Quantcast
50th anniversary Moon lander LEGO kit. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: 50th anniversary Moon lander LEGO kit.

Default 50th anniversary Moon lander LEGO kit.

https://www.engadget.com/2019/05/30/...h-anniversary/

$99 US. I know there are some Lego fans here. Whether or not I personally believe its legitimacy, its at least addable to a collection. But for sure not as epic as the Millennium Falcon.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Silverado

You don't believe in the moon landing?

I tend to not believe if just for the idea that they have not surpassed (or even come close to matching) it since. If it did happen, then it was a great achievement that only underlines the massive decay of todays youth, mostly in America. I prefer to believe that humanity tends to progress, not regress.

That, and that man barely made it to the South Pole in 1912, after a solid two decades of preparation.

It took a shorter period of time to go from 33.6 kilobit telephone communications to gigabit+ cellular.

As an example, this is what is considered a "successful" test in the USA in 2019.

Yup, a thousand fragments at bullet speeds just waiting to crash into expensive satellites in orbit. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kessler_syndrome

BTW: The last semi-reliable survey the USA asked on USA citizens was in 1999, about six percent of them believe it was faked, with another 5 percent not willing to commit to saying they believed. I can imagine its well over ten percent fake, ten percent not willing to say for sure now.

Canada does not do official surveys on such things, as we don't want to prod too deep. British citizenry however - tend to say fake. Russian citizens don't even believe that they sent two turtles around the moon (Zond-5) nevermind the USA sending a man.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 06-03-2019 at 06:00 PM.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

Just bought one. $139.99 cad. Should be fun. Of course the moon landings happened. If anyone honestly thinks the Russians or Chinese would have covered for the States is delusional.
    '08.5 Mazda 3
    '90 Laser RS-T
    '07 Yamaha R6

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by HHURICANE1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just bought one. $139.99 cad. Should be fun. Of course the moon landings happened. If anyone honestly thinks the Russians or Chinese would have covered for the States is delusional.
    Did you get the bonus patch? If so, I’ll buy it off you!

Don't know. I will have it in 2-3 days from Lego online. Didn't see anything about a patch.

Just Googled it. Looks like you have to be a VIP member to get it. Guess I'm out of luck.
    Last edited by HHURICANE1; 06-03-2019 at 07:57 PM.
    '08.5 Mazda 3
    '90 Laser RS-T
    '07 Yamaha R6

My Ride
    Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    tl;dr
    White people.. fake.. white people.. liars.. China great...
    Cool story

If anyone is willing to pay airfare and hot dogs, I'd be willing to go down to NASA and scream at the top of my lungs "LIARS" two hundred times at as close to the building as they allow. I reserve rights to footage though.

China lies, Russia lies, and yes the biggest lies come from the USA. Go big or go home.

The longer the USA perpetuates the lie, the less international business the USA will get as they will be seen as unrepentant. I can imagine that citizens inside the USA will stop buying USA as it nears 50/50 belief.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 06-03-2019 at 09:55 PM.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    I tend to not believe if just for the idea that they have not surpassed (or even come close to matching) it since. If it did happen, then it was a great achievement that only underlines the massive decay of todays youth, mostly in America. I prefer to believe that humanity tends to progress, not regress.

That, and that man barely made it to the South Pole in 1912, after a solid two decades of preparation.

It took a shorter period of time to go from 33.6 kilobit telephone communications to gigabit+ cellular.

As an example, this is what is considered a "successful" test in the USA in 2019.

Yup, a thousand fragments at bullet speeds just waiting to crash into expensive satellites in orbit. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kessler_syndrome

BTW: The last semi-reliable survey the USA asked on USA citizens was in 1999, about six percent of them believe it was faked, with another 5 percent not willing to commit to saying they believed. I can imagine its well over ten percent fake, ten percent not willing to say for sure now.

Canada does not do official surveys on such things, as we don't want to prod too deep. British citizenry however - tend to say fake. Russian citizens don't even believe that they sent two turtles around the moon (Zond-5) nevermind the USA sending a man.
    7% of Americans are unsure if the earth is a sphere or if it's flat, so six percent of them thinking the moon landings were faked is completely plausible.
    Will fuck off, again.

Yeah Cascade failure is a biotch. The absolute worst time for a rocket to fail is at the end of its burn. If the fragments from the explosion hit three satellites, and two of those satellites also explode, its pretty much chain reaction. The potential for a trillion dollar loss (thousands satellites destroyed) is not impossible.

To even suggest "successful" is a blatant disregard for everything that science stands for. Its like no one even cares that they lie anymore.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

Its worth noting that if there is a "dickwad" nation that decides put up half a pound of dynamite and maybe 12,000 iron ball bearings and have it detonate in a horizontal pattern, it could technically destroy mankinds aspirations for space travel, basically forever.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.