Quantcast
Another Renter question.... - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Another Renter question....

My Ride
    2011 Chrarger, 2018 F150

Just get a air mattress, some dishes and a few towels. Get it on social media as the Air BNB basics or some hip catch phrase and get it trending. Make sure you offer 4000 a night and there you go.

My Ride
    Cayenne S, 335i Cab

My Ride
    Some kind of Audi

Bumping this thread as I just ended my first ever rental experience, always owned.

Rented from a private owner for four years. I was imo an excellent renter, always paid one day early, very respectful of the property and my neighbours…anyway I was cleaning the unit, specifically the oven…self cleaning, I simply pressed clean button, it did it’s thing but has now been in lock mode for a few weeks. I let the landloard know immediately. I tried all the google stuff, leaving it unplugged, holding certain buttons for such and such a time etc…nothing worked.

Inspection today she asked me who I had coming to fix the oven. Is this really something I’m on the hook for?

Quote Originally Posted by theedge111 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bumping this thread as I just ended my first ever rental experience, always owned.

Rented from a private owner for four years. I was imo an excellent renter, always paid one day early, very respectful of the property and my neighbours…anyway I was cleaning the unit, specifically the oven…self cleaning, I simply pressed clean button, it did it’s thing but has now been in lock mode for a few weeks. I let the landloard know immediately. I tried all the google stuff, leaving it unplugged, holding certain buttons for such and such a time etc…nothing worked.

Inspection today she asked me who I had coming to fix the oven. Is this really something I’m on the hook for?
    It's more then likely a quick and easy fix. I had an oven do this on me before and had an appliance repair company come out and fix it. Cost was negligible.

You could argue its normal wear and tear if she tries to ding you. On a side note an appliance that doesn't work is the landlords responsibility to fix.

My Ride
    79 Country Squire 95 Deville 09 Jeep JK

I have killed two oven lock control motors for lack of a better term. Plastic gears inside stripped and no bueno. Something to consider, and I wouldn't call it abuse (like dropping a blender on a smooth top range because SOMEONE in my house figured the best place for the blender to go was above the OTR micro)!

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by theedge111 View Post

No.

I’m a landlord, and I would not hold my tenants responsible.
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB

Even if it counted as damaged, which I don't think it should, oven is a main appliance supplied by the landlord, would be something the landlord is responsible for arranging repairs for, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by colsankey View Post
    Even if it counted as damaged, which I don't think it should, oven is a main appliance supplied by the landlord, would be something the landlord is responsible for arranging repairs for, isn't it?
    Yes.
    It's called wear and tear, they can't make you repair it nor withhold damage deposit unless they can prove you physically damaged the stove.

My Ride
    *The First*

Fuck that.
    And fuck Samsung which I'll bet two paycheques is the brand.

My Ride
    Trucks

Self-clean should be banned. There is a 50/50 chance it’s going to damage itself, more if Samsung or LG.

it's funny how Samsung gets shit on for repairs but I had Samsung fix a 10 yr old microwave in my rental for free. Company came out same day and replaced the mother board or inside of it and it was up and running in no time. Pretty sure the warranty had expired by 5 years at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by 90_Shelby View Post
    No.

I’m a landlord, and I would not hold my tenants responsible.
    Same. Also a landlord.
    Tenants broke handle on dishwasher (their fault but not a big one). I just replaced it for them within the week. A few hundred bucks, not a big deal compared to having unhappy tenants in the place.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2