Quantcast
MTBing in Fish Creek - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MTBing in Fish Creek

Default MTBing in Fish Creek

I have to say I'm pretty surprised at the diversity of single track, the new pump track and technical sections at Fish... been here many years but always dismissed Fish

I even had a 2011 tallboy that I got rid of a few years back, and now I'm riding a 29er XC hardtail, and I'm wishing I had kept my old bike...

Anyways just wanted to say that its in great shape and was a ton of fun. I didn't dare do anything too audacious coming out of my knee surgery, but boy the climbs are even fun (that's where a lockout fork and hardtail is beautiful)

I found that the best entrance into FC is off the evergreen side (evergreen estates/bluffs/etc..)

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

I’ve been riding there for the last ten years or so and never gone out to the brad creek once, I’m going again tonight.
    I got a good loop at fish creek it takes 15 min or so and I do it three times, just out of evergreen estates.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Yah it’s nice to have something so close that can be fun. We too have a loop we do, good cardio that doesn’t suck. Haven’t had time to get out this year yet though =( we start at the bottom of elbow, ride east on the little trail to warm up and back then over to 37th and back.

Danno Bragg creek is way more work though, way more reward too haha worth checking out.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Ya so much work, it was a eye opener. I thought my hill in evergreen was hard to do 3 times. We did Merlin trail at brad creek.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

For a guy that doesn't mountainbike much, merlin is a gem

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

It’s a good start for me I think, 2 hours of riding is just about my max. My breathing on the climb was piss poor, had to stop a couple times. Low cardio / heart issues made it a little struggle.

I'll have to check it out again. I grew up right beside FCP and it used to be WAY better in terms of mountain bike trails, then with the floods and other work they did, they got rid of the best trails. If its better now I'll have to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by JfuckinC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yah it’s nice to have something so close that can be fun. We too have a loop we do, good cardio that doesn’t suck. Haven’t had time to get out this year yet though =( we start at the bottom of elbow, ride east on the little trail to warm up and back then over to 37th and back.

Danno Bragg creek is way more work though, way more reward too haha worth checking out.
    though I agree doing the telephone loop, Merlin, Bragging rights are nice long and beautiful XC rides, I wouldn't say they have any more features than some of the trails at Fish...

so if you're a kid on a dirt jumper or if you have a half decent Enduro (or a cheap used DHer) there are some really fun spots off the Evergreen Estates that are surprising challenging

actually in fact... as all I have is a XC hardtail... would a Dirt Jumper with a half decent (lockable) front fork be good both the pump track and some of the features?
    Last edited by r3ccOs; 06-06-2019 at 09:52 AM.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Quote Originally Posted by r3ccOs View Post
    though I agree doing the telephone loop, Merlin, Bragging rights are nice long and beautiful XC rides, I wouldn't say they have any more features than some of the trails at Fish...

so if you're a kid on a dirt jumper or if you have a half decent Enduro (or a cheap used DHer) there are some really fun spots off the Evergreen Estates that are surprising challenging

actually in fact... as all I have is a XC hardtail... would a Dirt Jumper with a half decent (lockable) front fork be good both the pump track and some of the features?
    No I agree, when you’re in the trees at fish creek it’s not like you’re in town at all love it. But Bragg is a fuckin grind lol fish creek is easy peasy in comparison. I prefer to only have to drive to fish creek haha

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Ahhh buddy canceled brad creek tonight, not going to do it solo till I have some more experience on it.
    So I’ll be riding fishcreek tonight

JfuckinC sets records on strava at fish creek.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Ive gone riding there a couple of years back. Its not far from me.

Its got some nice trails and I even saw some deer too.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Where is the pump track? I m moving back to woodlands soon and that sounds like a good time. Single speed DH bike though... so no climbs for me

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    Ya so much work, it was a eye opener. I thought my hill in evergreen was hard to do 3 times. We did Merlin trail at brad creek.
    I’ve been riding there for the last ten years or so and never gone out to the brad creek once, I’m going again tonight.
    I got a good loop at fish creek it takes 15 min or so and I do it three times, just out of evergreen estates.
    Ahhh buddy canceled brad creek tonight, not going to do it solo till I have some more experience on it.

It’s called Bragg Creek.
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Haha ya, I’m stupid, can’t blame that on auto correct. Thanks

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by 90_Shelby View Post
    It’s called Bragg Creek.
    While we're at it, 'canceled' should also have two L's and 'till' should only have one

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Easy now. Haha I was actually at Costco today and looking for school books for the kids and thought it would be fun to try some of the harder ones. Maybe I’d be better start with some of the easy ones. I honestly have no idea when to have 1 l or 2, Guess that will be my challenge tonight.

Rode fish creek for a tiny bit before the rain came.

Edit
    https://www.grammarly.com/blog/until-till-til/
    Last edited by danno; 06-06-2019 at 10:45 PM.

My Ride
    2007 4Runner

Quote Originally Posted by JfuckinC View Post
    No I agree, when you’re in the trees at fish creek it’s not like you’re in town at all love it. But Bragg is a fuckin grind lol fish creek is easy peasy in comparison. I prefer to only have to drive to fish creek haha
    I never thought of Bragg being a grind, but if you new to the world of mountain biking than it would be. Guess it will be a few days for things to dry out now

My Ride
    V167

Thread brings back alot of memories. Right in the feels. Growing up in Millrise/Evergreen Estates area we did alot of MTB'ing in Fish Creek. Shit was quite intense. We typically would start at a trail that began at end of Evergreen Street and go from there, making our way down the super steep incline. Definitely feels like you are out of the city when you are deep in the trees.

Quote Originally Posted by nismodrifter View Post
    Thread brings back alot of memories. Right in the feels. Growing up in Millrise/Evergreen Estates area we did alot of MTB'ing in Fish Creek. Shit was quite intense. We typically would start at a trail that began at end of Evergreen Street and go from there, making our way down the super steep incline. Definitely feels like you are out of the city when you are deep in the trees.
    I rode all over invermere/radium this weekend, lovely singletrack... mostly blues as I have a XC...

that said... I'm pretty sure some of the features at Fish are as hardcore as they come, just short. Great place to build skills.

Other than it being a 25k slog for say a loop say up by Swansea... Fish is really a fun piece of track

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast