Quantcast
Formula 1 Myworld Grosser Preis Von Osterreich 2019 - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 1 Myworld Grosser Preis Von Osterreich 2019

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

He's technically a worse driver?

The most entertaining 2019 race so far?
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By far

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eblend View Post
    By far
    I dunno, I liked Bahrain better. Thought Austria was on par with Canada.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

I can't believe there isn't more arguing over the Verstappen call. He basically bulldozed his way in when Leclerc had the line, and forced him off the track. Seems touchy to call that a "racing incident"

I am happy to see some legit challenge from RBR though. I was hoping the Honda engine would make them a top contender and make things more interesting.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    I can't believe there isn't more arguing over the Verstappen call. He basically bulldozed his way in when Leclerc had the line, and forced him off the track. Seems touchy to call that a "racing incident"

I am happy to see some legit challenge from RBR though. I was hoping the Honda engine would make them a top contender and make things more interesting.
    If it's not Hamilton/Mercedes gaining something, there's no outrage. People just want to see non Mercedes win. Canada outrage wasn't Ferrari losing, Ferrari lost here with same blatant rule breach. Canada outrage was because Mercedes won. Every race is boring if Mercedes wins. Social media F1 fans are fucking stupid.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    If it's not Hamilton/Mercedes gaining something, there's no outrage. People just want to see non Mercedes win. Canada outrage wasn't Ferrari losing, Ferrari lost here with same blatant rule breach. Canada outrage was because Mercedes won. Every race is boring if Mercedes wins. Social media F1 fans are fucking stupid.
    Name:  icon.png
Views: 288
Size:  51.8 KB
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

Max braked later and his steering wheel was fully cranked to the right, somewhat on the fringe but fine to me.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by 2Legit2Quit View Post
    Max braked later and his steering wheel was fully cranked to the right, somewhat on the fringe but fine to me.
    How does that matter? He made an impossible move stick by forcing opponent off the track. Intention (steering full lock) has nothing to do with it. This is coming from someone who loves watching Ferrari lose.

Either you always allow these moves and drivers are allowed to drive dirty, or you don’t let it happen. The inconsistency for the sake of the show destroys the spirit of competition. Competitors basically have no idea what they can and can’t do. Think hockey, a clear goalie interference call going under review, and allowing the goal to make the game more exciting.

Had a long discussion with a few others, and really there is no winning situation where it’s fair racing and not ruin excitement with penalties. You let them race, and you have the Schumacher chop making passing drivers impossible. You enforce rules to the letter of the law and you have the Canada situation. You do something in between, and you have inconsistency making drivers confused as to what they can and can’t do. What’s funny about all these driving and passing rules is that they’re all the result of drivers bitching when it was a free for all. The Schumacher chop (1 move under braking), rosberg forcing Alonso off (must leave space if front wing is ahead of rear wheel) are all results of pissed off at asshole driving. Ironic as drivers moan when the rules they set out are enforced against them. For fans, it’s even more confusing as only some rules makes it into the sporting regulations. The rest are unpublished FIA directives and clarifications hashed our in driver pre race meetings that sometimes gets leaked to the public and are carried over race to race.

Just put some fenders on them and let them beat/bang on each other.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    ute

How does that matter? He made an impossible move stick by forcing opponent off the track. Intention (steering full lock) has nothing to do with it. This is coming from someone who loves watching Ferrari lose.

Either you always allow these moves and drivers are allowed to drive dirty, or you don’t let it happen. The inconsistency for the sake of the show destroys the spirit of competition. Competitors basically have no idea what they can and can’t do. Think hockey, a clear goalie interference call going under review, and allowing the goal to make the game more exciting.

Had a long discussion with a few others, and really there is no winning situation where it’s fair racing and not ruin excitement with penalties. You let them race, and you have the Schumacher chop making passing drivers impossible. You enforce rules to the letter of the law and you have the Canada situation. You do something in between, and you have inconsistency making drivers confused as to what they can and can’t do. What’s funny about all these driving and passing rules is that they’re all the result of drivers bitching when it was a free for all. The Schumacher chop (1 move under braking), rosberg forcing Alonso off (must leave space if front wing is ahead of rear wheel) are all results of pissed off at asshole driving. Ironic as drivers moan when the rules they set out are enforced against them. For fans, it’s even more confusing as only some rules makes it into the sporting regulations. The rest are unpublished FIA directives and clarifications hashed our in driver pre race meetings that sometimes gets leaked to the public and are carried over race to race.
    I thought steering angle was taken into account. Wasn't that one of the reasons they busted on Vettel in Canada?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I thought steering angle was taken into account. Wasn't that one of the reasons they busted on Vettel in Canada?
    Nope. Stewards just said not enough space for both cars, stupid because there’s 5 car widths to the right lol.

Name:  D-U9rLcXkAAIenn.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  49.3 KB

It sets a dangerous precedence for dive bombs and forcing people off track. Of course the next time it happens it’ll be penalized haha.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

I believe it has something to do with not being able to assign a majority of the blame on one driver.

Well the two incidents were a little different. Shit situation for Vettel to go off the track like that, but the stewards actually enforced the rule correctly. In this case with Verstappen and Leclerc, Leclerc actually got fucked by the stewards.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Legit2Quit View Post
    If he was full lock, and still couldn't leave room for the guy that had the line to stay on the track, then it means he braked too late and made a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    I believe it has something to do with not being able to assign a majority of the blame on one driver.
    I don't know who else you would assign blame to but the guy that dive bombed down the inside, off the racing line, and pushed the lead driver off the track?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    I don't know who else you would assign blame to but the guy that dive bombed down the inside, off the racing line, and pushed the lead driver off the track?
    Precisely. If you look at the previous attempt, Max left just enough room so Leclerc was still on the track, it allowed Leclerc to fight back and properly defend his position. Max literally took that away from Leclerc to force the pass.

My opinion, the decision to let the results stand was to avoid the backlash stemming from the Canadian GP penalty. It was purely to appease fans and not for the sport. That said, I'm glad Ferrari found yet another way to fuck it up.

Leclerc should have defended the inside and made Max take the long way round. If you leave it open and some one walks through, you shouldn't bitch. Width of track is one thing, but in the heat of the battle, trajectory and speed must be taken into account.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by phreezee View Post
    Leclerc should have defended the inside and made Max take the long way round. If you leave it open and some one walks through, you shouldn't bitch. Width of track is one thing, but in the heat of the battle, trajectory and speed must be taken into account.
    So always pass/defend on inside, outside has no right to the track. Got it.

If Max was actually ahead of Leclerc, there's an argument that he had the right to the racing line. They were side by side FFS. Wasn't even a question of being ahead using the FIA directive definition. For the record what's deemed ahead:

"For the avoidance of doubt, if any part of the front wing of the car attempting to pass is alongside the rear wheel of the car in front this will be deemed to be a 'significant portion."

That directive was used in the Rosberg crowding on the straight situation, and used as a guideline since for any overtaking "right of way".

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by phreezee View Post
    yup. I didn't think it deserved a penalty.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Looking back. I think Max just did enough to try and make himself look innocent. I think it was questionable how he did not hit the apex. I don't think there was a need for this type of maneuver. I though was faster anyway. It was only a matter of time till he overtook.
    That move had the stench of Schumacher all over it.

I think the officials were screwed. It should have been a penalty for Max. But the backlash would be too great and bad for the sport.
    If they did nothing then its inconsistency. So the officials labeling as a racing incident is more to protect themselves from the backlash of either side.

My Ride
    ute

Hit an apex but not the most usual apex. Passing means that one or both of the cars is going to be off the racing line. All this bullshit drs passing has ruined everyone's impression of what a real pass looks like.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast