Quantcast
What's your favourite tarp/picnic shelter? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: What's your favourite tarp/picnic shelter?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Default What's your favourite tarp/picnic shelter?

Oh hai guise! I've used a few different picnic shelter things in my life and all sucked somehow. Had a big heavy basspro pop-up shelter that snapped under pretty mild early season snowfall one camping trip. Like this:
    Name:  1485431_101818_is.jpeg
Views: 83
Size:  22.4 KB

Currently have this woods brand big tent, which is a piece of shit, leaks, is heavy and isn't large enough to comfortable sit around the picnic table.
    Name:  20190705_172102.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  163.8 KB

Thinking of something like the big Agnes deep Creek tarp, which should be okay, I hope.
    https://www.bigagnes.com/Deep-Creek-Tarp
    Don't need walls
    If it's a tarp or must be an "engineered system" because regular tarps are a real battle to set up and often rip or sag.

Oh wise beyond members, what do you use?
    Last edited by ExtraSlow; 07-05-2019 at 06:29 PM.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

We use this, because as you said everything sucks, especially if left up overnight with a sudden weather change.

Bought this because it can pop-up and be taken down in a heartbeat. So I set it up if we're getting attacked by bugs, or rain, and take it down for the night.

https://youtu.be/11jtuVTQ2J0

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

I have 3 and this one is my favourite / most durable. It’s similar to the first pic you posted but it’s the heavy duty version which is a stronger reinforced frame and heavier fabric. It’s uses a steel frame instead of aluminum. I use it for all our festivals we attend plus pop up shops to sell stuff at and it’s lasted quite a few years

https://impactcanopy.com/product/10x...rcial-grade/#/
    Last edited by pheoxs; 07-05-2019 at 07:25 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have 3 and this one is my favourite / most durable. It’s similar to the first pic you posted but it’s the heavy duty version which is a stronger reinforced frame and heavier fabric. It’s uses a steel frame instead of aluminum. I use it for all our festivals we attend plus pop up shops to sell stuff at and it’s lasted quite a few years

https://impactcanopy.com/product/10x...rcial-grade/#/
    This doesn't sound reassuring :
    Quote Originally Posted by impact canopies
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This canopy is NOT to be left unattended as it is considered a temporary shelter!If there is inclement weather, you should take your canopy down immediately. Any rain and winds over 10-15 MPH will damage your canopy. Water that collects on the canopy top will also destroy the structure of your canopy.

We advise you to never leave your canopy up overnightand unattended under inclement weather conditions. We will not be held responsible for ANY weather damages. It is to the customers best judgment in determining the best weather conditions for your canopy.

Pop ups like pheoxs uses are quite durable but will become sails in windy weather. There are obviously differences when it comes to quality and durability between the various manufacturers, have seen all kinds at my wife's farmers' market over the past 13 years. Some of the ones we have are over 10 years old, something very key is to have each corner secured from the top by a weight that's on the ground, this really helps when inclement weather pops up. Good quality, heavy gauge steel is important as is as few moving parts as possible.
    Will fuck off, again.