Quantcast
Let's play a game - Most memorable (one destination and one activity) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Let's play a game - Most memorable (one destination and one activity)

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Default Let's play a game - Most memorable (one destination and one activity)

Would really be interesting to see where Beyonders have travelled over the years and what were some of the top experiences.

For this game, please post your most memorable destination and the activity that you did, maybe a meaningful experience that you wouldn't trade for anything.

Keep it simple and stick with one destination/activity even if you have a couple on your list. To tee things off:

Thailand (Chiang Mai) - Elephant Sanctuary. Have never been that close interacting with these gentle giants. Was just an overall great day learning about them, feeding and petting them.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Sky diving in Lake Wanaka, NZ with my wife.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Hiking to the top of Schiehallion with my dad and my aunt and uncle to scatter my grandpas ashes when I was younger.

Casper, Wyoming for the solar eclipse.
    '08.5 Mazda 3
    '90 Laser RS-T
    '07 Yamaha R6

My Ride
    2008 Z06

Baja, Mexico - Dirt biked the baja 1000 over 6 days. Was approx 1,800km. Was mentally and physically challenging and rewarding. Saw beautiful deserts and felt connected to the earth and myself.
    Last edited by Ekliptix; 06-14-2019 at 04:47 PM.

My Ride
    changes every year

Rode my R6 to Lardeau, BC in the kootenays. Ride there halfway was torrential downpour through the windy mountains.....downhill.

I've never been so sketched out in my life. The ride back was absolutely beautiful, but a 9 hour ride on an R6 will put you off of sport bikes forever at my age...sold the bike a week later.

My Ride
    Has wheels

NYC for trip - city as a whole and because of the group I travelled with.

Portland for experience, first live nba game.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Being misprescribed malaria medication and overdosing at a wilderness lodge in the Brazilian Amazon jungle on my honeymoon. Very memorable although not for all the right reasons. Piranha fishing at same location was pretty cool too.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

VRBO'd a mansion on the Amalfi coast in Italy. Swimming, hiking, wine/limoncello, taking in the local culture. Main mode of transport was scooters and it was awesome in amongst Italian drivers.

I'd love to go back.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Backpacking Thailand back in 2002. Reading the Beach by Alex Garland and getting to the islands. No smartphones, using maps, orientation, talking to locals and winging it.
    Then I got to Koh Pangyan island before it got over developed as it is now. The whole experience of getting there and the scenery... it totally blew me away.

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

I'm not even Christian but we just so happen to be in the right place at the right time, but one of my most memorable moments are.

Christmas Eve Mass at the Vatican City inside the St Peter's Basilica, somehow we ended up ~ 6 rows from the Pope. It was Pope Benedict XVI. Awesome experience.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Damn, some pretty sweet stories so far. This is the kind of stuff I love reading.

My Ride
    something green

Touring Mazda's engine plant and rotary engine manufacturing facility in Hiroshima back mid 2k. My wife and I got put into a tour with a pile of engineering grads from the US that worked for Ford, so I think that got us a lot deeper into the plant than the usual tour. Great opportunity and experience, the downside was absolutely no cameras were allowed to record the sights inside the plant.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Nepal Annapurna circuit hike - 14 Days Hike, the hardest thing I have ever done, and the most rewarding. P.S. I hate hiking...so was totally out of my comfort zone!

Honorable mention - Lençóis Maranhenses in Northern Brazil, a desert with crystal clear pools, running down a sand dune and jumping into super warm water is a memorable experience! Man I have so many more...

Last edited by eblend; 06-16-2019 at 03:30 PM.

Canoeing down the Yukon River from Whitehorse.

Or

Visiting Vimy Ridge
    Last edited by vengie; 06-16-2019 at 08:36 PM.

Isla Mujeres, it was a short trip but it was just the wife and I, exploring, snorkeling and just relaxing on the beach.

Name:  DE471012-E31C-4A8F-B1E0-B299C3BE2755.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  37.2 KB

I've either lived a boring life or just can't remember, the remembering thing is probably it. I've done/experienced things that were awesome to me but not baller on the level of things being posted in this thread.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    "Four f***ing wheels and a seat!"

Tough for me to choose just one! For instance, I tracked myself visiting 105 different places across 15 countries in 2018 alone. If I had to choose one, it was probably visiting the Argentine side of Iguazu falls in June 2014. It took about 24 hours by bus to reach the falls by bus from Buenos Aires because apparently heavy flooding washed out many roads, but upon arrival it was truly a site to behold - made Niagara Falls seem absolutely puny by comparison. The tour guide commented that it was the most water he had ever seen and he had seen the falls hundreds of times up to that point.

Hiking with my dad the long route, cinque Terre. Absolutely breath taking. I had never wanted to give up and simultaneously keep on going as much as that day. I was not prepared for it. So worth it.

(rented) Yacht in split was also pretty memorable. We were docked up beside rafael nadal and his team. Awesome guy.
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast