Quantcast
does insurance co. compensate on the de-value of my car due to car accident - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: does insurance co. compensate on the de-value of my car due to car accident

Quote Originally Posted by SportEL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you not have Collision coverage? Pay the deductible, get the repairs done, and then your insurer can possibly reimburse you for it afterwards. Have you gotten an estimate yet? At least your insurer can approve for repairs, and then once liability is settled, you can book in right away. Insurers usually attempt to contact multiple times by phone and email, send out letters and registered letters, and then eventually hold their insured at fault for not contacting back.
    I never pay for collision. As I never ends up in at fault accident in the past 20+ yr.

but does the above process, really take 6 mth. I can send a statement of claim and they have to respond in 20 days.

Also, how can the Alberta system be so poorly structure? So if some punk hit your car twice in 5 years, you can de-value, you have to eat it? that can't be fair. I'm hoping for a table to look up and calculate the depreciation value from a single car accident

Quote Originally Posted by 4WARNED View Post
    In response to item #2 from the OP, i went through the exact same thing with our Jeep Wrangler. kid down the street drifting his civic in the winter came around the corner and promptly met the big steel aftermarket bumper on our Wrangler. I took lots of pics, all sorts of proof he was there, accident report/sticker from the cops. He started out saying he'd pay out of pocket, then took 6 weeks to finally admit we need to go thru insurance.
    I get estimates, book it in, and MY insurance company says the other insurance company can't get ahold of the kid (exactly like your situation). I sent the pics to my adjuster and the other insurance company told us to proceed with claim at their expense. Seemed like a lame step but it all got sorted out as per the system and it was obvious the kid (new driver) was trying to avoid having his insurance rates hiked. drive like an ass, pay up....

Edit - did i read that correctly? a 15 year old driver? who else was in the car as the responsible license holder because that driver is on a learner's permit.
    he has no permit. When I ask him, he said he doesn't have a licence. About 1 min. later, he said me why I need his lic., I said you crash my car. He pointed to his girlfriend and said "I'm not the driver, she is"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    So how bad is the damage and what kind of car is it?
    Civic SI, the front is damaged, don't know how much though

Quote Originally Posted by triplep View Post
    Looks like you can get it, but it seems that it is very rare indeed and you would need to sue. Couple articles out of BC for the same thing:

https://bc-injury-law.com/20700-acce...-damage-crash/ funny how a $80k Benz is considered low to mid level luxury....

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/veh...alue-1.4675414
    so, it's very good to have a case law to go with. But say the repair is $2K to $3K. And my car, before I bought it, the previous car owner has 1 accident (also at the front). so now w/ this $2K to $3K repair also at the front, how to gauge the accelerated depreciation?

lol if you car already had an accident in the same spot the second one isn't going to just the depreciation that much more than it already had. Given you have what I'm assuming is a much older Civic Si also (no collision), you won't be getting a single extra cent

How badly was your car wrap damaged? Make sure that is covered in your claim as well.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by happy hopping View Post
    I never pay for collision. As I never ends up in at fault accident in the past 20+ yr.
    Collision isn't for when you are at fault, it's for when someome else hits you. Your insurance would fix your car, and then go after his insurance company for the money. If you had it, your car would be fixed by now.

Also, a used Civic Si that was already in an accident? You are getting exactly zero dollars for depreciation, as there is none.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Sounds to me like sueing will cost more than the car is worth, let alone the “depreciation”.

Be happy it will eventually be fixed and if timing is an issue spring for collision.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Holy shit he's denying being the driver? What does the police report say? That's some sketchy shit.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

TL;DR:

- OP gets hit by 15 year old with seemingly no license, doesn't call LEO on the spot when he denies and says GF (also 15 years old or what?) was driving.
    - OP sounds like he has no comprehensive collision coverage
    - OP bought his car with 1 existing front-end claim, wants money because a 2nd front-end claim will further depreciate his car.

Sounds like it was handled poorly. Assuming that you didn't want to spend money on comprehensive, I doubt you would have a dashcam either although the two aren't necessarily correlated.

Those kids ran circles around you. You didn't get any other contact info? Addresses? What the fuck?

My Ride
    2002 330xi, 1992 Miata, 1996 Spec Miata, 2012 Ram

I want to know who it lists as the other driver on the police report, that OP would have signed

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    Those kids ran circles around you. You didn't get any other contact info? Addresses? What the fuck?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    I want to know who it lists as the other driver on the police report, that OP would have signed
    This is a shitshow. Next he's going to tell us there isn't a police report or something.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

I don't think there is either. It doesn't sound like he called the cops after otherwise there would be a police statement, either because he thought the damage wasn't over $2000 or was simply unaware of that fact.

Regardless, if the other driver started lying on the spot or being evasive with providing info, LEO is best next move.

I was too badly hurt that I can't even call my own insurance agent until 1 week later.

over 1 mth. after, I did call the police and go to the police station. They said they don't access who's at fault in any car accident. They said they leave it to the insurance co

what is LEO
    Last edited by happy hopping; 06-29-2019 at 06:41 AM.

I was too badly hurt that I can't even call my own insurance agent until 1 week later.

over 1 mth. after, I did call the police and go to the police station. They said they don't access who's at fault in any car accident. They said they leave it to the insurance co

what is LEO
    How fast was that 15 year old punk going in reverse to injure you so badly in that accident? And how did you become so badly hurt that you couldn't call you own insurance agent for a week or a month later for the police when right after the accident you were able to speak to the punk? Something is not adding up here.

Btw, LEO equates to Limited Entry Orifice.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Silverado

OP is just taking my advice

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    How fast was that 15 year old punk going in reverse to injure you so badly in that accident? And how did you become so badly hurt that you couldn't call you own insurance agent for a week or a month later for the police when right after the accident you were able to speak to the punk? Something is not adding up here.

Btw, LEO equates to Limited Entry Orifice.
    he goes in reverse fast, about 50 km /hr. or so. The impact is serious enough that my front bumper was punctured thru by his ?? at the rear of his truck. he goes in reverse from the other street (opposite street) all the way to the original position of his car on the other side of the lane. Centre st. is 2 way. The entire front bumper is coming off. There are some components that fell off at the bottom of my car.

he goes in reverse fast, about 50 km /hr. or so. The impact is serious enough that my front bumper was punctured thru by his ?? at the rear of his truck. he goes in reverse from the other street (opposite street) all the way to the original position of his car on the other side of the lane. Centre st. is 2 way. The entire front bumper is coming off. There are some components that fell off at the bottom of my car.
    LOL at 50 km/hr, what was Brian Spilner doing reverse donuts in an Eclipse into you?

Hardly takes anything to punch a hole in a bumper, if he hit you doing 50 your entire front end would be smashed and probably broken engine mounts/rad etc etc.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I don't know of the OP even wants advice any more, but if you have damage that serious, you WILL need a police report before it can get fixed. Have you gotten one of those yet? You can do it yourself if the other party won't assist.

My Ride
    2002 330xi, 1992 Miata, 1996 Spec Miata, 2012 Ram

A civic hit at 50kph will be a write-off almost guaranteed so the main thrust of this thread would not matter. If this was even remotely true I would be expecting all new airbags along with any body/frame/mechanical damage.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

OP is making no sense. Takata airbags fucked him up good in the 50kmh collision.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast