Quantcast
Has anyone ever got a new drivers license number in Alberta? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Has anyone ever got a new drivers license number in Alberta?

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Default Has anyone ever got a new drivers license number in Alberta?

I posted a note in the Credit Card fraud thread a couple of weeks ago.

Somehow (unsure to me) someone has my name, address, phone number and birthdate (and my drivers license number) and has been attempting to sign up for online home depot credit cards with my info. I got a letter about this 2 weeks ago. At that time I was pretty alarmed and I called equifax/transunion and put a fraud alert on my account which made me feel better until a fraudster was able to add a different phone number to my credit profile. So last week someone tried again to sign up online but only used my name, different all other details. Somehow it still showed up on my credit profile, unsure why it came to me and not another person with my name in Canada, probably using same ID.

Anyway I want to change my drivers license number so I called vital statistics this morning to request this and they told me only a cop can request this. When I called the police about this they didnt even care and told me to launch a case with RCMP anti fraud which ive done. I just want to change my drivers license number so people cant use it for ID when they sign up for credit cards anymore - and I dont think a new drivers license number would fix this because home depot doesnt ask you for expiry date on the online application.

My Ride
    *The First*

Tell them you lost your license and that you're now gender fluid, non-binary, dolphin-friendly and identify as a rutabaga.
    Trudeau himself might get you a new card.

My Ride
    4x4

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Trudeau himself might get you a new card.
    Only if there was a photo-op so he could show off his new watch.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

So i went to the police station to file a report to say someone was using my details to apply for home depot credit cards and I wished to get a new drivers license number, the police told me that despite what the alberta govt said they dont do that. Although I do have a police file number now I could try again. Then yesterday afternoon I received an email from MGM studios that some hackers had breached their server last year and leaked my name, address, birthdate and phone number so that might of been the source of it. I would be surprised if anyone had my drivers license and I dont know if they just dont have my ID and are trying any old number (seems dumb) to verify the applications. Home depot credit services wont tell me which ID they attempt and what number they use, because im not a cop.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Sounds like the easy solution is find a cop friend to do the request?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.