Quantcast
Hertz rental discounts - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Hertz rental discounts

Default Hertz rental discounts

Disclaimer:i havent used this yet but i have the confirmation lol

I had booked a yukon xl with Hertz for vancouver and just for 2 days i would've paid 680.00 with all the taxes, fees and insurance(yes i know my own insurance or CC covers it but i would still be paying the deductible so $100 for 2 days is worth the hassle and ill be in a yukon xl in van so the odds of me causing damage are higher than normal).
    I was doing some searching today to see if i could get something cheaper and no luck at the other sites. For the hell of it i searched hertz discount codes and sure enough i find one on one of those coupon sites. I copy and paste into a new reservation and it worked! the total with taxes, fees and insurance is now $365.00 all in

The code had stated it was a small business discount(which i am anyways) but i was a bit paranoid it would come up as a different company so I opened up a separate screen and signed up my business(free) and they gave me a new code which still gave me the discount and kept the cost at 365.00. There was no mention of having to bring proof at time of rental so im sure anybody could do this. Sorry if this was a bit confusing but it just saved me $300.00.

Go on the hertz page and its in the top right under small business
    https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/reservation/
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Thanks dawg, you the real MVP.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Just FYI that Yukon XL starts at $60K but depends on trim it could be over $65K.

Most CC will only cover vehicles up to $65K, so buying extra insurance is a good move.

And with gas being close to $1.8/L out there, you are going to pay to run that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Just FYI that Yukon XL starts at $60K but depends on trim it could be over $65K.

Most CC will only cover vehicles up to $65K, so buying extra insurance is a good move.

And with gas being close to $1.8/L out there, you are going to pay to run that thing.
    I had no idea about that cap so thanks for that info. There's 6 of us so it was either that or a minivan lol
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

Just got back and the discount code worked! The guy never asked for any proof of me being a small company or anything.

Thanks so much for this. I've been booking direct with hertz using the allied business network code and thought I was getting reasonable rates. I just signed up for a business account with one of my investment holding companies and saved $400 USD on a three week minivan rental in Maui. Makes the rate just a bit higher than Thrifty, but can use the gold pass lane which in my opinion is worth the premium with hertz.