, and shouldn't be treated the same.

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Blackfalds aka north RD, AB
    My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck
    Posts
    905
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Liberals held a fairly popular gov until Trudeau's India trip. After that, the incompetence and corruption took over and they sunk by their own doing. Why anyone would vote for them now is beyond me.
    96 Ram 1500-Sold
    03 RSX-S-Sold
    03 350Z-Sold
    07 CBR 600RR-Sold
    11 Honda Fury-Sold
    14 CBR 1000RR-Sold
    14 Ram 1500-Current
    14 Optima LX-Sold
    15 Victory Highball-Current
    15 Genesis 3.8 Ultimate-Current
    18 Husky 701SM-Current

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3
    Posts
    3,926
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 95EagleAWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And no government is proposing an open door policy for immigration either, so that really shouldn't be an issue for anyone.

    Immigration, asylum, and refugees are not the same thing, and shouldn't be treated the same.
    OK so there is not an open border in QC/Ont where people can just walk in from the US ?

    (right wing toronto sun)

    https://torontosun.com/opinion/colum...udeaus-denials
    Last edited by revelations; 08-24-2019 at 07:57 PM.

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6
    Posts
    2,377
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Liberals held a fairly popular gov until Trudeau's India trip. After that, the incompetence and corruption took over and they sunk by their own doing. Why anyone would vote for them now is beyond me.
    That’s the crazy thing, people will vote for them.

    I don’t understand it, truly I don’t.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

    -H.P. Lovecraft

    Kim Kardashian Sex tape:
    Originally posted by hadookin
    nice box... to bad that nigs face is in it

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    My Ride
    S54 M Coupe
    Posts
    1,813
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK so there is not an open border in QC/Ont where people can just walk in from the US ?
    I'm not sure what you mean? Can you walk across the border between the USA and Canada? Yes. Anywhere. At crossings and not at crossings. You can do that anywhere along the border, there's no fence. Probably happens at the crossing in Quebec (I assume this is the sort of thing you're talking about?) because way more people live here. Those people are immediately detained by police as well.

    This also isn't really a new thing, according to the news. People cross the border all the time. They're looking for asylum in Canada, so we're actually not allowed to say "go away". These aren't just people wandering across the border, they are trying to escape terrible situations; whether it's disaster, or war, or stuff like that. Don't we have a duty to see if their claims are accurate, and if they are, than the government can grant them asylum in Canada. If they aren't, they do get sent back. Asylum claimants also don't jump the line for immigration either. And, finally, asylum seekers are not illegal immigrants. They are perfectly allowed to ask Canada for asylum from whatever they're trying to escape.

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Silverado
    Posts
    2,362
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    No they're not. First safe country. These people are already safe in the USA. They are not refugees. They are illegal immigrants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    Im the one with a learning disability....

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    My Ride
    S54 M Coupe
    Posts
    1,813
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No they're not. First safe country. These people are already safe in the USA. They are not refugees. They are illegal immigrants.
    Says who? They're afraid of getting kicked out of the USA, and sent back to a place where they don't feel safe.

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Silverado
    Posts
    2,362
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Says the agreement. And it's only those crossing at non official checkpoints using a loophole getting their case heard. If they tried to do this at a crossing they would be returned immediately to the USA

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cana...ntry_Agreement
    Last edited by dirtsniffer; 08-24-2019 at 08:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    Im the one with a learning disability....

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    467
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Millennials in the USA leaning toward Bernie Sanders (Democratic Socialist) Why is it that Canada seems to do the opposite of the USA?

    The argument that everyone becomes poor in socialism is kind of moot point for those who are already poor - at least misery loves company? Man on moon voters are starting to pass on - which will change things significantly. I can imagine most of the USA would have difficulty drinking recycled potable water (money means nothing if you have to eat shit) Realistically, you can be a oil millionaire Texan, but if you can't spend it to have fresh water, then there will be a fundamental shift.

    And yes, millennials are poor.

    Side note: Greenland has at least 1,000 years of fresh Glacier water - never tainted by humankind. Could you buy it for a Trillion US dollars? No, of course not - don't be absurd.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 08-25-2019 at 07:55 AM.
    Fly me to the moon.

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    467
    Rep Power
    0

    Default



    59 cent taco days - How I pine for thee. A Canadian $2 bill would net you three tacos (extra mayo of course)
    Fly me to the moon.

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cruising the +15
    My Ride
    100% SAVAGE
    Posts
    6,082
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Lots of volatility in the polling. Liberals ahead in projected seats, but a virtual tie in popular vote.
    Screenshot_20190826-170426_Chrome.jpg
    Double-meat sub dreams.

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cowtown
    My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5
    Posts
    5,983
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    It feels like the Liberals gained popularity out East after the Ethic Commissioner's report found Trudeau guilty...
    Follow me on Instagram and Facebook!

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cruising the +15
    My Ride
    100% SAVAGE
    Posts
    6,082
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It feels like the Liberals gained popularity out East after the Ethic Commissioner's report found Trudeau guilty...
    Now they are SURE he's one of them.
    Double-meat sub dreams.

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cruising the +15
    My Ride
    100% SAVAGE
    Posts
    6,082
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Well, feels like we are ripe for a big swing, but maybe that's just my hope shining through.
    Today's update :
    Screenshot_20190902-101415_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190902-101448_Chrome.jpg
    Double-meat sub dreams.

  16. #196
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Technically the NE
    My Ride
    C63S + AT4
    Posts
    4,130
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    I am just shocked that a third of our country are voting for weirdo fringe parties...
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  17. #197
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am just shocked that a third of our country are voting for weirdo fringe parties...
    You say this like the main parties are anything to write home about.

  18. #198
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Silverado
    Posts
    2,362
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Need the Alberta party. Cause no one gives a hoot about us otherwise
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    Im the one with a learning disability....

  19. #199
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Blandness
    Posts
    7,012
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Need the Alberta party. Cause no one gives a hoot about us otherwise
    We had the closest thing we'll ever get, an Albertan (who actually did care about AB) as PM, and it really didn't get us that much.

  20. #200
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Calgmonton/AB
    Posts
    243
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I'm too lazy to dig up my own posts on this, but I've said before that Quebec will abandon the NDP in this election to the extent that "decimated" will be the appropriate description.
    Here are the first signs of that as their French brothers & sisters in NB (the only officially bilingual province) has 14 NDP members jump ship to Green right before the election.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ndp...s-nb-1.5268498
    Now the NDP has literally zero chance in New Brunswick, but their chances were bad there to begin with. While this won't necessarily help the Liberals in the Atlantic, the same won't likely happen in Quebec. The Quebecers will not vote Conservative in the current NDP ridings. They will vote Liberal and the election will be over before the polls close in Manitoba.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2016 Federal Budget discussion thread

    By Strider in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 63
    Latest Threads: 03-24-2016, 01:28 PM
  2. 2015 Federal Election Thread (fka Who Gets Your X?)

    By sputnik in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 607
    Latest Threads: 10-23-2015, 08:58 AM
  3. Beyond Poll: 2015 Canadian Federal Election

    By HiTempguy1 in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 105
    Latest Threads: 08-11-2015, 10:31 AM
  4. Canadian Federal Election Fraud Alleged

    By v2kai in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 25
    Latest Threads: 03-01-2012, 06:24 PM
  5. The inevitable 2004 Federal Election Thread

    By Strider in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 48
    Latest Threads: 06-04-2004, 06:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •