Quantcast
Escalation in China US trade war. - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Escalation in China US trade war.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You have a great knack for taking potentially interesting conversations or topics and driving them into pointless oblivion in a single post.
    Here's a bigger and more relevant issue. Has anyone even had these Pep & Cheddar things, yet? I think I blew my load in my pants these things are so incredibly succulent and delicious. Life changing!!
    Now I found turkey ones at Costco with white cheddar and I was sceptical, but BOOM they're also awesome. I saw a god damned foot-long looking one at the shitty airport store and it took all my will power to not buy it. I think I could eat an entire meal of these. I bet that would be bad for my insides and plumbing but holy shit. If everyone hasn't tried these, get out there and by a couple of bags of them because you're about to give your colon a sucker punch.

They're. So. Good!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    It could help manufacturing in Canada. Import cheap components from China and assemble here. Slap a Made in Canada sticker and ship to the US
    Canada looking good!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by bob9979 View Post
    Canada looking good!
    Being ignored again as usual.....

My Ride
    Eclipse

A great deal is coming guys! China wants a deal bad!

They are not enemies anymore but besties, <3

Anyone want to bet a deal with over 51% in favor of the US will not happen before the 2020 election?

I'll take the "It wont happen side"
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe View Post
    A great deal is coming guys! China wants a deal bad!

They are not enemies anymore but besties, <3

Anyone want to bet a deal with over 51% in favor of the US will not happen before the 2020 election?

I'll take the "It wont happen side"
    Apparently Trump lied about that call. Chinese never called.

China isn't a democracy and can/will wait it out until next prez. They don't care because they know their growth will continues at modest 3-6% while the western worlds will fall into recessions without Chinese consumers.

I tends to agree with China. There is no point negotiating with Trump. And when US get back to the bargaining table, they will be in weaken position. As much as I hate TPP, it would have kept China in check. As much as we want to make stuff in NA, you just can't compete with dictatorship that promotes 6 12s as normal work week. This is why Telus/Bell prefer Huawei gears, it's cheaper, better and problems resolutions can be had in days instead of weeks with Ericsson.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/15/busin...ina/index.html

https://www.forbes.com/sites/panosmo.../#7f89b7402628
    Last edited by Xtrema; 08-27-2019 at 09:20 AM.

Costco opens in China, chaos insues.

Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Lenient return policy in China. That’ll go well.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Imagine the line for food sample

Apparently there was "poor shopping cart etiquette" in that Chinese Costco. Why would anyone expect to be different there than what one can see in pretty much any grocery store and probably Costo in Calgary?
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    370Z duhh

Is that really worse than what America sees during Black Friday?

Fighting over a piece of pork... you have remember, a lot of these people have been dirt poor for most of their lives.

My Ride
    Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Apparently Trump lied about that call. Chinese never called.

China isn't a democracy and can/will wait it out until next prez. They don't care because they know their growth will continues at modest 3-6% while the western worlds will fall into recessions without Chinese consumers.

I tends to agree with China. There is no point negotiating with Trump. And when US get back to the bargaining table, they will be in weaken position. As much as I hate TPP, it would have kept China in check. As much as we want to make stuff in NA, you just can't compete with dictatorship that promotes 6 12s as normal work week. This is why Telus/Bell prefer Huawei gears, it's cheaper, better and problems resolutions can be had in days instead of weeks with Ericsson.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/15/busin...ina/index.html

https://www.forbes.com/sites/panosmo.../#7f89b7402628
    Ya I was obviously trolling here, in my opinion what I've expected to happen for the last 6 months is china take it easy with trump and just try to keep lower tariffs and have this trade war going and then before the 2020 election they will attack and make the US suffer so trump is not re-elected.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    Costco opens in China, chaos insues.

It's interesting because stores like Wal-mart actually haven't done well in china, it's not so much about the cheaper prices, and it's interesting about Costco, I wonder if Wal-mart/Tesco has a ton of people coming in at the start as well..

Wal-mart Failed / Struggling if they still around

https://www.forbes.com/sites/greatsp.../#49bfc30c7fb8

Tesco Failed

https://www.raconteur.net/business-i...to-crack-china
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by 370Z View Post
    Is that really worse than what America sees during Black Friday?

Fighting over a piece of pork... you have remember, a lot of these people have been dirt poor for most of their lives.
    The people shopping at Costco aren’t dirt poor. This is just Chinese people fighting to get a piece of the deal. Honestly, probably not even eating pork for dinner haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    The people shopping at Costco aren’t dirt poor. This is just Chinese people fighting to get a piece of the deal. Honestly, probably not even eating pork for dinner haha.
    Exactly, fear of missing out on a deal, hermes handbags and Moutai(50% of retail price) had been sold out soon after opening. Pork is 30% off retail price, have to grab something home better than nothing.
    I saw the news nextday Costco had some Rolex daytona and subs on-shelf but people become realistic soon because the price is expensive than retail.(the good thing is you pay a premium without having to wait for it)

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe View Post
    It's interesting because stores like Wal-mart actually haven't done well in china, it's not so much about the cheaper prices, and it's interesting about Costco, I wonder if Wal-mart/Tesco has a ton of people coming in at the start as well..
    Bob already covered it. It's 30%-50% off for almost anything that caused the chaos. There is no idea of longevity or viability of such business given Home Depot, Best Buy, Walmart to a degree all failed in China. If anything this event could be promoted by CCCP as shot in the bow about Trump telling US businesses to leave China.

You simply can't ignore over 1B consumers even if you write off the other 300M as too poor to join in at this point.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 09-03-2019 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Bob already covered it. It's 30%-50% off for almost anything that caused the chaos. There is no idea of longevity or viability of such business given Home Depot, Best Buy, Walmart to a degree all failed in China. If anything this event could be promoted by CCCP as shot in the bow about Trump telling US businesses to leave China.

You simply can't ignore over 1B consumers even if you write off the other 300M as too poor to join in at this point.
    I think Costco's future in China market is dimmed, the market is highly competative, though their equivalent (Walmart Sam's club) is expanding their business in China. Domestic Chinese retail brands are more flexible, if you live in big cities there is no need to go get groceries, ordering on the phone and deliveries come in within an hour.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2