• No

30 17.34%
  • I have that 'friend'

11 6.36%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Costco - do you?

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

I am such a genius I went to the SE Costco on Parade Day and it’s practically dead. Also...they installed self serve payment for the food court. Costco freaking rocks. Name:  B9229B38-ABB5-42F6-A3A2-7C344707AF1C.jpg
Views: 752
Size:  83.1 KB
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

That's awesome, hopefully they do this for all the other locations.

First saw these tills in Seattle and they've also got a car wash similar to the one from Top Gear (soft foam). The double cheese burger (w/sauce similar In & Out) and Acai bowls should be brought to Canada, pretty fantastic after a rip through Costco.

My Ride
    Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by dino_martini View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am such a genius I went to the SE Costco on Parade Day and it’s practically dead. Also...they installed self serve payment for the food court. Costco freaking rocks. Name:  B9229B38-ABB5-42F6-A3A2-7C344707AF1C.jpg
Views: 752
Size:  83.1 KB
    Does that mean I can finally pay with a card?!

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    you've been able to pay with a card for years.

those kiosks rock

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    you've been able to pay with a card for years.

those kiosks rock
    TIL you don’t have to pay for food with cash at Costco
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    TIL you don’t have to pay for food with cash at Costco
    IIRC they made that change at the same time that they made the swap from AMEX to Mastercard.

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Yup it works like the kiosks at McDonalds. Put in your order, pay with debit or credit or Costco gift card and a receipt prints out with your order number that they call out when your order is ready.
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Saw those new kiosks when I was in Kallispel a few weeks ago, they were super cool and convenient, didn't know we are getting those here. The Acai cup is the size of a large drink...in the states at least...don't be fooled.

I have a membership, somehow we got it initially from my mom's work like 20 years ago or whatever, then I paid the bill for it sometime like 10 years ago, since then it's somehow linked to me, and my parents have the other card, so been sharing an account forever. I always go with the wife and my parents go together, split both ways a yearly basic membership is negligible. We only go like 4-6 times a year, mostly for stocking up on meat, ski passes and some other random things, nothing specific really. I don't understand why people line up for gas at costco....I would never, I have only been to the costco gas bar twice in 20 years...last time a few weeks ago in Kallispel. I always fill up at Mobil at Superstore, got their Credit card so I get 7c off, with that the price is same or cheaper than Costco...with no line-ups. The Superstore next to Costco usually also has a cheaper price to try to fight with Costco....so I fill up there sometimes + extra 7c off, why would i waste my time at the Costco one. I know the spread is smaller at Costco if you need premium or whatever, but for basic gas, it's so much more convenient for me at Superstore. People line up for 20 minutes running their cars...burning away any savings.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

I'm reading some Costcos have self checkout now, like in Victoria. Now I know why @hampstor and @abyss really moved haha

My Ride
    Audi

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    I'm reading some Costcos have self checkout now, like in Victoria. Now I know why @hampstor and @abyss really moved haha
    I didn't see the self checkout yesterday when I was there... But will check it and report when I go back next week to return a tv.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

These kiosks are at the Beacon Hill location now as well. Works good.

My Ride
    Model S

Costco is the best and the worst. Can't stand the crowds. Still go there all the time for one reason or another. I often have "I'm never shopping at Costco again" trips where I load up on several of everything to last forever. But I still go back.

Don't use the carwash if you care about your paint though. It's not the foam brushes that hurt your paint, it's the dirt and sand embedded in them from washing 600 other vehicles.

Also, I hate that they blade tenderize all of their prime steaks. Completely unnecessary.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Quote Originally Posted by googe View Post
    Costco is the best and the worst. Can't stand the crowds. Still go there all the time for one reason or another. I often have "I'm never shopping at Costco again" trips where I load up on several of everything to last forever. But I still go back.

Don't use the carwash if you care about your paint though. It's not the foam brushes that hurt your paint, it's the dirt and sand embedded in them from washing 600 other vehicles.

Also, I hate that they blade tenderize all of their prime steaks. Completely unnecessary.

Costco has car washes?? What? Never seen any Costco car washes?
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Was at the Okotoks Costco last weekend, it was dead. Waited maybe 3 minutes in line and someone pre-scanned all my stuff anyway so the checkout took maybe 20 seconds.

Deerfoot Meadows Costco on a Saturday is a nightmare but it's so easy to avoid those times. All the people parking their cart in the middle of the main isles while they wait for tiny scraps of microwaved food is enough to keep any sane person away haha.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

I'm at Costco for the same few items:
    - Avocado oil
    - Berries
    - Frozen salmon and white fish
    - Spinach
    - Pecans and walnuts
    - Toothpaste
    - Pharmacy

Other than that, I really can't think of anything I go there for otherwise. I dearly wish Costco would get a self-checkout for 5 items or less. I feel like such a tool holding 2 items in line while the guy in front of me has 8000L of milk and his wife is off looking at something else in the store lol

For anyone who truly enjoys Costco hot dogs...how can you love others when you don't love yourself.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    rally pig

The only thing we buy religiously at Costco are the toilet papers, other than that we buy our groceries anywhere else.

We enjoy going for the free samples though as we end up full most of the time, then I enjoy their chicken wings once in a while and their fries are not bad either.

Luckily for us we live pretty close from Crossiron mall and Costco so it's not too much of a burden going there.

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post

For anyone who truly enjoys Costco hot dogs...how can you love others when you don't love yourself.
    If you opt for the Polish sausage instead it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Other than that, I really can't think of anything I go there for otherwise. I dearly wish Costco would get a self-checkout for 5 items or less. I feel like such a tool holding 2 items in line while the guy in front of me has 8000L of milk and his wife is off looking at something else in the store lol
    The guy in front of you with a cart fill to the top is the tool for making you wait instead of letting you go ahead.

Costco purposely does not have express lanes & self checkout because they want customers to buy in BULK and minimize number of trips. The more frequently people visit the more parking, staffing, and services they need to provide when all they wanna do it run it like a warehouse not your neighborhood Safeway.

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
    Costco purposely does not have express lanes & self checkout because they want customers to buy in BULK and minimize number of trips. The more frequently people visit the more parking, staffing, and services they need to provide when all they wanna do it run it like a warehouse not your neighborhood Safeway.
    They used to have an express lane at Deerfoot Meadows, I don't know what happened to it. It was on the far left.

Costco wants people to shop less? That doesn't sound right, especially since most of the things people buy at Costco aren't planned Everyone I know with a family goes there for a few essentials and comes out with a $400+ bill every time haha. Parking and staffing are already maxed out at most locations, I don't think they really care. They don't make money on their gas either (according to a manager, anyway), so it seems that would serve just to get even more people into their stores.

Even when I lived on my own I would go there for TP, soap, Paper Towel, and a few other essentials and I would never spend less than $200 by the time I had browsed a bit haha. I find it hard to believe that Costco would prefer people to visit less often and therefore buy way less.

If parking is already maxed out do you think they'd want the same number of people making more frequent visits? Costco also makes their money on the membership not on margins. Whatever margin there is on the product simply pays for staff, store upkeep, and the supply chain.

PRICE: Because it was better - it's much better from a cost-expense point of view to have people come less often and buy more.

SMITH: They're literally sitting down and planning ways to have people not come to their store.

GOLDSTEIN: And there's, like, math behind it, right? Because every time you go to a store, that store has to pay for your parking place. It has to pay for the cashier to make change or to authorize your credit card. So if you're the store, right - if you're the store, you would rather have a customer who comes, say, once a month and spends $400 rather than the person who comes every week and spends a hundred dollars.
    https://www.npr.org/templates/transc...ryId=443519599

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast