Quantcast
Distracted driving ticket court case - did i win or lose? - Page 11 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 10 11

Thread: Distracted driving ticket court case - did i win or lose?

i've also been following these proceedings and waiting for the outcome. Justice in this country always seems to be a big letdown.

Any advice for someone who has encountered a racist RCMP officer tirade during a traffic stop, been verbally admonished for being a visible minority & told to go back to their home country, then followed up a complaint with their superior, only to review the chest-cam footage and determine ex-truckers are just like that.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you wasted a bunch of your time. Nothing happened to the cop.

I’d say you lost, to answer the question.
    I did win my trial and made the rcmp officer look like a fool on the stand. That's a win. Everything I did after that was for fun. Maybe one thing I should have requested early on was for another rcmp detachment to investigate my original complaint. The local detachment has no desire to reprimand a Co worker.

Quote Originally Posted by littledan View Post
    That's a brutal outcome. Basically rcmp f'd up but you can go f yourself? And remedial training for the cop?
    Seems lying on the stand is easy for the rcmp. I've fought a lot of traffic tickets before and it seems like lying on the stand is a rampant problem
    hence why I went through the lengths I did. But yes it seems remedial training is the recommendation.

If I fight another ticket and have an officer lie on the stand I'll have my own personal experience to rely upon to make sure their held accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    These crooked fucks have a system that is against you from the top down, I appreciate that you went to this much effort but unfortunately it would take every single person going to this much effort for every single fine before any real change happens. Fuck traffic enforcement.
    I hope people fight their tickets more often. If anyone runs into a similar scenario I wouldn't mind helping them out and guiding them through the process. It's not overly difficult once you've done it once.

It's too bad Phil's not around anymore. I know he was curious about things early on.

My Ride
    Ford F150

Wild ride. Seems to me that this just backs up police lying under oath however. It's not a lie if they're caught and claim "misremembering". Yikes.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    Necro'ing my old thread.
    My complaint with local rcmp got shut down very quickly saying the rcmp member didn't do anything wrong. Essentially they said it wasn't reasonable to expect their officers to remember things perfectly while on the stand.
    I escalated the complaint to Ottawa rcmp and have finally had things finalized. It's been over 2 years. Ottawa commission looking into my complaint was not satisfied with the RCMP's ruling/finding of my original complaint.
    Thanks for the update.
    Overall, well done! I would not have had the balls, or the patience to have done most of that.
    It must be somewhat satisfying to be validated by Ottawa, even if the outcome is not what you wanted.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

What would be hilarious is making a website with mr constables name and providing this conclusion from the commission in Ottawa on that website. And advising everyone who receives a ticket from him to submit this finding to the court as evidence that his testimony is unreliable.

Now that would be funny.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

What would be hilarious is making a website with mr constables name and providing this conclusion from the commission in Ottawa on that website. And advising everyone who receives a ticket from him to submit this finding to the court as evidence that his testimony is unreliable.

Now that would be funny.
    I think that's a great way to ensure your quality of life decreases dramatically.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

I'm glad you stuck it out this far OP.

What really pissed me off was your description of what the "prosecutor" said to you all regarding what would happen if you didn't just plead out to him. That was IMO complete BS, threatening defendants with even higher fines/punishments than what's on the ticket, should you dare to protest and plead your case before a judge. How that isn't illegal, uttering such threats, astonishes me. Plus obviously pretty much everything else about your case, should what you've posted be accurate and true, and I have no reason to not believe what you've posted based in several factors.

I wish all LE had our Philz/Otown/etc's attitude, as well as the willingness to share it, and post about other LE matters on various subjects to us sillyvilians.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Was it ever mentioned what small town this happened in?
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

Quote Originally Posted by The_Penguin View Post
    Thanks for the update.
    Overall, well done! I would not have had the balls, or the patience to have done most of that.
    It must be somewhat satisfying to be validated by Ottawa, even if the outcome is not what you wanted.
    Yeah in a way it at least showed the local rcmp are a bunch of idiots..Not that I didn't suspect that.

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    Was it ever mentioned what small town this happened in?
    No but it's north of red deer. As much as killramos idea of outing the shady cops sounds like fun I'm a bit weary of the shit storm that would follow. Nothing positive would come of that for me.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    No but it's north of red deer.
    Lol, yah, I figured as such.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 10 11