Quantcast
Distracted driving ticket court case - did i win or lose? - Page 10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10

Thread: Distracted driving ticket court case - did i win or lose?

ust to clarify it wasnt ponoka and it was the prosecutor who threatened people all day who tried to use me as an example for the first trial of the day.

On a side note I did ask the director of law enforcement to hold off on my appeal as I'd like to get myself more evidence for my complaint via my foip but they denied this request.

Foip request was completed but the people in charge of the foip have tried to use some legislation to deny providing the court transcripts.

RCMP investigation is completed. After reviewing the evidence the RCMP do not support my allegation that the rcmp officer lied on the stand. In their ruling the final paragraph says "Both the traffic crown and Traffic commissioner found him credible in his testimony and did not believe he attempted to mislead the court, but discrepencies between his recollection and the video evidence created reasonable doubt. The constable is not expected to have a photographic memory of peripheral details 6 months after an incident but is expected to testify to what he remembers and use his notes to refresh his memory. The courts recognize that memory can be fallible as time passes, and weigh witness testimony aginst the overall evidence. I am satisfied the constable had no intention to mislead the court or lie in his testimony.

The traffic crown they spoke to took issue with my dash cam video evidence being seperated into smaller segments and deemed it unreliable(even though the officer placed himself in the videos). They went on to say the constables testimony was not supported by the video evidence but because the video was provided in 3 different files he was not satisfied that the video accurately represented the occurance but recognized it was enough to raise reasonable doubt hence my aquittal.

They make a point to claim that overall my evidence came across as evasive.

My only thoughts on this mess is that the officer specified on the stand that his version of events and his testimony did not happen. Somehow i am evasive in my testimony because i said i do not remember a to one or two questions but the officers fabricated their entire traffic stop but are considered reliable, credible and at no point were the officers determined to mislead, lie or fabricate anything. Their testimony gets 100 excuses why its completely different then the dash cam video evidence.

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

Wow this is ridiculous. I think a judge would find it telling that the foip request is denied.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

But they're professionals. Duh
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

You fought the good fight.

Time to pack it in.

My Ride
    Silverado

Time for the media.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    Im the one with a learning disability....

not sure if this caused more issues but the rcmp went to the traffic crown prosecutor for assistance on the file. The same department that I raised a stink with that completely shut me down refusing to even talk with me.

My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Time for the media.
    I wonder if a lawyer trying to make a name for themselves would have any interest doing this pro bono. Make sure gwill did everything properly, follow up on it, and then go to media.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Essentially gwill found a small town with questionable procedures regarding something thats of minimal importance in the eyes of the gatekeepers of the system (government) - traffic court and a members' bad recall (likely fabricated, but impossible to prove) .

They are not used to having a light shined upon them by civilians and are trying to close all doors to keep it dark.
    Last edited by revelations; 10-01-2019 at 10:49 AM.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10