Quantcast
2019 Canadian Federal Election thread - polls and discussion. - Page 18 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 18 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 28 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Canadian Federal Election thread - polls and discussion.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was not ready for that! I almost spit up on my monitor

Quote Originally Posted by 370Z View Post
    Hmmm... my only question is... why bring this card out so soon, why wouldn't they bring it closer to the election and if the Libs are ahead?
    They probably brought it out at the perfect time, whether intended or not.

When the news stories were all about how Scheer shouldn't let candidates off the hook for past actions/words just because they apologize, they now get to stay back while Trudeau has to try and apologize for past actions and try to justify forgiveness for it. If it wasn't brilliantly intentional, it was as lucky as it could have possibly been. The spotlight is off Scheer, it's off 'it's good if they apologize' and it's all on Trudeau. The Cons are supposed to be ahead right now, they need more momentum. If they can drag Trudeau to their level on the social side, they they can actually go forward with policy. Any preaching on social issues going forward has been neutered.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Another lost election because the Trudeau faithful are the only thing more hypocritical than he is.

Once again, the standard by which he judges others does not apply to himself. It doesn't matter what political party you support, that shouldn't be acceptable. For the liberal party to not punt him as a leader is unacceptable, I wouldn't even care (as much) if they won the election again so long as he wasn't the figurehead. What an embarrassment.
    Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    I hate this clown as much as the next true blue conservative, but we as a society need to stop crucifying people people for things they did 15+ years ago. Same with going after Sheer (who I am not a huge fan of) for comments he made about gays. This is ridiculous, you can't apply today's morals and standards to different eras and hang people for it. Trudeau has given us WAY more recently to go after him for like everything to do with SNC and his whole "drink-box-water-box-bottle thingy".

Everything being racist also needs to stop. This idiot putting on brown make up on an "arabian night" themed party was not meant, nor at the time perceived as, a prejudice act because he feels superior to that race. No, he's superior to all of us regardless of the color of our skin because he's a trust fund baby.

There are a lot of things to hate him for, and in my opinion a costume from the 90's isn't one of them.

Edit: I hate that I am defending him
    I don't find this offensive at all. Its frigging hilarious if im honest.

The problem is, such issues have been hijacked and made to be a 'issue' by the left wing of politics. Trudues house of cards platform is entirely based on this.
    As JRSC00LUDE pointed out, the rules apply to others do not apply to himself.
    This is massive. Why..?

Lets look at the book 'Animal Farm' by George Orwell. It's studied in high school English literature classes in the UK (not sure if its done in Canada)..? Its part of the curriculum. Very rightly so.

Lets take a quote from the book. 'All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others'

A quote from Quora explains this, (I have highlighted in black):

While the novella is ostensibly a fairy tale-esque story of farm animals, it's really a thinly veiled allegory for the Soviet Union. The animals are led by a pair of pigs, Snowball (Trotsky) and Napoleon (Stalin), who lead a rebellion against the human owner of the farm. The animals successfully drive him out and establish Animal Farm. They agree to adopt the Seven Commandments of Animalism as their constitution. The most important of these is the last commandment: "All animals are equal."

Napoleon runs Snowball off the farm and gives himself full leadership. He gradually violates more and more of the commandments as his behavior becomes increasing like that of their previous human master. The climax comes years later when the animals spot Napoleon walking on his hind legs while carrying a whip (violations of the commandments) and discover that all the commandments have been reduced to simply "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."

Logically, this quote is nonsensical. To be equal means to be exactly the same, so there cannot be more or less equal. You are either equal or unequal. What it symbolizes is the open admission that the ideals of social justice and equality that inspired the animal's revolution will never come to fruition. Through all of Napoleon's previous transgressions, the animals held on to the hope that they could create the farm described by Old Major (Marx/Lenin). This line represents the moment they are forced to let go of that dream, and shows that Napoleon and the pigs have become just like the humans they overthrew. In this way, it defines the central thesis of the book--that the Soviet Union has abandoned the ideas that sparked its creation and adopted the oppression and tyranny of the government it replaced
    This is why its a massive issue. Trudeau is Napoleon.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    They probably brought it out at the perfect time, whether intended or not.

