Silverado

Not much of one.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not much of one.
    But still one?

Sorry, I'm not a truck person, I am helping my nephew shop for one, and find this gatekeeping funny.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Fucking millennials

My Ride
    SL550, P100DL, F-450, FIAT

Kids these days
    Professionally Retired

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    But still one?

Sorry, I'm not a truck person, I am helping my nephew shop for one, and find this gatekeeping funny.
    In my opinion, the taco is on the boarder. The towing capacities are much better but its still not great for doing truck things. The bed is small and the cargo capacity is still pretty pathetic.

Having a box, doesn't qualify any vehicle as a truck in my opinion. It has to do truck stuff. It needs to be able to pull a decent amount of weight, handle a decent amount of weight in the box, and accept cargo that would would expect a truck to take (like a sheet of plywood for example). All while standing up to the job on a routine basis. Heck, the taco's were getting recalled for frame issues because they couldn't stand up to being a "truck" and were rusting/falling apart.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

When was the last time the Tacoma had material changes? I don’t follow them much but nothing seems to have changed on them in over 10 years aside from pretty new grills.

Pretty hard to compete with the R&D rate race that seems to be going on in the half ton world.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by spike98 View Post
    In my opinion, the taco is on the boarder. The towing capacities are much better but its still not great for doing truck things. The bed is small and the cargo capacity is still pretty pathetic.

Having a box, doesn't qualify any vehicle as a truck in my opinion. It has to do truck stuff. It needs to be able to pull a decent amount of weight, handle a decent amount of weight in the box, and accept cargo that would would expect a truck to take (like a sheet of plywood for example). All while standing up to the job on a routine basis. Heck, the taco's were getting recalled for frame issues because they couldn't stand up to being a "truck" and were rusting/falling apart.
    Aren't you just describing the difference between light duty and heavy duty trucks? Realistically, the majority of the use cases fall under the light duty anyways.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    When was the last time the Tacoma had material changes? I don’t follow them much but nothing seems to have changed on them in over 10 years aside from pretty new grills.

Pretty hard to compete with the R&D rate race that seems to be going on in the half ton world.
    Ummmm, they had a full redesign in 2016.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    06 S2000

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Ummmm, they had a full redesign in 2016.
    Don't they still have the same drivetrain?
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

Aren't you just describing the difference between light duty and heavy duty trucks? Realistically, the majority of the use cases fall under the light duty anyways.
    No, light duty would be a 1/2 ton class truck. Heavy duty trucks come with larger engines or diesel options, have a significantly higher cargo capacity (2500+lbs) and have long box offerings. They also typically have boxed vs channeled frames, HD solid front axels (save, GM) and have integrated towing features standard and for lower trims. IMO the 1/2 ton truck is the new SUV. I see more ladies driving the half tons than i see guys.

Perhaps the majority of use cases for you (or your nephew rather) are light duty, but I have outgrown a half ton for almost 10 years. I tow a 16,000lb fifth wheel and consistently haul more than 1500lbs of cargo just in the bed, not including interior cargo/fuel.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    This

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    No it was all new as well I am quite sure.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

No, light duty would be a 1/2 ton class truck. Heavy duty trucks come with larger engines or diesel options, have a significantly higher cargo capacity (2500+lbs) and have long box offerings. They also typically have boxed vs channeled frames, HD solid front axels (save, GM) and have integrated towing features standard and for lower trims. IMO the 1/2 ton truck is the new SUV. I see more ladies driving the half tons than i see guys.

Perhaps the majority of use cases for you (or your nephew rather) are light duty, but I have outgrown a half ton for almost 10 years. I tow a 16,000lb fifth wheel and consistently haul more than 1500lbs of cargo just in the bed, not including interior cargo/fuel.
    So light duty would be a 1/2 ton class truck, but Honda Ridgeline isn't a truck in your eyes even though it meets all the definition of 1/2 ton truck? Or are all light duty trucks not trucks in your eyes because you've outgrown them?

My Ride

Truck people are the new version of 90's Mustang drivers.
    Originally posted by SJW
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    06 S2000

When light-duty trucks were first produced in the United States, they were rated by their payload capacity in tons (e.g., ​1⁄2-, ​3⁄4- and 1-ton). Over time, payload capacities for most domestic pickup trucks have increased while the ton titles have stayed the same. The now-imprecise ton rating is presently used to compare standard sizes, rather than actual capacities.

This has led to categorizing trucks similarly, even if their payload capacities are different. Therefore, the Chevrolet Colorado/GMC Canyon, Ford Ranger, Honda Ridgeline, Nissan Frontier, and Toyota Tacoma are called "quarter-ton" pickups. The Chevrolet Silverado/GMC Sierra 1500, Ford F-150, Nissan Titan, Ram 1500, and Toyota Tundra are called "half-ton" pickups (​1⁄2-ton). The Chevrolet Silverado/GMC Sierra 2500, Ford F-250, and Ram 2500 are called "three-quarter-ton" pickups. The Cheverolet Silverado/GMC Sierra 3500, Ford F-350, and Ram 3500 are known as "one ton" pickups.
    I always assumed the Ridgeline/Tacoma/Ranger were all 1/4 tons, and the F-150/Tundra are the 1/2 tons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truck_classification
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

So light duty would be a 1/2 ton class truck, but Honda Ridgeline isn't a truck in your eyes even though it meets all the definition of 1/2 ton truck? Or are all light duty trucks not trucks in your eyes because you've outgrown them?
    How does the Ridgeline meet the definitions of a light duty 1/2 ton truck? Its towing/cargo capacities are in crossover territory and a box size that outclassed by some wagon cargo volumes. My point is, i consider the Ridgeline to be a car with a box on it. It has nothing to do with my use cases.

Listen, if a ridgeline works for you, fill your boots. They sell and obviously have a place in peoples lives. But i don't consider them a true truck in the classic sense because they fall short at everything that a truck is in my mind.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

How does the Ridgeline meet the definitions of a light duty 1/2 ton truck? Its towing/cargo capacities are in crossover territory and a box size that outclassed by some wagon cargo volumes. My point is, i consider the Ridgeline to be a car with a box on it. It has nothing to do with my use cases.

Listen, if a ridgeline works for you, fill your boots. They sell and obviously have a place in peoples lives. But i don't consider them a true truck in the classic sense because they fall short at everything that a truck is in my mind.
    That's your definition of a 1/2 ton truck. The official definition is ability to carry 1000-3000lbs of cargo including passengers, which is met by the Honda Ridgeline. Just because it doesn't meet your personal criteria, doesn't make it less of a truck for those that do (as well as the official classification).

What's funny is I'm not even shopping for a ridgeline, nor do I know why I'm defending Honda, I just found it funny that truck people have a hilarious opinion on why some trucks aren't trucks.

Would that sheet of plywood have to lay flat in the box or propped up on the tailgate pretending it's a big ass spoiler?

I try not to call my old Suburban a truck but with a ton of cargo capacity, 4 tons of towing and the ability to carry 12+ foot long material inside means it does a lot more than a lot of 'trucks' I see on job sites.
    Last edited by speedog; 06-24-2019 at 12:36 PM.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

That's your definition of a 1/2 ton truck. The official definition is ability to carry 1000-3000lbs of cargo including passengers, which is met by the Honda Ridgeline. Just because it doesn't meet your personal criteria, doesn't make it less of a truck for those that do (as well as the official classification).

What's funny is I'm not even shopping for a ridgeline, nor do I know why I'm defending Honda, I just found it funny that truck people have a hilarious opinion on why some trucks aren't trucks.
    Can I hate the ridgeline for being ugly? At least the old one looked interesting

fact.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 05:10 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast