Thread: Google bans Huawei.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Trump said it was my way or the Huawei
    Aaaaannnd, we're done here.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
    Trump said it was my way or the Huawei
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Sentry again.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

Y'know I don't know that people actually need google on their device half as much as they think they do.

If there was a professionally managed .com website with easy to verify MD5 checksums where you could download the APK's (.apk being the same thing as .exe for PC users) similar to APKmirror or APKpure. People might actually realize they don't need Google Play store or the Apple store, the only functionality you lose is easy payment by cash (gift cards) In many ways, the overlay is just a waste of money as it doesn't go to the developer (sort of like how Steam does not give the game developer money for distribution)
    Cocoa $12,000 per ton.

Looks like the entirety of USA companies have piled on. As expected, because the key to survival nowadays is not getting sued (especially on executive order)

Does make me wonder how much better the Kirin 985 would have been compared to the Apple A13. Heaven knows Intel has totally screwed it up on speculative vulnerabilities. I mean, if they force me to buy an inferior A13, I guess that's the way its going to roll.
    Cocoa $12,000 per ton.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    Looks like the entirety of USA companies have piled on. As expected, because the key to survival nowadays is not getting sued (especially on executive order)

Does make me wonder how much better the Kirin 985 would have been compared to the Apple A13. Heaven knows Intel has totally screwed it up on speculative vulnerabilities. I mean, if they force me to buy an inferior A13, I guess that's the way its going to roll.
    Inferior? Have you even looked at benchmarks on the previous Apple chip line? Inferior isn’t normally what you refer to the class leader.

I should know better then replying to a thread you started.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

Of course its inferior. CPU and GPU only appeal to people who play PUGB and Fortnite on their cellphones - which is only a "last case" scenario for many people (1200 watt PC with 70 inch screen first, then console, then resort to desperation playing on a 5-watt device.)

Kirin 985 will have built in 5G 1.4Gbps, which means HD Netflix (actually Prime video, because they allow movie storage on device) movie downloads in 15 seconds while you wait at an intersection in a larger city, or a well connected gas station. Video Youtuber? Take the 5G network upload speed in seconds instead of hours, over CPU speed anyday.

Without a rock solid high speed 5G, A13 will be inferior. No questions, USA losing - and they know it.

I'm running Pokémon GO on a Fire 8 HD (direct APK download, screw google) it runs - ok. $52 cdn brand new. Yup, unless you are one of the weirdos that try to play fortnite in high school or post secondary - I'd say the market for the A13/14/15 is extremely limited, especially if they hit the 7nm wall (Intel has already hit the 10nm wall)

USA: If you can't win, Tonya Harding. Don't get me wrong. Apple was the greatest, when Jobs was around. NASA was pretty great 50 years ago. I hear Jeebus was quite a chill guy 2,000 years ago too.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 05-26-2019 at 09:56 AM.
    Cocoa $12,000 per ton.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    Of course its inferior. CPU and GPU only appeal to people who play PUGB and Fortnite on their cellphones - which is only a "last case" scenario for many people (1200 watt PC with 70 inch screen first, then console, then resort to desperation playing on a 5-watt device.)

Kirin 985 will have built in 5G 1.4Gbps, which means HD Netflix (actually Prime video, because they allow movie storage on device) movie downloads in 15 seconds while you wait at an intersection in a larger city, or a well connected gas station.

Without a rock solid high speed 5G, A13 will be inferior. No questions, USA losing - and they know it.

I'm running Pokémon GO on a Fire 8 HD (direct APK download, screw google) it runs - ok. $52 cdn brand new. Yup, unless you are one of the weirdos that try to play fortnite in high school or post secondary - I'd say the market for the A13/14/15 is extremely limited, especially if they hit the 7nm wall (Intel has already hit the 10nm wall)
    So your stance is that people use their phones as a last case device to consume media then mention how important 5g is and being able to download prime videos to watch on their “last case device”

Solid argument.

This is why people stop replying to your posts. Because they are asinine.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

It would be hella funny if Huawei comes in at last second (assuming 7nm is the silicon endgame) and dominates the market for the next decade or two. Arguably, communications is ultimately what it is all about - people did have cellphones with only a speaker and a microphone for a very long time before touchscreens were even a thing. There will always be sit down 1575 watt computing devices, but on the go - people want communications above all other factors.

Apple pushes the tech, Huawei does a sprint at last second and looks to win it all. Only time will tell, but I can already see Huawei on the podium. Apple might go down in history as the also-ran. Bic Cristal did win the great ballpoint pen war, people tend to forget how expensive a ballpoint pen used to be pre-moon landing.

The proper thing for Apple to do is to work hard to develop 6G, 10 Gbps - and make 5G obsolete. But no - its pretty obvious they have run out of expertise knowledge and skill, and have to "ban" the other guy. Sore losers always change the rules when they see they aren't going to win.

Last edited by ZenOps; 05-26-2019 at 03:22 PM.
    Cocoa $12,000 per ton.

BTW: I always found it strange that people would compare 5 watt devices (with half of that power going to a lit screen) to be anywhere near the same level of say a desktop or rackmount server pulling a full 1575 watts without screen. Its like people never learned the laws of thermodynamics. If you put 100 Iphones together, you might get the computational power of a singular server afterall.

Massive mind-f*cks by the media I guess.
    Cocoa $12,000 per ton.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2