When the news stories were all about how Scheer shouldn't let candidates off the hook for past actions/words just because they apologize, they now get to stay back while Trudeau has to try and apologize for past actions and try to justify forgiveness for it. If it wasn't brilliantly intentional, it was as lucky as it could have possibly been. The spotlight is off Scheer, it's off 'it's good if they apologize' and it's all on Trudeau. The Cons are supposed to be ahead right now, they need more momentum. If they can drag Trudeau to their level on the social side, they they can actually go forward with policy. Any preaching on social issues going forward has been neutered.
    Seems to me that it wasn't luck - or at least that's a less likely scenario. Scheer was pretty evasive when asked about the when/how of the pictures and videos.

And that's why I have kertejud2 on ignore. Holy fuck what a fucked up brain to even think that.

I did not know the Cons had Time magazine in their back pocket. Does Katie Telford know this?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    The Cons are supposed to be ahead right now, they need more momentum.
    The conservative party may be ahead (or at least tied) in popular vote, but the projections are solidly showing a liberal win in terms of seats, WHICH IS ALL THAT MATTERS IN OUR SYSTEM.

Name:  Poll 20190919.PNG
Views: 324
Size:  26.1 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    The conservative party may be ahead (or at least tied) in popular vote, but the projections are solidly showing a liberal win in terms of seats, WHICH IS ALL THAT MATTERS IN OUR SYSTEM.
    Yeah, but Trudeau reformed our elections, right?

Oh...

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Remember Canada, if you vote for Trudeau - you are a racist

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    And that's why I have kertejud2 on ignore. Holy fuck what a fucked up brain to even think that.

I did not know the Cons had Time magazine in their back pocket. Does Katie Telford know this?
    The Conservatives were the ones that received the info and passed it along to "reputable news sources to verify". I very much doubt that Time sat on the story for good timing. It's more likely that the Conservatives have had this for a long time, and released it at the correct time.

Not sure how that really matters at all. If there was real dirt on Scheer the Libs would've released it by now as well. Innuendo only goes so far.

The Libs used up their attack on Scheer already with the SSM thing from years ago. Thy probably would have preferred to wait but had to distract from that whole ethics thing that happened (seems so long ago now).

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    Not sure how that really matters at all. If there was real dirt on Scheer the Libs would've released it by now as well. Innuendo only goes so far.
    Reality is a meaningless convention to Liberals
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

All this Black face thing really proves to me is whoever was doing the research for Harper in 2015 really really really sucked at their job.
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by dino_martini View Post
    All this Black face thing really proves to me is whoever was doing the research for Harper in 2015 really really really sucked at their job.
    That was maybe the worst run campaign in the history of Canadian politics.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Yeah, but Trudeau reformed our elections, right?

Oh...
    To be honest, I don't think that's something you can pin too hard on Trudeau. Voters don't care so why should he? Most forms of proportional voting systems are a confusing mess.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

This has nothing to do with what he did and everything to do with him being the countries biggest hypocrite

He deserves every word of fallout over this

Exactly - when you build your soapbox up with blocks from womens rights, ethical behaviour, racial acceptance and diversity and then manage to fail at each one in a stupendous fashion, he deserves to eat shit. The left loves a good PC finger wagging (more like life ruination), until it's pointed at them.
    Best case scenario would be to make trudeau step down for all of these scandals and then replace him with someone reasonable... Scheer is a huge unlikable dork, but sadly he doesn't appear to be going anywhere, but it's sickening to think we have to put up with trudeau for 4 more years in order to shuffle scheer out.
    Last edited by Supa Dexta; 09-19-2019 at 03:13 PM.

They have no one else. The best alternatives left as a result of the SNC scandal.

It's Trudeau or bust (being groped!)

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

I'm not at all happy that Scheer is going to be the next Prime Minister, but I also can't imagine Trudeau keeping his job.

This whole thing actually feels like an episode of South Park.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    I'm not at all happy that Scheer is going to be the next Prime Minister, but I also can't imagine Trudeau keeping his job.

This whole thing actually feels like an episode of South Park.
    So you are assuming a BIG change from current situation? Because right now it's Justin winning by a mile.

Page 18 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 28 ... LastLast