Quantcast
How much can you drink til you yack? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How much can you drink til you yack?

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

I don't think I've been sick from drinking since I was 23 and drank 20 twisted ice teas around a camp fire.

Not proud of it but I used to be able to drink a 26 in about 3 hours and wouldn't get sick.

Don't go over 4 drinks these days so wouldn't know what would do it anymore.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

I've never barfed the day after, never been able to get past 3/4 of a 26 either. Last time I got sick from overindulging was pro 10-15 years ago. Now I just get tired after 12 beers and call it quits and consider the next day a write off. For me sleep makes a huge difference in how hungover I get. I also wake up stupid early still drunk (after 4-5 hrs) but if I lay there for 45 mins or so watching TV then I'm back in a coma for another ~6 hours.

Fun fact, around age 4 my mom left her glass of pink fruity wine on the table while cooking dinner. I decided to be funny and drink it as a joke (also thinking it was juice), I slammed back the whole thing. 15 mins later my sister finds me stumbling around in the back yard falling over constantly and laughing so hard I could hardly breathe. She thought I might have heat stroke or something and brought me inside to show my mom. Then it hit my mom, she went and checked and saw the wine was as gone as I was. Apparently I slept for a good 18 hours, that was a wild ride. Didn't puke though, been a trooper ever since haha.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

@Toilet_X showed up at my place drunk one time because he was too shitfaced to call a cab home. Ended up sleeping it off in the basement until the next morning.

Funny thing is, I live in the NW suburbs so I have no idea where he even came from that night and lord knows he wouldn't have been able to tell me

Shoulda drawn dicks on his face while he slept.

^ oh YEAH!!!!!! You found me on the side of the road! I stepped in shin deep of mud and just about wiped out. Oh my god those were my glory days . I completely forgot about that. HAHA but ya know, thanks for doing that again, who knows where i would have ended up. And i would have 100 percent been your dick canvas.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Drank a lot.. never yacked.

Only time barfing from drinking was I got hungry so I drank some 7-up and ate white powdered donuts.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shoulda drawn dicks on his face while he slept.
    Name:  whiteguy.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  26.1 KB
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Maxt View Post
    Drinking mixed drinks and draught beer at bars doesn't count. There's a reason one could have 30 highballs and a jug of Drummond back in the electric ave days, and only blow .03 in a check stop.
    This is why I stick to tallboys at seedy bars, also because their taps and lines are probably gross, also because it's easier to mingle with a can in hand than a glass.

Ive tamed down because of the the diverticulitis. My days of crushing a 30 pack are done. Ugh and these east siders got me hooked on bud. I just wish i had i son who's little league coach i could fight.

Can't drink against the grain!

GF and I routinely drink 3ish bottles of wine over the course of an evening. Organic, lots of water and advil before bed. Usually don't feel great the next day but no yakking.

St. Patrick's day weekend, started at 9am in Lake Louise and kept her going all day snowboarding and all night in Banff right till 3 am, definitely lost track but lots of water, and some greasy pizza at the end of the night, no yakking. Mainly drank Coronas and tequila shots and whatever other shots were put in front of me.
    Last edited by heavyfuel; 06-24-2019 at 04:16 PM.

Probably a little more than a 26...but I really don't like/want to try these days.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

I’ve never understood the Advil the night before bed.

Does it actually help? What’s the half life of it? I swear that’s a recipe for disaster with the liver dealing with some much booze.

Next day, sure. We’re all babies hungover lol.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post

Does it actually help? What’s the half life of it? I swear that’s a recipe for disaster with the liver dealing with some much booze.

Friends a doctor and he told me whatever i do NOT to take Tylonel before bed, ever after drink, but to make sure if i take something it's advil, it wont kill your liver.

I think water helps more obviously but Advil won't be nearly as bad as Tylonel, don't take that after drinking
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post

Advil and liquor doesn't sound like a good idea but, it's really not that bad as long as you don't overdo it. I take 2 400mg ones and I use the generic Costco stuff never been an issue. It also helps to be on a full stomach, avoid sugary drinks and pop and if need be just keep snacking on delicious greasy deep fried garbage and above all staying hydrated throughout the night. 2 advils, a slice of pizza and sufficient water upon shutdown time will severely reduce the probability of yakking.

Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    Advil and liquor doesn't sound like a good idea but, it's really not that bad as long as you don't overdo it. I take 2 400mg ones and I use the generic Costco stuff never been an issue. It also helps to be on a full stomach, avoid sugary drinks and pop and if need be just keep snacking on delicious greasy deep fried garbage and above all staying hydrated throughout the night. 2 advils, a slice of pizza and sufficient water upon shutdown time will severely reduce the probability of yakking.
    Your posts are always so intense.

My Ride
    Eclipse

Reminds me of when i paid my cousin like $100 to drink 500ML of vodka at once... He really wanted a PSP - I made a thread on beyond about it back in the days if anyone would do it..

Also told someone at a hostel i'll give them 100EUR if they drink 1L or vodka in an hour and come party with us without puking, they failed too..

Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    Your posts are always so intense.

At a glance, consuming ibuprofen and alcohol may seem like a combination one must concern themselves with. In moderation however, the probability of detriment to your health is minimal. I consume 2 400 mg tablets of generic ibuprofen purchased from Costco and never have I suffered any ill effects due to this combination. Consuming a healthy portion of food and opting to pass on beverages containing a high concentration of sugars or related products is also of great advantage. Consuming tasty yet questionable high calorie snacks throughout the course of the evening accompanied by an ample amount of fresh water is also a recommended course of action. Upon ceasing to enjoy alcoholic beverages, 2 tablets of ibuprofen accompanied by a tasty high fat high calorie snack as well as more ample fresh water should decrease the probability of nausea and possible subsequent vomiting.

Better? Sorry about that, didn't mean to come off that way.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Advil is fine, it’s Tylenol that does a number on your liver.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Advil is fine, it’s Tylenol that does a number on your liver.
    There used to be a Tylenol brand product specifically for hangovers. I couldn't easily find it on Google but it was essentially Midol with a different label. LoL!

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

Anytime I take pain meds for headaches etc. I usually do 1 advil and 1 tylenol combined. That's a trade secret that most people think is a terrible idea, but it's actually totally fine. Although, I avoid the tylenol after drinking (but then you need to make sure to eat food before you take an advil.)

Surprisingly, I can somehow drink far more nowadays (age 26) than I could when I was 18. Between two people we could down a 28 case of beer in one night. I think water consumption plays a huge part (nowadays I drink water all day constantly and carry a water bottle around at work, when I was 18 I probably drank less than a glass a day lol.) Also, I think when I was 18 everyone would be out ordering rounds of shots.. so maybe shots are the problem causer.

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Quote Originally Posted by CompletelyNumb View Post
    Beer? Vodka? An overwhelming amount. Russian roots. Oil patch trained. My tolerance is so high it's not even bragging, it's expensive.

Weed on the other hand, I'll probably puke off a whole joint. No tolerance at all.
    I am the exact opposite. 1-2 drinks, I'm beet red. 3-6, I'm drunk. 7-9 is probably where I'm at when I puke. But I can take 100mg gummy and be okay for the day. Then smoke/vape more if it tapers off early.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast