Quantcast
"Slow Down" Standing Signs in Residential Neighbourhoods - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: "Slow Down" Standing Signs in Residential Neighbourhoods

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Try putting up Slow Down signs 8ft from your house. I heard that works.

I don't mind the signs if they put the sign out when the kids are actively out, but don't leave them out permanently.

Just take them?

Seriously, if they're on the roadway they're fair game then, no?

A better thing for them to do would be like my neighbour from about 12 years ago - we had a kid who would regularly speed down our street. We all knew where he lived and you could hear him coming. One day he turns on to our street and gets up to his speed and the neighbour calmly walks into the middle of the raid with a six foot piece of 2x4 with nails sticking out and stands there. The kid stopped, there was a short discussion and we never saw the kid drive down our street again. It was a most hilarious thing to see.
    Will fuck off, again.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Quote Originally Posted by 03ozwhip View Post
    To add to this, I live on a very short straight away to a stop sign. All the douches in the 2007 ram 3500s from the other side of the street come barreling down the road constantly.

Ok, so residential is 50(they are going much faster than that alot of times) but in an area with alot of kids, I feel like 30 is a reasonable speed limit.

No posted speed limit signs in my area, so it's not enforced, but really, aside from yelling and shaking my fist, what else can be done?
    make some crash test dummys and throw them at the cars from behind a parked truck, maybe that'll get the point across.... Or just teach your kids to not run on to the street.....
    User title molested by Rage2.

It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by phreezee View Post
    I don't mind the signs if they put the sign out when the kids are actively out, but don't leave them out permanently.
    But that would involve work. You can't have that when your time is monopolized by helicoptering.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

See if you can sneak in some 'Speed up' signs in the area, the 2 should cancel each other out and eventually give the helicopter parents an aneurysm when they discover the new signs.

Realistically I just shake my head when I see those and continue along as though the signs never existed.

But that would involve work. You can't have that when your time is monopolized by helicoptering.
    Helicoptering, I suspect there's more than a few active members on this forum that helicopter and don't even realize it or are unwilling to admit it.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Driving through a neighborhood in Parkdale and thought wtf to myself.

If I saw these signs on a road.. bump bump.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Personally, I'd add to the signs.

"Slow, Down Syndrome Mother here"

My Ride
    changes every year

LOL at the replies. My kid is 10, he doesnt run out into the street, nor does he play on the street. We have a basketball net on our driveway and the ball sometimes goes into the road.

He is smart enough to look before he goes to get it, but it doesnt mean its fucking cool for the doiche to go 80 in a 50m straight away from a culdesac.

Tell me, how many of you guys do that and think it's ok, regardless whether kids are out or not. I'm on Beyond, I love cars, clearly...I just dont care for people driving like fucking idiots in my area.

There is a clear straight road after you turn either which way from the stop sign, why the fuck do you feel the need to punch it to a stop sign?

LOL at the replies. My kid is 10, he doesnt run out into the street, nor does he play on the street. We have a basketball net on our driveway and the ball sometimes goes into the road.

He is smart enough to look before he goes to get it, but it doesnt mean its fucking cool for the doiche to go 80 in a 50m straight away from a culdesac.

Tell me, how many of you guys do that and think it's ok, regardless whether kids are out or not. I'm on Beyond, I love cars, clearly...I just dont care for people driving like fucking idiots in my area.

There is a clear straight road after you turn either which way from the stop sign, why the fuck do you feel the need to punch it to a stop sign?

I don't think a single person here is saying it's OK to speed in those areas. All the negative comments are surrounding people putting signs on the actual road, or expecting people to drive under the speed limit because they are bad parents (not referring to you).

I need to catch my Pokémon before the timer runs out.

Not a single person in the thread said it's okay to speed, but to think anyone should go under the speed limit is ridiculous.

My Ride
    SL550, P100DL, F-450, FIAT

In my community I refer to these moms as being part of the collective “Momafia” I shouldn’t put so much effort into calling them out on their bullshit in the local Facebook group ....but I do. I make sure all the single dudes, single chicks and DINK’s have a voice in our community.
    Professionally Retired

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

I'd like to see dashcam footage of some of the people who put up these signs in their daily travels, I bet they're no saints on the road either once they're out of their neighborhood.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

I think your misunderstanding this thread.

Its about people feeling the need to take the "law" into their own hands when what they are doing is NOT legal in the first place.

Speeding is NEVER ok especially in residential zones and excessive speeding of ANY means in a residential area is really not good.

I was once driving down a road doing 50km/h once and had a guy get out of his car and mouth the words "slow down" to me so I honked and he fingered me.

There are a couple of houses with those signs on our street. I do slow down for them when their kids are out playing. Don't know if those signs are legal or not.

It's one thing to play on your own driveway, but blocking off the street or using your neighbor's driveway (i.e. mine) which has a parked car on it as their extended playground / floor hockey court is just unrespectful. I have three kids, I teach them to not play on the street. There's a playground across the street for that. Also, don't expect the cars will see or slow down for you. Heck, once, I felt that I almost got run over by my own van (i.e. wife was driving) when I walked to the community mailbox.

My Ride
    changes every year

I realize no one is referring to me and that most people dont think it's ok to do this, but I put it down as a mutual respect between people in the neighborhood and an unwritten rule between most of the neighbors.

It's just a small area, there is just no point, other than to be a huge douche.

- - - Updated - - -

My Ride
    TDi

A mom in my neighbourhood was asking about how to get those portable speed signs. What a waste of money because people will go back to speeding after they realize they can't get a ticket from it.
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Are these speed signs sold at Costco? Haha

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

draw some big penis on the sign with a permanent marker

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast