Quantcast
Let's play a game - Most memorable (one destination and one activity) - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Let's play a game - Most memorable (one destination and one activity)

My Ride
    TRD Pro

This one stands out from the random events..
    Travelled to China in 2002 with my cousin and had a number of memorable times:
    1. At the Beijing airport we (stupidly) got into a black market taxi.. took us on some back route that skipped all the toll roads and meanwhile my cousin and I were shitting our pants thinking we were going to have to jump out and run. He ended up taking us to a hotel (of his suggestion) which was just as shady..and it looked like he got paid off for taking us there. We waited until he left and checked out..and took off very quickly as we could see the front desk calling him to get their money back.
    Somewhat scary during a different trip to Hong Kong, this happened to my Mom and sister except the Police were waiting for the guy and he got arrested. Apparently he would take people to the middle of nowhere and rob them and leave them there.

2. Same trip, a pretty regular occurrence in every city we visited, (I believe it was 7 cities) we got followed by people of all ages whispering "Movie Star" and constantly had people trying to sneak beside us for a picture. Started off with some old people and we thought it was funny and played along, then just kept happening and eventually just played it up when even young people were stopping us and asking for pictures. Guess back then it wasnt that common for two blond haired white dudes to be travelling through China. Fun times.

My Ride
    Left at 5pm

Quote Originally Posted by R-Audi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This one stands out from the random events..
    Travelled to China in 2002

2. Same trip, a pretty regular occurrence in every city we visited, (I believe it was 7 cities) we got followed by people of all ages whispering "Movie Star" and constantly had people trying to sneak beside us for a picture. Started off with some old people and we thought it was funny and played along, then just kept happening and eventually just played it up when even young people were stopping us and asking for pictures. Guess back then it wasnt that common for two blond haired white dudes to be travelling through China. Fun times.
    I spent a month in China back in 2010, and had a pretty shaggy beard at the time. People regularly stopped us in the street and asked for pictures with us, and many wanted to touch my face-pubes (this was in Gunagdong, but a 'relatively' small town).
    Originally posted by scat19
    I have a BMW so im not stupid.

My Ride
    LNF

Mexico City, my wife and I did a cooking class thru AirBNB for taco el pastor.

It was an amazing experience; we went over to the chief's house and there was 2 couples, the chief and his wife. He took us to the market to buy everything and explained lots of history of the area. And then we went back and cooked in his commercial kitchen that he had built in his garage. We learnt about his cooking history and lots of history of Mexico City. Just a great afternoon/evening. My wife and I are planning to go and see him again next time we go to Mexico City.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

One of my NYC trips, met up with some local friends. Took us to some private strip club where it's a normal club marked for private event. Once you get in all the girls in the club look normal but they're all actually strippers. They would come up to you and make conversation, so it feels like a normal club. Well, normal in the sense that you're special enough for every random girl to constantly approach you. After a while of chit chat they take you out back to give a lap dance, and you just pay whatever. Not the best experience, but definitely the most memorable.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2