Quantcast
No more “like” counting on social media - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: No more “like” counting on social media

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's quite apparent that you didn't target anyone specifically with this comment but it's quite apparent that your intent was to stir the pot picking who you replied to. Can you not comment without taking digs at other members, either directly or indirectly? Yeah, I'm directing this straight at you so guilty as charged but your post history certainly would back me up - pretty much every thread you wade into becomes a gong show.

As far as the topic at hand, I do have an Instagram account but pretty much killed it off within a week because it seemed like such a lame social media platform. I guess that would apply to any of my social media accounts, even my Twitter and Facebook accounts are pretty much dead - just got better things to do with my time. Forums like this and a few others I still participate in but not as much as I used to, seems to decrease as I can benefit from more senior perks - fuck, I'll soon be a part of some McDonalds coffee club soon. Maybe I could IG my coffee selection or then, maybe not.

That's it, I'm putting you on the payroll! From now on anybody wanna talk to me you talk to the dog first lol

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    I purposely didn't target him, as I know he is already prone to exactly what is being talked about. But he is the one who said what he said, so who else should I quote for my reply? Wouldn't have much context without the quote.

I definitely took a couple directed playful jabs about crossfit the other day, little litmus test to see if a sense of humor ever grew. No such luck so I'll lay off. Other than that I haven't been starting shit with anyone. A few people get pretty triggered when ideas outside their bubble get brought up, which doesn't have anything to do with me.
    Oh so how I completely went off the deep end back in my personal trainer/social media thread wasn't sufficient for you to determine my reactionary proclivities that you needed a "litmus test" to see if I'd have a sense of humor about bashing/equating to crossfit all that has to do with cardio? Maybe I'm not the only one here who's not playing with a full deck?

Not even gonna repeat what I already posted but once again you're the pot calling the kettle black and it has everything to do with you. You started something that you couldn't finish so now it was all a joke and reactions are everyone else's fault but yours? I'm actually curious as to how old you are now.

Let’s be real here, instagram couldn’t care less about soccer moms or participation trophies. There’s more and more studies coming out showing that social media and the quest for likes is actually psychologically damaging to children, so they are trying to figure out a way to limit their legal liability without tanking the whole system. Why do you think it’s instagram (the less valuable subsidiary of Facebook) that’s testing this out?

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 04:26 PM.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    That would be like cigarettes removing nicotine, or Coca-Cola removing whatever it is that makes it so addictive.

From a legal point of view it is better to ride it out while making as much money as possible and deal with the legal consequences later.

Doing it preemptively like this indicates it is motivated by other reasons to me.

The one thing I can agree on is it has nothing to do with "people's health" like they claim, haha.
    Products are not addictive. People have addictive habits.

Completely on topic. Acid is what makes coke so addictive, its literally higher on the PH scale than vinegar.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

That would be like cigarettes removing nicotine, or Coca-Cola removing whatever it is that makes it so addictive.

From a legal point of view it is better to ride it out while making as much money as possible and deal with the legal consequences later.

Doing it preemptively like this indicates it is motivated by other reasons to me.

The one thing I can agree on is it has nothing to do with "people's health" like they claim, haha.
    So rather than attempt to change their business plan they should fight lawsuits and get hammered by regulations until they die a slow death? Excellent idea

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 04:26 PM.

I don't think Philip Morris is dying a slow death anytime soon, they are still in the top quarter of the fortune 500 to this day

I think there is still a solid 15 years before somebody can sue for psychological damage of "likes" , no need to start trying to mitigate it now.
    yeah that Olympic downhill shaped graph of customer base really inspires confidence. To be fair, I’m sure if they can’t figure out a way to stay profitable without likes they’ll just double down and gut it out, but they’d have to be colossal morons to not at least attempt to avoid the issue altogether

My Ride
    NC1

Tobacco companies should just shift over to MJ. It’s perfect.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 04:25 PM.

My Ride
    *The First*

Deleted post.
    Last edited by ThePenIsMightier; 05-05-2019 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Why feed trolls

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Antonito View Post
    yeah that Olympic downhill shaped graph of customer base really inspires confidence. To be fair, I’m sure if they can’t figure out a way to stay profitable without likes they’ll just double down and gut it out, but they’d have to be colossal morons to not at least attempt to avoid the issue altogether
    That downhill graph would be primarily served by Altria, which is a split of Philip Morris with Altria serving US only, and PMI serving ROW. Altria’s revenues are pretty flat. PMI makes their money from international markets that are growing (Asia, Europe). PMI has been growing as a company even though revenue has dropped the last couple of years due to competition. They recovered nicely this year though and is once again on a revenue growth path.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    Tobacco companies should just shift over to MJ. It’s perfect.
    This is why Altria is investing 1.8 billion USD to an MJ company, Cronos, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by firebane View Post
    Products are not addictive. People have addictive habits.
    D-E-N-I-A-L right there. Lemme guess, you "only" have social media to stay in touch with your friends and family?

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    D-E-N-I-A-L right there. Lemme guess, you "only" have social media to stay in touch with your friends and family?
    I have no family to stay in touch with... thanks

Quote Originally Posted by firebane View Post
    I have no family to stay in touch with... thanks
    Awww shit sorry man... I'm sure you have friends tho. I was just saying, all the social media addicts I know use that excuse yet they're posting every last little thing all day every day lol

Some people definitely have addictive personalities and will react differently but I don't believe that means the product isn't/wasn't designed to be addictive.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I'm addicted to beyond.ca. Or may just all you folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 11:39 AM.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by 01RedDX View Post
    It's higher on the PH scale because it's less acidic. The lower the number, the more acidic something is.

I've never heard of acid being addictive but sugar and caffeine, on the other hand...
    PH level has nothing to do with addiction. ZenOps is just spreading misinformation, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    PH level has nothing to do with addiction. ZenOps is just spreading misinformation, as usual.
    I don't know guys. I tried Acid and that shit got me hooked!! I think he is on to something.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast