Quantcast
Why Did I Get Fired - Inspired By Maxt - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why Did I Get Fired - Inspired By Maxt

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

I’ve never been fired however I was accused of “bringing down the team” so I gave my notice the next morning. Since leaving I have had the job offered back to me three times so they clearly realized I wasn’t “bringing down the team”.

Quote Originally Posted by infamous View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    actually when you think about it the plan is brilliant. easy to understand why it took them so long to figure out. we honestly didn't have the brightest managers lol. the receipts weren't a red flag, because a lot of people order a meal and that's it. the till would still balance (debit receipts plus cash still equaled what it should have), and the fact that they were pretty lax about changing out tills from morning until close allowed everything to work for as long as it did. i'm sure they spent a little while figuring out what i did, i had an inkling that they had found me out the week before, but they didn't have enough to do anything that week. the next week i came in and was taken straight into the managers office. let go on the spot.
    Usually the receipts would say customer copy or merchant copy on the bottom. Also, wouldn’t they notice duplicates of receipts? Unless of course you took care to randomize them out of order. Also, their overall day (all tills) should have been short as well, which should have triggered them to look at individual rolls closer

In any case, if all of those above controls couldn’t help them spot the issue then yeah definitely a case of stupid management lol

My Ride
    Ford F150

16, fired from Wendy's. Customer said I served them a raw hamburger. Sent it back. Wasn't raw, shift manager said it might have not been well done enough. Told me I had to sign a formal write up and have a meeting with the owner to discuss it (safety concerns over red meat). Sit down with the owner, he pulls out my employee file and finds 15 write ups. His jaw drops. He says this is impossible, we fire people after 3. I tell him I've never seen any of them. Sure enough, none are signed by me. He calls in the manager that wrote all of them (an 18 year old girl I didn't get along with), she says they're all legit, I just refused to sign them. I get fired on the spot.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    Ford F150

I was also fired from an O&G service company because someone started a rumour that I slept with the bosses wife.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    Trucks

Quote Originally Posted by CompletelyNumb View Post
    I was also fired from an O&G service company because someone started a rumour that I slept with the bosses wife.
    It was probably the bosses wife.

My Ride
    Silverado

Fired from a video store for giving away free movie rentals to a few people that worked at the Starbucks next door in exchange for free coffee.

Was a great system until they gave my manager a free coffee.

My Ride
    Axis powers

It would have been easy to replace debit receipts until McDonald’s started tracking cash vs debit purchases on the cash outs, the tills had to balance and debit receipts were as good as cash... until like I said they updated their system and the debit got integrated with the POS

Source I used to work there in high school
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    changes daily :D

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Usually the receipts would say customer copy or merchant copy on the bottom. Also, wouldn’t they notice duplicates of receipts? Unless of course you took care to randomize them out of order. Also, their overall day (all tills) should have been short as well, which should have triggered them to look at individual rolls closer

In any case, if all of those above controls couldn’t help them spot the issue then yeah definitely a case of stupid management lol
    the receipts did say customer/merchant copy, but it was in such fine print and our machines weren't the best, mixed with a bunch of young managers who didn't really care to look. duplicates of receipts didn't get noticed because a fair amount of people come through the drive through and get a big mac meal/quarter pounder with cheese/whatever and that was it. was quite common to see. I was honestly surprised it took them as long as it did to figure it out, but I was a dumb 15 year old lol. thank you @adam c for helping piece this together. if they did look at the debit receipts as cash and didn't have the software to see the cash/debit differences I can understand how it happened, this was in the year 2000......

oh, man. i got fired at 3 places when i was younger. lol!

at 16, i worked at international clothiers. it wasn't a bad first job at 16, getting paid $5.90/hr haha! boss asked me to work on canada day, but i wanted to enjoy the day with friends and family. i didn't come in for my shift, and they never called me since. i'm not sure if i was technically fired, but i stopped working there.

at 18, i worked at a printing press. it wasn't interesting work, but i needed to save money for a car. i guess i just sucked at doing monotonous, repetitive work, so one day, boss pulled me aside and asked if i liked working there. i figured i was getting fired, so i basically just said "nope! i quit!". the people i worked with were nice, and even the bosses were actually really nice. i was just an idiot who didn't take my job seriously haha!

at 19, i worked as a mailroom clerk. i got a job there because a friend of mine worked there, too. we had those punch clocks, and i always punched in 1-2 minutes before my shift started. i guess my boss figured it wasn't enough time for me to get ready for work, and fired me without warning. my friend made fun of me for being fired, until he also got fired a week later lol!

looking back, i guess i could've worked harder to not get fired haha!
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Are you looking for a happy ending?? If so, PM me...

My Ride
    Ford/Audi/Benz

Last edited by DustanS; 09-22-2022 at 11:17 AM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Dammm! You had all the Petland chicks on your roster.

I been fired or walked off every job I've ever had... the most memorable one being a Pizza Hut back home when I was 16. I was living in a group home and selling dope on the beach most days then at night I had this job making pizza, so I figured selling dope out the back door could not only supplement my income but generate business for my employer as well since people got the munchies. I saw it as a win-win, I even had a few managers buying off me but when the lineups became longer at the back door than at the front that's when they had to let me go.

My Ride
    '20 SS 1LE

lol. I too was fired from Pizza Hut, I was 14 and it was my first job. Fired on the final day before 3 month probationary period by the assistant manager, who said: "I watched you at the dishwashing station for what must have been 15 minutes, and you just stood there and ran hot water over your hand back and forth. What the hell were you doing??"

I was bored and the water pressure felt nice :/

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Quote Originally Posted by EM2FTL View Post
    lol. I too was fired from Pizza Hut, I was 14 and it was my first job. Fired on the final day before 3 month probationary period by the assistant manager, who said: "I watched you at the dishwashing station for what must have been 15 minutes, and you just stood there and ran hot water over your hand back and forth. What the hell were you doing??"

These stories are gold. Keep em coming!
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Quote Originally Posted by DustanS View Post
    I was dating the assistant manager at Petland, but I was her little secret because she worried about losing her job, and didn't want her professional colleagues to know she was dating a 17 year old (she was 21). She went to bars I couldn't get in (babyface) and liked to go silent on me occasionally. We agreed our relationship would be open so I started dating the kennel tech girl, who was her friend, and was prettier than her, when she found out, I was "dismissed" for smoking weed on the property (not true) and for discounting fish for friends. Haha
    You blew your chance for two chicks at once.

My Ride
    DA6, R59

When I was out of High School I got a job at the City of Calgary in Parks and Recreation. My 3rd year in I discovered that they had a 90% sick and absenteeism policy and I took full advantage of it. Thought I was a king making 16 bucks an hour for not going to work and after about 35 days I had a meeting with the Foreman, Union rep and a few other people. I wasn't really fired however I could no longer be employed there and oddly enough they told me I could re-apply the following season

I found out from a friend of mine that the next year they implemented a cap on S&A to 9 days or something silly the following year.

Since then, I have missed maybe a 10-15 days of work and that was 03'

^^ last line added to save face... no one believe you

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Never been fired despite trying my hardest at my last job

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

This is the WIN.. LOLing for real. I need this laugh today.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

Name:  qKCqZnu.gif
Views: 361
Size:  978.5 KB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast