Quantcast
2019 Canadian Federal Election thread - polls and discussion. - Page 26 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 26 of 60 FirstFirst ... 16 25 26 27 36 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Canadian Federal Election thread - polls and discussion.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by 95EagleAWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course there’s a shitload of votes here. There’s a shitload of people!
    Yep, none of the various voter representation systems will change that reality. At most they slant things a little. Our current system is SUPPOSED to give slightly more representation to less populous regions. It's not great at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Yep, none of the various voter representation systems will change that reality. At most they slant things a little. Our current system is SUPPOSED to give slightly more representation to less populous regions. It's not great at that.
    And why should it? Seems ridiculous that a voter in PEI has more representation than I do. Or you do.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by 95EagleAWD View Post
    There are almost two million more people in the GTA alone than Alberta or BC. Combine that with Sask and Manitoba, as well as the territories and maybe even the maritimes and it’s a comparable population number. That’s not counting the rest of Ontario.

If you add Hamilton and Niagara Falls to that, it’s something like 25% of the population of Canada that lives here. Of course there’s a shitload of votes here. There’s a shitload of people!

Yes I understand, was just responding to above comment. This kind of underscores my thought though, it literally DOES NOT MATTER what 1/3'd of the physical geography of the Country thinks or wants as we'll never get it unless it's in line with Eastern Canada. So while I understand your later comment about why should "less" have "more" say in the grand scheme of things, it does still highlight a significant problem in the overall way the Country is now run. It SEEMS to underscore my thought that it literally would not matter if anyone here voted Federally. If that is the case, you're not exercising your right to have your say in this Country by voting anymore as it is ineffectual. Now if all of Western Canada just shut off the tap (so to speak) by not voting AT ALL Federally - that would send a message. Of course that too will never happen as people are too brainwashed into thinking they're actually helping ala Ralph Wiggum but I do think it would speak much louder than segregated Separation sabre rattling and ineffectual votes for Libertarians.
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 09-26-2019 at 09:13 AM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    The hypocrisy and hyperbole levels from some of these parties will be what the silent majority will essentially vote against, not because Scheer is any kind of saviour.
    I totally agree with you on that 100%.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    It's the same reason Kenney has been so quiet lately. They don't want to rock the boat and do something that would sway votes to the left.
    He went on a tirade recently against sock puppet man for the latest debacle.

https://calgaryherald.com/news/polit...ckface-scandal

----------------------------------

Also, here is the reason the Cons will never get too far. Their complete dumbfuckery approach to the present drug crisis is just more 'war on drugs'.

You will never get these people off of drugs without force; that law does not exist in Canada so their whole concept is childish and removed from reality.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/...b0957256b8c6b4

I would actually go further and LEGALIZE all drugs. Educate, tax, and build a user framework/infrastructure. The amount of (non MJ) drug use in this country is staggering. Its about time we got out of the prohibition era, jesus mindset, about this.

One day a party thats socially liberal and fiscally conservative, will rise here. Let the people do what they want, but make them pay for the aftermath (legal drugs).
    Last edited by revelations; 09-26-2019 at 11:29 AM.

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    He went on a tirade recently against sock puppet man for the latest debacle.

https://calgaryherald.com/news/polit...ckface-scandal

----------------------------------

Also, here is the reason the Cons will never get too far. Their complete dumbfuckery approach to the present drug crisis is just more 'war on drugs'.

You will never get these people off of drugs without force; that law does not exist in Canada so their whole concept is childish and removed from reality.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/...b0957256b8c6b4

I would actually go further and LEGALIZE all drugs. Educate, tax, and build a user framework/infrastructure. The amount of (non MJ) drug use in this country is staggering. Its about time we got out of the prohibition era, jesus mindset, about this.

One day a party thats socially liberal and fiscally conservative, will rise here. Let the people do what they want, but make them pay for the aftermath (legal drugs).
    Well you will never win a war on gang violence by banning guns. The liberals know this yet they choose to go after law abiding citizens instead of gangbanger criminals. Explain that.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

I have no idea what the fuck the federal liberals have going on. Legalizing MJ was a good move IMO (1 good out 100 moves) but then stupidly banning guns takes right away from people, agian.

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by littledan View Post
    Well you will never win a war on gang violence by banning guns. The liberals know this yet they choose to go after law abiding citizens instead of gangbanger criminals. Explain that.
    It appeals to the “think of the children” crowd. It’s bullshit, really, but that’s the explanation.

Well, Scheer and the conservatives continue to shoot themselves in the foot. Being the only leader to not attend a climate change event today is a terrible look (regardless of what you think) and it will cost them votes.

They continue to fumble this election.

Quote Originally Posted by lasimmon View Post
    Well, Scheer and the conservatives continue to shoot themselves in the foot. Being the only leader to not attend a climate change event today is a terrible look (regardless of what you think) and it will cost them votes.

Especially when there's plenty of good rhetoric they could use at the event that doesn't clash with their own party platform. 'We will help put pressure on the largest GHG contributors, our industries have higher standards and we will help these industries take market share away from bigger polluters, pipelines are better for the environment than diesel trains, we will help create jobs in a green economy while making the current economy greener' and other crap like that. They've got speech writers to dress it up.

That said, I don't think suburban Ontario has climate change as a core issue like other voters do, and I don't think not being at the event will motivate the disillusioned Liberal voters who plan on staying home on election day to go to the polls, so I'm not sure this will have a big effect on anybody other than those who were already not voting CPC.

My Ride
    B16 Spec V, 97 SC400, 15 Caravan

I think it's a dangerous game to attend a climate rally with Greta. The Liberal climate action plan falls well short of what she wants and if she gets on a microphone she could send a pretty strong message. With the conservatives, do we really believe that they will attract the people that attend and pay attention to this climate rally to vote for them?

Quote Originally Posted by Cagare View Post
    I think it's a dangerous game to attend a climate rally with Greta. The Liberal climate action plan falls well short of what she wants and if she gets on a microphone she could send a pretty strong message. With the conservatives, do we really believe that they will attract the people that attend and pay attention to this climate rally to vote for them?
    I don't think any of the leaders are attending the Montreal one where she is going. But not going to one at all is a bad look and just reinforces peoples thoughts about the conservatives.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    Especially when there's plenty of good rhetoric they could use at the event that doesn't clash with their own party platform. 'We will help put pressure on the largest GHG contributors, our industries have higher standards and we will help these industries take market share away from bigger polluters, pipelines are better for the environment than diesel trains, we will help create jobs in a green economy while making the current economy greener' and other crap like that. They've got speech writers to dress it up.

That said, I don't think suburban Ontario has climate change as a core issue like other voters do, and I don't think not being at the event will motivate the disillusioned Liberal voters who plan on staying home on election day to go to the polls, so I'm not sure this will have a big effect on anybody other than those who were already not voting CPC.
    Which raises the question: how much of the election is still a variable? Are there real "swing voters" out there still? (actual question - although I don't think there are).

Dunno why they aren't protesting at the docks where the sweet yummy middle east oil gets imported.

My Ride
    B16 Spec V, 97 SC400, 15 Caravan

I don't think any of the leaders are attending the Montreal one where she is going. But not going to one at all is a bad look and just reinforces peoples thoughts about the conservatives.
    I agree it reinforces the thoughts on the conservatives. I just don't think there is anyone that is a climate "activist" that has any possibility of swinging towards the conservatives.

The best strategy the conservatives can do is make the left leaning parties look like phonies and that they are not living up to their values. The left leaning base has a history of sitting elections out across the world if the feel there is no good option. Where the conservative base shows up no matter how bad they thing the conservatives are. Traditionally the right benefits from low voter turnout.

Pointless for Scheer to be there. He'd be vilified.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    Dunno why they aren't protesting at the docks where the sweet yummy middle east oil gets imported.
    Because no one is interested in taking real action with real world affect, which underscores the opinion that most of the climate rhetoric is based on wealth transfer/social manipulation instead of actual moral altruism for the greater good of the planet.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

When is she going to Montreal?

I should send her a link. She probably would turn a blind eye or ignore the fact we’re starting to carbon capture at a reasonable $30/ton locally.

Just a few Km east of Lloyd.

That’s EXACTLY how well allow industry and CO2 to coexist.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    Of course there is. There’s a reason why Ontario doesn’t burn any fossil fuels (except natural gas), and it was because of smog days in Toronto. Those simply do not exist anymore after phasing our coal and all that shit.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Ontario has the stark benefit of getting a ton of Nuclear built before the Nimby’s ruined it for everyone else.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Page 26 of 60 FirstFirst ... 16 25 26 27 36 ... LastLast