Quantcast
Distracted driving ticket court case - did i win or lose? - Page 8 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Distracted driving ticket court case - did i win or lose?

Appeal is filed with bylaw. I requested the court transcripts and have spoken to 3 different bylaw employees who have denied providing me these documents even though their public documents.

They told me I must foip these documents or pay $800 upwards to $1500 for the documents. I had 30 days to file an appeal so foiping this wasnt an option. I also asked the appeal board and they said they will not be providing me any documents from the investigation.

So I emailed the rcmp to request the court transcripts that they pulled. They denied the request on the grounds they got the documents from the bylaw officers and they dont own the documents. I asked why their working together when both investigations are supposed to be separate and was told they are only sharing the transcripts.

Obvious issue is for my appeal they dont want to provide transcripts that were used to find my complaint unfounded.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They told me I must foip these documents or pay $800 upwards to $1500 for the documents. I had 30 days to file an appeal so foiping this wasnt an option. I also asked the appeal board and they said they will not be providing me any documents from the investigation.
    To add to the saga, can you buy the docs, win the case, and then sue the crown for that money in small claims?

My Ride
    Silverado

fucking bananalands

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Appeal is filed with bylaw. I requested the court transcripts and have spoken to 3 different bylaw employees who have denied providing me these documents even though their public documents.

So I emailed the rcmp to request the court transcripts that they pulled. They denied the request on the grounds they got the documents from the bylaw officers and they dont own the documents. I asked why their working together when both investigations are supposed to be separate and was told they are only sharing the transcripts.

Obvious issue is for my appeal they dont want to provide transcripts that were used to find my complaint unfounded.
    It sounds like you need a lawyer involved to deal with the amount of bureaucracy. They would know how to navigate this, sometimes intentionally, difficult system.

I also dont quite understand where you say "Appeal is filed with bylaw" and then "the appeal board and they said they will not be providing me any documents from the investigation.".... sounds like an impasse.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

I'd chip in $$ to buy the transcript and go to the media with this.

Beyond GoFundMyTranscript?
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

We need one of those Beyond lawyers to help scare these guys
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Silverado

Start a GoFundMe. I'll donate

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    It sounds like you need a lawyer involved to deal with the amount of bureaucracy. They would know how to navigate this, sometimes intentionally, difficult system.

I also dont quite understand where you say "Appeal is filed with bylaw" and then "the appeal board and they said they will not be providing me any documents from the investigation.".... sounds like an impasse.
    Sloppy writing on my part. I've appealed the decision from the bylaw investigation. Before the appeal was filed I tried requesting the transcripts or other documents but was denied. I tried again after the appeal was filed but was denied.

The appeal board is a different department that now takes over from the bylaw investigators. Theyve made it clear as of today that they wont be providing any documents or sharing any info with me. Anything I want would need to be foiped. As of now my appeal is only confirmed to have been recieved but not yet granted.

In regards to a lawyer I set an appointment with a firm but the earliest appointment is aug 26th. This will run me $500 to $750 just for the meeting. I'll see if they can at least shed light on the processes. Ill let them tell me If I'm having smoke blown up my ass and if they can dive into the main issue of my complaint which is perjury/intent.

I'm curious to hear from the lawyer why the bylaw investigators didnt have enough evidence to prove intent. Seems like a crazy high threshold.
    Last edited by gwill; 07-23-2019 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    We need one of those Beyond lawyers to help scare these guys
    Problem # 1. Most lawyers wont deal with police matters. It's part of the reason why my appointment is so far down the road just to speak to a firm who wont shy away from stuff like this. Problem #2: its counter productive for me to pay a massive lawyer bill that wont get recouped.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Start a GoFundMe. I'll donate
    hah thanks. I'm hopeful it can be taken care of without anyone paying anything.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I enjoy that you're trying to do this, the system is too corrupted by profit for anyone to win......
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

What kind of lawyer are you seeing?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Why don’t you get the news involved now? I’m sure there’s multiple reporters that would pick this up and run with it and it will likely avoid you having to actually pay any legal fees. Nothing better then a police corruption case these days! If you story is true (which almost certainly is as officers overstep their power constantly) these people need to be exposed publicly. Go nuclear on their asses man, just do it!

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    What kind of lawyer are you seeing?
    It's a criminal law firm that deals with a lot of appeals/police issues specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Type_S1 View Post
    Why don’t you get the news involved now? I’m sure there’s multiple reporters that would pick this up and run with it and it will likely avoid you having to actually pay any legal fees. Nothing better then a police corruption case these days! If you story is true (which almost certainly is as officers overstep their power constantly) these people need to be exposed publicly. Go nuclear on their asses man, just do it!
    I'm definitely considering the media route a lot more. Probably because the findings from the bylaw investigators has me pissed off.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

It's a criminal law firm that deals with a lot of appeals/police issues specifically.
    This could be more of a human rights issue than police issue. I would call the Alberta Law Society and see if they can refer you to someone who does work in civil liberties.

https://www.lawsociety.ab.ca/public/lawyer-referral/
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

So, who issued this ticket to you? The RCMP or bylaw officer? And who's notes are on the ticket? Further, there is only so much room for notes on a ticket on the back side of the white copy at the back of the triplicate form, so I'm curious about the two pages of notes. Anything on the face that isn't a checkbox/line item isn't acceptable, and given the limited space for notes on an Alberta ticket form, I'm left wondering about how they could have had so many notes.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by phil98z24 View Post
    So, who issued this ticket to you? The RCMP or bylaw officer? And who's notes are on the ticket? Further, there is only so much room for notes on a ticket on the back side of the white copy at the back of the triplicate form, so I'm curious about the two pages of notes. Anything on the face that isn't a checkbox/line item isn't acceptable, and given the limited space for notes on an Alberta ticket form, I'm left wondering about how they could have had so many notes.
    bylaw wrote the ticket but I believe both officers have written notes on it. The entire top of the ticket on the second page where it asks for employment, phone # etc has notes written everywhere taking up the entire top section and the entire portion on the bottom is filled with notes.

So technically not 2 pages but its multiple areas filled with notes. The investigators claimed there were a lack of notes as one of the reasons they dismissed my complaint yet there is a massive amount of notes.
    Last edited by gwill; 07-25-2019 at 04:35 PM.

I'll give you $10 if you PM me the detachment where this took place.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

This is a complete debacle of epic proportions.

Ok, so next question: did the bylaw officer refer to the notes during their testimony? And why was the RCMP officers notes on the ticket? That’s so bizarre. Did the rcmp officer refer to those notes during their testimony?
    ---------------------------------------------------

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by phil98z24 View Post
    Ok, so next question: did the bylaw officer refer to the notes during their testimony? And why was the RCMP officers notes on the ticket? That’s so bizarre. Did the rcmp officer refer to those notes during their testimony?
    They did evrything by memory which was crazy odd. Opening line from the prosecutor was why do you remember this traffic stop and things went from there. At no point did either officer ask to refer to his notes. I believe under questioning at one point It was asked who wrote what part of the notes on the ticket. It was brief and that was it. I was confused to hear both may have written on the ticket but maybe I misunderstood as well in the moment.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast