Quantcast
2020 Toyota Supra Test Numbers - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 63

Thread: 2020 Toyota Supra Test Numbers

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6
    Posts
    2,386
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Just going to throw a curveball here:

    50k will get you a Mustang GT performance pack, 10sp.

    3.9, 12flat, Handles well.

    That’s the performance bargain, supra is a little more precise.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

    -H.P. Lovecraft

    Kim Kardashian Sex tape:
    Originally posted by hadookin
    nice box... to bad that nigs face is in it

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    6,804
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    ...
    Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 04:35 PM.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6
    Posts
    2,386
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They should have used the V8 1LE. Still, would rather the supra over camaro.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

    -H.P. Lovecraft

    Kim Kardashian Sex tape:
    Originally posted by hadookin
    nice box... to bad that nigs face is in it

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    2016 MB C450
    Posts
    8,127
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Throwing my flame suit on.

    The Supra does absolutely nothing for me. The BMW components are the best part of the car in my opinion.

    Would buy a M240i for $51k instead.
    Equally equipped, I believe M240i is only $5K cheaper than Supra but with inferior interior. I do prefer the look of Supra over the M240i. I have not seen interior in person but 2 series has been very low grade for a German in my opinion.

    If Toyota applies the same 5/3 warranty on it, it probably not a bad way to own a BMW for 4-5 seasons

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    6,804
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    ...
    Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 04:35 PM.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    C-Town
    My Ride
    2018 F87
    Posts
    6,993
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Maybe I'm on the wrong BMW forums but I'm just not seeing the reliability issues people talk about as nobody is having issues with M2's anyway. The N55 was bulletproof and the B58 is a more stout version with closed deck block as I understand it's the V8 engines on modern BMW's that can be unreliable. These engines are pretty well in every model of BMW so if they weren't reliable you would hear a lot about it. Sorry but nobody here should ever be considering an M240i over a Supra. Maybe some of you should drive that car first because it's nothing like an M2 and will be nothing like the Supra. It doesn't get the M3/M4 rear differential and lacks the suspension and brakes as on the forums a few people have tried to mod their M240i's to reach M2 levels and they all end up saying it wasn't worth it at the end. Below is a good comparison and like everyone else says the 240i just isn't the same and seeing the Supra handles better and is faster than an M2 you would be crazy to opt for an M240i.

    https://www.carthrottle.com/post/6-k...-m2-and-m240i/

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    C5Z, Duramax
    Posts
    6,009
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Equally equipped, I believe M240i is only $5K cheaper than Supra but with inferior interior. I do prefer the look of Supra over the M240i. I have not seen interior in person but 2 series has been very low grade for a German in my opinion.

    If Toyota applies the same 5/3 warranty on it, it probably not a bad way to own a BMW for 4-5 seasons
    Who says everyone wants them equally equipped? I find the M240i interior is actually quite good on the quality scale.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2015 Fiesta ST, 2018 GTI PP
    Posts
    4,991
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Reviews are saying the Supra is better than the M2 and you guys want M240iís?

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    6,804
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    ...
    Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 04:35 PM.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Technically the NE
    My Ride
    ĎBerta Special
    Posts
    4,185
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    You would have to be a massive Supra fanboi to buy one over an M2Comp

    At least the M2 looks good, and isnít a Toyota
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Victoria Park
    My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom
    Posts
    3,411
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Surface level I can see why people may compare the Supra to a M240i but as others have stated already, there is more to it.

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    420
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just going to throw a curveball here:

    50k will get you a Mustang GT performance pack, 10sp.

    3.9, 12flat, Handles well.

    Thatís the performance bargain, supra is a little more precise.
    Other then straight power comparisons there isnít much comparable between the two cars. I disagree that the Mustang ďhandle wellsĒ, itís like a boat on wheels compared to most smaller sports cars and I absolutely hated the handling of the new GT. On top of that Mustangís are cheaply built with crap resale and low quality interiors. Not to mention the stigma surrounding mustang owners.

    Regardless of powertrain, I really wish the exterior of the new Supra looked better. That rear end is hideous.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6
    Posts
    2,386
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Type_S1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Other then straight power comparisons there isn’t much comparable between the two cars. I disagree that the Mustang “handle wells”, it’s like a boat on wheels compared to most smaller sports cars and I absolutely hated the handling of the new GT. On top of that Mustang’s are cheaply built with crap resale and low quality interiors. Not to mention the stigma surrounding mustang owners.

    Regardless of powertrain, I really wish the exterior of the new Supra looked better. That rear end is hideous.
    Lol. I bet you haven’t driven a performance pack with magneride.

    Anyway, tell me about the stigma and why it matters? What about Miata stigma? I’m guessing that would stop you from owning one of the greatest cars ever produced.

    Further up, I said I’d choose a supra over a camaro, not because of the stigma, but a realistic reason like I don’t fit very well and can’t see shit from it.

    But a V8 1LE would be the ticket.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

    -H.P. Lovecraft

    Kim Kardashian Sex tape:
    Originally posted by hadookin
    nice box... to bad that nigs face is in it

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    420
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lol. I bet you haven’t driven a performance pack with magneride.

    Anyway, tell me about the stigma and why it matters? What about Miata stigma? I’m guessing that would stop you from owning one of the greatest cars ever produced.

    Further up, I said I’d choose a supra over a camaro, not because of the stigma, but a realistic reason like I don’t fit very well and can’t see shit from it.

    But a V8 1LE would be the ticket.
    Actually I have, and it’s completely underwhelming. It’s a big car with poor handling just like most other mustangs ever built. Also, correct me if I’m wrong the MagneRide doesn’t come in the standard GT, You’ll need the performance 2 package meaning the minimum price you can get a GT with MagneRide on is around $58.5k CAD. For a mustang...that is extremely overpriced. Again, compared to other cars in the price range the quality control is quite poor, the interior is lacklustre and I’m sure will be rattling within a year, and resale is absolutely trash. I’ve owned a GT before and test drove a couple earlier this year when looking for a new weekend car.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6
    Posts
    2,386
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Type_S1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually I have, and it’s completely underwhelming. It’s a big car with poor handling just like most other mustangs ever built. Also, correct me if I’m wrong the MagneRide doesn’t come in the standard GT, You’ll need the performance 2 package meaning the minimum price you can get a GT with MagneRide on is around $58.5k CAD. For a mustang...that is extremely overpriced. Again, compared to other cars in the price range the quality control is quite poor, the interior is lacklustre and I’m sure will be rattling within a year, and resale is absolutely trash. I’ve owned a GT before and test drove a couple earlier this year when looking for a new weekend car.
    It does come with PP1, not just PP2.

    I always spec out a base, PP1 during employee pricing and since like 2014 they’ve been right around 40 during the best incentives.

    Like I said, I’m a big fan of the supra, and mustangs, and cars in general.

    For the price the mustang is king, and the worlds best selling sports car.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

    -H.P. Lovecraft

    Kim Kardashian Sex tape:
    Originally posted by hadookin
    nice box... to bad that nigs face is in it

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Silverado
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fake it until you M-ake it!

    I'd take an M2 competition over the Supra... simply because it has a massive numbers advantage where it matters most. The BMW is available with 33.3 percent more pedals!
    50% more? The supra would have 33.3% less pedals.

    Damn engineers.
    Last edited by dirtsniffer; 05-19-2019 at 11:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    Im the one with a learning disability....

  17. #37
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    has a stick axle
    Posts
    1,686
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It does come with PP1, not just PP2.

    I always spec out a base, PP1 during employee pricing and since like 2014 theyíve been right around 40 during the best incentives.

    Like I said, Iím a big fan of the supra, and mustangs, and cars in general.

    For the price the mustang is king, and the worlds best selling sports car.
    Why are you arguing with someone who has obviously never done a HPDE or an auto-x event. The Mustang PP2 and Camaro 1LE are two of the best bargain sports cars currently in existence, full stop.

    While I am more impressed with the new Supra than I thought I would be, the value and looks just aren't there.
    Originally posted by lint
    Who the f*ck cares what brand of protein a weak ass sissy takes? Or what exercises a weak ass sissy does?
    Originally posted by slinkie
    to each haters of "milk" your eating like a b!tch so ur gonna stay a b!tch. eat some cow eat some pizza eat cow in pasta cow in bread cow with cheese drink cow. look at cows there big eat them and ull be to. u are what u eat u wanna eat chicked ull stay being a chicken. u wanna eat string cheese ur gonna be a string cheese. u wanna eat fruit ur ganna be a fruit. Enjoy life.

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6
    Posts
    2,386
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KRyn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why are you arguing with someone who has obviously never done a HPDE or an auto-x event. The Mustang PP2 and Camaro 1LE are two of the best bargain sports cars currently in existence, full stop.

    While I am more impressed with the new Supra than I thought I would be, the value and looks just aren't there.
    Just trying to bring some car talk into our retirement savings forum hahah
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

    -H.P. Lovecraft

    Kim Kardashian Sex tape:
    Originally posted by hadookin
    nice box... to bad that nigs face is in it

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    6,804
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    ....
    Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 04:36 PM.

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    2016 MB C450
    Posts
    8,127
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...no-horsepower/

    After lashing down Toyota’s new sports car, we discovered that, even with the power-sapping driveline losses of its transmission and rear axle, the Supra puts down 339 horsepower and 427 lb-ft of torque at the wheels. That’s slightly better than the 335 horses Toyota said the car would produce at the crank and a considerable jump from the 365 lb-ft the company promised. While modern drivetrains have become highly efficient at transferring power, the extra power that the Supra is putting to the ground helps explain its impressive accelerative ability.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FS: Toyota Supra Tail Lights 93-98, OEM Civic Tail Lights, Toyota Supra Seibon carbon

    By BB6SE in forum Automotive Parts [Aero/Styling/Interior]
    Replies: 4
    Latest Threads: 05-01-2007, 02:14 PM
  2. "Back" To The Moon - By 2020.

    By /////AMG in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 6
    Latest Threads: 09-20-2005, 01:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •