Quantcast
Varioius phone problems with Rogers, I need to know if it's my phone or their network - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Varioius phone problems with Rogers, I need to know if it's my phone or their network

Default Varioius phone problems with Rogers, I need to know if it's my phone or their network

since we have that BC fire affecting AB, the following problems has been happening:

1) call forward or cancel call forward: can't access the code now

or the code is not supported

or there is problem accessing the network

2) drop call

3) no bar, it takes a much longer time for the bar to come up than in the past, let's say it takes 1 min. for any bar to come up after my phone boot up, now it takes 5 min.

Now, my phone is rarely used, it's 5 yr. old, but I only use about 6 min. per month, it's a Nokia 920

could my phone be defective? Or is it Rogers?

I didn't bother call them, because in the past, whenever there is problem, I call them, they put up a show but does nothing. They said something about a network reset. Nothing was ever done or correct

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by happy hopping View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    since we have that BC fire affecting AB, the following problems has been happening:

1) call forward or cancel call forward: can't access the code now

or the code is not supported

or there is problem accessing the network

2) drop call

3) no bar, it takes a much longer time for the bar to come up than in the past, let's say it takes 1 min. for any bar to come up after my phone boot up, now it takes 5 min.

Now, my phone is rarely used, it's 5 yr. old, but I only use about 6 min. per month, it's a Nokia 920

could my phone be defective? Or is it Rogers?

I didn't bother call them, because in the past, whenever there is problem, I call them, they put up a show but does nothing. They said something about a network reset. Nothing was ever done or correct
    I'd try to factory reset it (after saving your stuff)... If problem persists, call and ask about issues, inform them you've done a factory reset, wait for them to escalate. If not an issue on their side, replace phone.
    Sig was pwned by Moderator!

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Try shutting off LTE, that cleared up a couple of problems I was having (super low signal strength, SMS suddenly stops working until I reboot). 4G with full bars is plenty for me, been working like a charm ever since. Also with Rogers.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

If you've already done what the above posters mentioned, swap out the SIM card. I've had similar issues before and a swap fixed them.

Might be time for a new phone anyway, that one is from 2012 haha, so it's 7 years old.

No problems for me on that network. Not much you can do other than factory reset and confirm that others are not having network issues.

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    If you've already done what the above posters mentioned, swap out the SIM card. I've had similar issues before and a swap fixed them.
    This 100%... I forgot to mention, but there's been times where my phone has done wonky things on the network and support told me to get a new SIM card. I thought it was BS, but went to the local big box retailer, swapped, called and updated SIM card number, and BAM issues fixed!
    Sig was pwned by Moderator!

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

^ I had a store tell me that a SIM card wouldn't fix my issues and it was caused by my BYOD (which worked perfectly on their network until 14 months of heavy use) - I politely told them to sell me a SIM and showed them on the spot how it fixed the issue.

I've seen this 2-3x on different networks and devices the past 15 years.

that's great information, thank you people, I didn't know about that. i call rogers for replacement sim card

so I replaced the SIM card. The same thing is still intermitently happening. Go back to Rogers store today, the employee said my antenna, which is 5 yr. old, is dying. I can do a phone reset, but he's leaning on the antenna.

you guys think I should bother reset the phone? And I have to re-download the maps, and while I was at the rogers store, I can't download, as there is a network error, presuming it's either due to the phone or the antenna.

Now I only use the phone 6 min/mth., and I already bought an armor casing for the nokia lumina 920, so I can buy a new lumina at ebay. A new Lumina 9300 at ebay is US$75

The only main concern w/ the 920 is that sometimes, it takes Off road map 20 min. for the phone to find its GPS, some other time, it's almost immediately. I am hoping the Lumia 830 or 930 GPS can be detected immediately. Anyone has any suggestion for phone replacement or phone antenna repair?

I can buy another Android

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Might be time for a new phone anyway, that one is from 2012 haha, so it's 7 years old.

No problems for me on that network. Not much you can do other than factory reset and confirm that others are not having network issues.
    Quoted just in case OP missed somehow missed this.
    Will fuck off, again.