Quantcast
The Jeep Wrangler Thread - Page 8 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: The Jeep Wrangler Thread

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Highway manners are worse than nearly anything on the road, car/truck/suv. Lots of wind noise too.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

I’d personally look at a 4Runner or something, FCA service leaves lots to be desired, but PM’d as they are fun... if bronco breaks the bank though I’m not sure if the model you’re looking at will really give you an advantage off road vs the 4Runner. Only in gasoline fights

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Yea it’s properly terrible to drive on the highway. Long wheelbase us better but not by much.

A big part of it is the removable roof, it’s loud on the highway, hot in the summer, and cold in the winter. Plan on tossing a roof insulation kit in day one which helped a bunch for me. Not sure on the JL but my JK only had HVAC plumbed to the front, so good luck being comfortable in the back seats. Roof also leaks if you look at it wrong.

The back seats are also borderline torture due to the seating angle.

The thing can’t tow more than a RAV4, no matter what anyone tells you.

Gas mileage was worse than my AMG or my 6.2L half ton, and the tank is small.

Make sure you get a backup camera because the rear window is just there for looks with the wheel mounted.

They are probably also the worst put together FCA products on the road, and that’s really saying something.

Overall you should look at the above list and ask the question “why do these cost so much”. And there really isn’t a good answer.

They are fun and cool though lol.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

I always found they get mad rock chips from the upright windshield too. Still you aren’t blowing the wiper blade budget like a FJ cruiser tho.

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    Like what, for instance? I'm pretty low maintenance when it comes to vehicles. It's replacing a 2008 Impreza, so that should give you an idea of what I'm coming from haha
    Relatively rough ride (might be better with the Sahara/higher trims), high centre of gravity, no true AWD, 2 doors have pretty much no room.

That said, they are fun to offroad in.

I would suggest looking into the 4 door if you are serious just for practicality, and make sure you really pay attention to the suspension when you test drive it. Try a Sport vs Sahara and really try to notice a difference.

(if you can tell, I was not a fan of our old 2014 2 door Wrangler lol)

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Thanks for the input guys. I really appreciate it, especially since I feel like I'm under the gun to find a replacement vehicle now and it's not the best circumstances to make a decision, like shopping for groceries when you're hungry haha

My Ride
    V8s

Yea it’s properly terrible to drive on the highway. Long wheelbase us better but not by much.

A big part of it is the removable roof, it’s loud on the highway, hot in the summer, and cold in the winter. Plan on tossing a roof insulation kit in day one which helped a bunch for me. Not sure on the JL but my JK only had HVAC plumbed to the front, so good luck being comfortable in the back seats. Roof also leaks if you look at it wrong.

The back seats are also borderline torture due to the seating angle.

The thing can’t tow more than a RAV4, no matter what anyone tells you.

Gas mileage was worse than my AMG or my 6.2L half ton, and the tank is small.

Make sure you get a backup camera because the rear window is just there for looks with the wheel mounted.

They are probably also the worst put together FCA products on the road, and that’s really saying something.

Overall you should look at the above list and ask the question “why do these cost so much”. And there really isn’t a good answer.

They are fun and cool though lol.
    This is hilarious; I can't fathom spending any kind of money on something with that many faults.

Also, a first production run Bronco would probably still be more reliable than anything that Chrysler makes.

But yeah, having a tight timeline on a car purchase would be difficult. Every car I've ever bought was because it was the right deal, not because I needed a different car.

My Ride
    Silverado

Thanks for the input guys. I really appreciate it, especially since I feel like I'm under the gun to find a replacement vehicle now and it's not the best circumstances to make a decision, like shopping for groceries when you're hungry haha
    F150 xlt or silverado lt / sierra sle

you wont regret it.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    F150 xlt or silverado lt / sierra sle

you wont regret it.
    I would... sub compact to a half ton as a daily?! You’re mad

Taco/ranger/Colorado would make way more sense

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    This is hilarious; I can't fathom spending any kind of money on something with that many faults.

Also, a first production run Bronco would probably still be more reliable than anything that Chrysler makes.

But yeah, having a tight timeline on a car purchase would be difficult. Every car I've ever bought was because it was the right deal, not because I needed a different car.
    Driving a Jeep is like being in an abusive relationship
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

4 door JL with the Turbo seems decent if you can get it with the right incentive! Use the Bronco debut hype as a haggling tool as well.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Colorado is actually a pretty decent little rig. Haven't driven the "sorta-new" ranger, so can't comment, but it'll have fewer faults than a wrangler no question. So does a 15-year-old Kia.

If you are feeling under the gun, maybe just drop 10k on a used accord or something, drive it for a couple months, relax, and then figure it out. Hell, there's a couple Accord 6-6's around . . . .
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Haven't driven the "sorta-new" ranger, so can't comment.
    All you need to know

Name:  3278D30D-8A60-4FC5-9909-92BC20C31969.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  55.7 KB

But yeah, this segment is a perfect daily size now. I really haven’t had the need for anymore capabilities, and it’s just so easy to navigate around town and park in the most urban of environments... unlike say a raptor, which is alway great entertainment to watch

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Still like mine. Have been enjoying it lots this summer with family, doors and roof off since no commute to work anymore. Pretty good on gas, lot of torque. I got the Sahara with on demand 4x4, so I just leave it in 4 auto all winter long. I guess I got lucky. Mine is solid, no rattles, or any other issues over 14 months. 0 issues, haven't been to dealer, yet. My Tacoma had 2 TSBs while I had it and my Ridgeline I had to sell because it was so poorly put together the rattles drove me nuts. I think a lot of the examples above are taking about JKs. I've had rides in those and think they look like crap compared to JLs inside. Would have never considered one of them. Best thing to do is test drive a couple. There is a big difference between a Rubicon and a Sahara with Selec Trac and headliners for example. But there is no getting away from the fact, this is a solid axle brick shaped vehicle. You either like it or you hate it. If you drive on the highway a lot I would look elsewhere. But a weekend trip out here and there is not a big deal.

I lease mine and because these have insane residuals they are pretty affordable once you negotiate it out, again less than my Tacoma lease. I do like the look of Bronco and fact you can option any trim with interesting stuff, but looking at pricing it's even more expensive than the Wrangler and by a lot. It is also over a year away.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Yeah there seems to be a lot of JK comments here - the road manners of the JL are a huge improvement over the previous generation. It's still a Jeep, but they ride way better, especially the Sahara with the better shocks. If you want to daily a Wrangler, the Sahara with the Selec-Trac full-time 4WD transfer case is the way to go.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    Yeah there seems to be a lot of JK comments here - the road manners of the JL are a huge improvement over the previous generation. It's still a Jeep, but they ride way better, especially the Sahara with the better shocks. If you want to daily a Wrangler, the Sahara with the Selec-Trac full-time 4WD transfer case is the way to go.
    This is a good call, I have no experience with the newer generation. if it's a big improvement, I'll have to take your word on that.

My Ride
    This and that.

For what it's worth, even though I got rid of my Jeep, my dad still has his JL and loves it. I also rented one 4 door, JL, 4L Turbo and drove it 8.5 hours to La Ronge, Saskatchewan and back a week ago and it wasn't bad on the highway at all. It was a little annoying when it was a bit windy but other than that, not bad at all. My JK was terrible on highways, especially after I put 33's on it, but the JL is a massive improvement.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 07-14-2020 at 11:04 AM.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    All you need to know

Name:  3278D30D-8A60-4FC5-9909-92BC20C31969.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  55.7 KB

But yeah, this segment is a perfect daily size now. I really haven’t had the need for anymore capabilities, and it’s just so easy to navigate around town and park in the most urban of environments... unlike say a raptor, which is alway great entertainment to watch
    Christ, that wouldn't even haul home the last call corral for you and two friends at Cowboy's back in the day.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Christ, that wouldn't even haul home the last call corral for you and two friends at Cowboy's back in the day.
    Don’t worry, 750lbs tongue weight and 7500lbs tow capacity. Plenty for the livestock trailer you should have brought with you

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    There are F150 Platinum trim that are lower than that.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast