• No

30 17.34%
  • I have that 'friend'

11 6.36%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Costco - do you?

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

I bought a $150 TV mount last December that I was never really happy with but was too lazy to dismount the TV and return.

Then I walked past last week and there was a way better one for $119

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

I used to have the Executive Membership for many years, but older I get, the less stuff I buy so didn't make enough back to justify the Executive. Now I"m just a regular Gold Membership. I like the Customer Service they provide, and I buy my contacts from there. Not to mention the best rates for filling propane in the city I think.
    Last edited by dj_rice; 06-15-2019 at 02:44 PM.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    something green

I got fired from Costco when I was 18, best thing that ever happened to me. I wasn't interested in shopping there at all until I had a family, now it's a main source for much of our household shopping.
    I use it for fuel now and thenbu why they didn't put diesel pumps in Okotoks is a major head scratcher.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    ute

Why did you get fired?

My Ride
    Silverado

We go every few months. Season items, recently got a new 20 lb propane tank + fill for $45. meat and produce are always good. Electronics are good deals. Going to buy totes there in the fall. Same price as crappy tire, but with better after support.

Contemplating buying whole grain leather couches off the site but Im not really sold on it yet

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Their tire service is pretty awesome too if you buy the tires from them. Patching, re-balancing, rotations all free for the life of the tire.
    Same as urbanX, kal tire and lots of shops.

My Ride
    Legacy Spec B

I've had the exec membership forever. I'm sometimes that "friend". I generally pick all my meats and household necessities there. Every year I make back the membership fee plus around $50

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I have the second card for my mothers exec membership and have used it for ~10 years lol.

I mostly go for meat and home supplies.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    something green

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    Their tire service is pretty awesome too if you buy the tires from them. Patching, re-balancing, rotations all free for the life of the tire.
    Except if you have a loaded dually, then it sucks ass, as they take forever to change out 6 tires when they blow their jack out lifting the rear axle and then go shopping for another one while you sit in the waiting area. They really aren't prepared for heavy vehicles, yet they sell tires for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Why did you get fired?
    Maybe we should start a"why we got fired" thread...
    Costco was an interesting place to work back then, It was 1990 when I worked there. I can't say for certain if it was the corporate strategy, but they paid way more
    than any other retail or non skilled job did back then, but it seemed like a trap. They started you at 10$/hour or more, even part timers, and often you were making more than your friends who had a few years of post secondary. Then one day you wake up and you're 30+ making enough to live a somewhat decent lifestyle, but entrenched with adult life enough that going back to school is now not an option. you're now a lifer, and to maintain what you have, you become the costco persona... That's what seemed to happen to people that stayed and lasted there that I knew.
    They never said during my "departing meeting" why I actually was being fired. I can speculate though given some events that took place. They let me go at the end of a long shift, just prior to my probation period being up, so they didn't have to give a reason.
    My next job was literally sweeping a mall parking lot with a broom and dustpan for minimum wage. I stuck it out, the mall management discovered I could repair things, and that walked me into an apprenticeship that is still my career, where I have never been out of work, laid off, or sent home, for over 25 years making 3 digits per hour for a good portion of it. Pretty happy to have been canned.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

I barely make two digits per hour.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I like Costco, go a few times a month, all impulse. It's fun.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

My family has had a membership since Costco was first built in Gasoline Alley in, IIRC, 1997 or 1998. My mom has the executive card now. Myself and my brothers just have the Gold.

Interesting times there. Many years ago, my youngest brother was being an idiot and opened the fire exit which made the horn and strobes go off. Not many people really cared to evacuate tho. My mom saw someone returning a turkey skeleton there a couple years ago. They ate the meat and returned the bones. And just the other day, my gf's boss was telling us how he saw someone returning dead plants.

Good return policy I guess.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    something green

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    My family has had a membership since Costco was first built in Gasoline Alley in, IIRC, 1997 or 1998. My mom has the executive card now. Myself and my brothers just have the Gold.

Interesting times there. Many years ago, my youngest brother was being an idiot and opened the fire exit which made the horn and strobes go off. Not many people really cared to evacuate tho. My mom saw someone returning a turkey skeleton there a couple years ago. They ate the meat and returned the bones. And just the other day, my gf's boss was telling us how he saw someone returning dead plants.

Good return policy I guess.
    Just about everyone that worked there would return their windshield wipers constantly and always have a fresh set.
    The emergency doors were a favorite target for thieves when they had the cigarettes in bulk out in the cage before the laws changed and you could go in to pick your own. It was almost a daily thing, someone would go in, grab an arm full of cartons of cigarettes then go barreling through the fire door, they rarely caught anyone.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    *The First*

Definitely go, but we try to keep it to the certain items that are legit, insane deals plus their sale items.
    Only clothing I'll buy there is those BC Clothing cargo pants. Zero other clothing, ever. No exceptions. We also avoid their home decor because it seems to me like everyone's houses in our demographic is literally 98% Costco items, so it's unoriginal. I've bought enough bad produce there that we quit that and their meat is a good deal for premium meat but rarely better than a strong sale at a grocery store. Tires, oil and car batteries are always cheap and their propane is HALF the price of anywhere else along with much cheaper premium fuel.
    We got the Costco MasterCard and made it the primary card for almost a year during some heavy spending and the rebate ballooned to about $600 which was super cool! Even better - when I went to spend it I only bought $40 of stuff and instead of issuing a reduced rebate coupon they literally wrote me a cheque so I could cash it and spend it on liquor & whores.

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

I have one. I got it because by switching my prescriptions from Safeway to Costco saves me enough on the dispensing fee to pay for my yearly membership. Costco has, excellent gas pricing, the best selection of meat, frozen items, and the all mighty $1.50 hot dog + pop that its definitely worth the trip.
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

My Ride
    Silverado

Fyi you don't need a membership to use the pharmacy

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Or buy at the liquor store. There's good deals in there.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Love Costco, it can be a huge savings as long as you're not just dumping shit in the cart without thinking about it. If you know your prices there can be some great deals. I don't know if we'll bother when the kids move out the house but right now it's the cheapest way to feed protein to two meat loving teenagers.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    but you need a membership to get in the door...
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast