Quantcast
Protein Powder Alternatives - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Protein Powder Alternatives

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Default Protein Powder Alternatives

I know we got a few gym nuts on here and wondering what people have been using that they would recommend as an alternative.

Looking at vegan or gluten free options.

I'm usually one to just grab some Optimum powder.

My Ride
    370Z duhh

Pea protein is cheap as hell from Bulk Barn...I didn't use it long term so I don't know how effective it is.

If money wasn't a concern I'd eat those Clif Mint Chocolate Builders protien bars all day long, they are vegan as well.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by 370Z View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pea protein is cheap as hell from Bulk Barn...I didn't use it long term so I don't know how effective it is.

If money wasn't a concern I'd eat those Clif Mint Chocolate Builders protien bars all day long, they are vegan as well.
    Hmm will look into it.

Costco for the cliff bars but they don't have that flavour on the pack. Also they have substantial amounts of sugar and carbs. Depending what you're trying to accomplish.

There is Vega which is pea protein too.

My Ride
    370Z duhh

Quote Originally Posted by firebane View Post
    Hmm will look into it.
    Be forewarned, it doesn't taste very good lol but I'm sure you'll be able to find some smoothie recipes online to mask the taste.

My Ride
    06 S2000

I use Diesel Protein powder. Lactose/Gluten Free, and I think vegetarian.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    TypeR

Thats tough to go gluten free and pure vegan. If you can go gluten seitan is your best bet. 100g is 370 cal and 75g of prot.

Curious to hear what you have been eating if your hitting 160-240g of protein a day

Also a huge fan of Canadian protein as two of my client use them and its pretty good.
    IG:scboss

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by scboss View Post
    Thats tough to go gluten free and pure vegan. If you can go gluten seitan is your best bet. 100g is 370 cal and 75g of prot.

Curious to hear what you have been eating if your hitting 160-240g of protein a day

Also a huge fan of Canadian protein as two of my client use them and its pretty good.
    It doesn't need to be, I am just looking as me and milk sometimes doesn't get along.

I've heard good things about Canadian but their website doesn't show a retailer in Calgary unless you know different?

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Aren't clif bars just full of soy protein? Gross.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by scboss View Post

240g+ daily is easy but I can't imagine the sheer volume of food necessary to hit 240+g on a vegan diet lol super easy with seitan but that stuff is pure gluten and while it is a great source of protein it's also an incomplete protein. No lysine. Which is an essential amino acid.

Pea protein > seitan for sure.

I gave up on Canadian Protein cuz they won't leave it by my door if I'm not home and it's a big pain in the ass. Kaizen is equally clean and although lacking in flavor options it's much more convenient.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

I gave up on Canadian Protein cuz they won't leave it by my door if I'm not home and it's a big pain in the ass. Kaizen is equally clean and although lacking in flavor options it's much more convenient.
    I have a community box so I'll try and see if they would deliver. I'll look into Kaizen as well.

My Ride
    370Z duhh

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Aren't clif bars just full of soy protein? Gross.
    Never paid attention, just know that they're delicious and come in this tiny packable boxes that are good to take on hikes.

My Ride
    TypeR

240g+ daily is easy but I can't imagine the sheer volume of food necessary to hit 240+g on a vegan diet lol super easy with seitan but that stuff is pure gluten and while it is a great source of protein it's also an incomplete protein. No lysine. Which is an essential amino acid.

Pea protein > seitan for sure.

Yeah i meant seitan as an alternative to just using protein powders. Most place use it for making fake meats etc.

I personally use kaizen too but I dont think its vegan. I have 3 vegan client currently and if not careful you blow up fast in a bad way trying to hit protein number for size lol.
    IG:scboss

It doesn't need to be, I am just looking as me and milk sometimes doesn't get along.

I've heard good things about Canadian but their website doesn't show a retailer in Calgary unless you know different?
    I don't follow? If you are trying to avoid milk, why are you specifically looking for gluten free or vegan?

Does Whey protein give you issues? Or are you mixing your shakes with milk?

If Whey bothers your guts you can try Casein or egg protein.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    I don't follow? If you are trying to avoid milk, why are you specifically looking for gluten free or vegan?

Does Whey protein give you issues? Or are you mixing your shakes with milk?

If Whey bothers your guts you can try Casein or egg protein.
    Whey and Casein are two very different things but come from essentially the same thing.

I put vegan or gluten free cause I don't really know the types of alternatives that are out there hence this discussion which has brought up some good information aside from what I have found and read also. As pea protein seems to be a common trend I've looked towards that right now.

Whey doesn't bother me.. its the milk part.. and even then milk isn't THAT bad I just find that I need to find a type of milk like the Fairlife stuff that is very low in lactose or use another alternative.

I've started to make lifestyle changes in what I eat and drink and its been tough and I'm trying to cut back on milk as much as possible as I used to go through a gallon of milk in 2-3 days at one point.

Whey and Casein are two very different things but come from essentially the same thing.

I put vegan or gluten free cause I don't really know the types of alternatives that are out there hence this discussion which has brought up some good information aside from what I have found and read also. As pea protein seems to be a common trend I've looked towards that right now.

Whey doesn't bother me.. its the milk part.. and even then milk isn't THAT bad I just find that I need to find a type of milk like the Fairlife stuff that is very low in lactose or use another alternative.

I've started to make lifestyle changes in what I eat and drink and its been tough and I'm trying to cut back on milk as much as possible as I used to go through a gallon of milk in 2-3 days at one point.

It's super tough at first. Just stick with it, trial and error and sift through and weed out all the info until you find what works for you.

I recommend cutting out milk altogether. Whether or not dairy is an issue milk is the biggest lie out there when it comes to health benefits.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

It's super tough at first. Just stick with it, trial and error and sift through and weed out all the info until you find what works for you.

I recommend cutting out milk altogether. Whether or not dairy is an issue milk is the biggest lie out there when it comes to health benefits.
    Pretty much what I've been doing. By reducing bread in my diet and taking a enzyme supplement I've already felt a big difference in how I feel especially around the bloat part.

Yes whey and casein do come from sort of the same thing, however they don't always react the same in the body. That's why I asked for some clarifying information.

If you seem to be fine with Whey, have you considered just dropping milk from your shakes? Most proteins are pretty good nowadays, so milk really isn't required for flavor, water works just fine. There is also alternatives to garbage cow milk, like almond and cashew milk.

Great start by dropping or limiting milk. It's crap for you and has no actual health benefits.

My Ride
    370Z duhh

Damn, I guess I'm not the only crazy person here anymore.

Fuck the dairy industry and their lies. We are the only species on this planet that not only drinks the milk of another animal, but also continues to do it throughout adulthood.

Also, fuck the industry and what they do to animals every single day.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Damn, I guess I'm not the only crazy person here anymore.

Fuck the dairy industry and their lies. We are the only species on this planet that not only drinks the milk of another animal, but also continues to do it throughout adulthood.

Also, fuck the industry and what they do to animals every single day.
    I'm not going to get into conspiracy theories.. but the biggest reason I drank milk for is the calcium, but with so many other alternatives now there is no need.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast