Quantcast
Calgary Goldhunt - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary Goldhunt

Default Calgary Goldhunt

A certificate for $100k has been hidden somewhere in Calgary and a company is selling maps/clues for $45.

Is anyone doing this? Was surprised there wasn’t a thread already. I don’t live in Calgary anymore but am intrigued by this and have ideas on most clues but also feel like I’m way off. There’s a Reddit thread on it as well and some people have wild ideas. I was around when behind used to hunt down stolen cars (I was part of the group that found the claw GTR) so surely we can solve this gold hunt.

https://goldhunt.com/

It consists of a poem that points to the treasure, then they give you clues to help solve the poem.

Poem:

Where the saints gather is where you should start, for I also reside here, we’re not far apart.

The bank here is liquid, a rare thing to find, no deposits are needed, withdrawals are fine.

A bold letter S, is protecting the world, neat a permanent rainbow, that cannot be furled.

The flowers have bloomed, the children are safe, anything in the world, can be sent from this place.

A letter is missing, it’s trapped in a ring, a business is built with needles and string.

The patriotic have risen, sometimes at attention, there’s no crowd in sight, no words left to mention.

Begin at the bottom, and start at the top, It seems to get harder, halfway you can stop.

The young raven’s close, the ravine is your way, uncover what’s undercover, or else here I’ll stay.

So near you are now, but one riddle to go, I won’t string you along, for I’m buried below.

Clues:

There's an alliance that's come here, much long ago, they came from abroad, they continue to grow.

The high card is discounted, for reasons undisclosed, should you figure out why, the case may be closed.

A birds eye view could give you an edge, a view from the ground may be your best hedge.

If you're coming up short, then pick up the slack, tho this isn't a race, so don't break you back.

Not famous for Hockey, not famous for coffee, but this man is so famous, that to see him costs a fee.

Bonus Clues:

Steer your course to the left, aim a little up top, The audience is seated, the show cannot stop.

A beautiful Italian city has been brought here to stay, And a pastry shop with a view is just moments away.
    Last edited by Type_S1; 06-05-2019 at 09:54 AM.

The one in Edmonton has been found apparently. Less than 24 hours.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/treasu...-000-1.4449189

A fun-loving Edmonton family has won $100,000 in gold and silver by finding one of three treasure troves hidden in Canadian cities.

Competition company Gold Hunt has buried the same sum in Calgary and Vancouver and teams have been competing to find the loot since Saturday, paying for a treasure map and clues.

The Edmonton hunt ended in less than 24 hours when the Duff family found the prize Saturday evening.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Girlfriend and I were talking about doing it. It’s a cool idea, I heard the Edmonton one was already found?

Edit - I’m slow

Spent last evening looking for it with friends, no luck. It's amazing how your mind can twist things so that it fits in with every clue.
    Last edited by holden; 06-05-2019 at 10:02 AM.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by lasimmon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The one in Edmonton has been found apparently. Less than 24 hours.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/treasu...-000-1.4449189
    Yeah and they started late too. They started and finished in within 6 hours.

My Ride
    This and that.

What a fucking neat business idea. Invest $100K and sell millions worth of tickets.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Can't buy a map right now, it says it's under consideration. Maybe someone found it?

Quote Originally Posted by eglove View Post
    Can't buy a map right now, it says it's under consideration. Maybe someone found it?
    https://twitter.com/GoldHuntCA/statu...98361831604224

Quote Originally Posted by roopi View Post
    Damn, too late I guess. Cool idea to for a business to make $$ and get people out exploring the city.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Wow, bella roma restaurant. Makes sense when you read all the clues now

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

This makes me miss those who were in charge in hiding the Esso Gas Cards Tomco donated to Beyond.

Some of those were epic. BCS' was my absolute favorite.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Im in Vancouver at the moment maybe I should be on the hunt. But looking at the reddit thread on that it seems that there must be a shit tonne of people looking for it.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This makes me miss those who were in charge in hiding the Esso Gas Cards Tomco donated to Beyond.

I still have the one card I found haha

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

All that I can think of is Nic Cage.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I was one of those that hid one of the cards, and it was a TON of work to get it to try and make it work seamless. I don't remember who won the one I hid, but it worked out pretty well in the end. I was busy monitoring my hunts progression that I never found out how the others did theirs.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Those hunts were so much fun, I had such a great time putting together the puzzles. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    What a fucking neat business idea. Invest $100K and sell millions worth of tickets.
    Isn't that generally how every lottery, 50/50, and raffle work? All slightly different, but the general idea is you get to keep a bunch of money for yourself, and all you have to do is give away some amount greater than what people have to put in individually haha.

Imagine being able to run a DT Calgary 50/50 draw every week with $2 tickets or something like that. You'd be printing money.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Isn't that generally how every lottery, 50/50, and raffle work? All slightly different, but the general idea is you get to keep a bunch of money for yourself, and all you have to do is give away some amount greater than what people have to put in individually haha.
    Yes, but an idea like this one doesn't require AGLC involvement like 50/50 and other high scale lotteries do. So this is like you and me getting together and putting $100K in one day and making millions out of the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Yes, but an idea like this one doesn't require AGLC involvement like 50/50 and other high scale lotteries do. So this is like you and me getting together and putting $100K in one day and making millions out of the idea.
    Fair point - it'll be interesting to see if others try and copy the idea. It's not exactly an original idea, so I wonder if it's been done before and for some reason isn't as easy as it sounds.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Fair point - it'll be interesting to see if others try and copy the idea. It's not exactly an original idea, so I wonder if it's been done before and for some reason isn't as easy as it sounds.
    I don't see why others with some capital and time on their hands SHOULDN'T copy this idea. I mean I am down if someone wants to go in on it and handle the idea/creativity side of things. I don't have the time to do that and the marketing involved. I'd split the finances with someone and do it. Something like this I feel gets publicity automatically - news and media etc. You'd still need to invest some in getting the word out. I don't know what the exact numbers were but someone was telling me that this Gold Rush thing generated $20+ million for the people that planned it. They sold each ticket/treasure hunt map for like $45 and then added some options for clues etc. I think people would jump on the idea of being able to win a large cash prize by investing a small amount while adding something different and fun on top - in this case the treasure hunt.

This comment from this articles captures the essence of what I am trying to say, I think majority of the people would think this way.

“Honest to goodness, this is just going to be fun,” said treasure seeker Cathy Taylor. “I've spent $45 on dumber stuff and you know what, why not have some fun? How often can you go on a treasure hunt in your city?”
    https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/treasure...nton-1.4447811

Only thing now though since this treasure hunt idea is done and dusted - someone would have to come up with something different but essentially the same idea.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 06-05-2019 at 02:38 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast