TELUS SmartHome Security - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: TELUS SmartHome Security

My Ride
    97 Supra tt

Default TELUS SmartHome Security

751HP HKS V-Pro, Tuned by: Justin Nenni

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Yup. It's pretty decent. If you want all the crazy bells and whistles and are tech savy, Vivint is probably better for you but I have heard some weird stories about them.

TELUS stuff is pretty good, they used to be alarm force before TELUS bought them, so has the 2 way voice thing, has integrated security cameras, door bell cameras, thermostats, heat/smoke/cold detectors all wired in, and all remotely accessible by your smartphone and computer. All in all, it is pretty slick and works well. I have had it for about a year now as I also trialed it for them before being released to the public (I work for TELUS) and I have had zero issues with it. I would recommend it.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Summer car or work truck

We got it a few months ago. It's ok. Our back yard camera is a bit of a pain, but I imagine all motion cameras are. The furnace vent triggers it every time the furnace comes on. I don't know a way around it unless I move the camera. Doorbell cam has messed up a couple times when trying to view/talk to whoever was at the door. Cost seems pretty inexpensive and customer service has been great.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

I have it, I like it a lot better than the archaic Alarm Force gear it replaced. The 'unusual activity' notifications work remarkably well given that my wife is a shift worker, it learned her wild patterns immediately, never got a false notification yet. It would be nice if it integrated with third party devices like out t-stat, cameras, garage door control, etc. but I think that's common for any system, they want you to buy their gear. I must have been one of the first public users to get it as it feels like it's been a year for me too. They installed it when my Alarm Force main unit shit the bed. Price is OK, wasn't pleased to be forced into the $15/month increase over my rate with AF, they didn't mention that until I called them after seeing my first bill. I too would recommend it, very user friendly.