Quantcast
When's the last time you were at the Stampede? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: When's the last time you were at the Stampede?

Heard bulldoggers breakfast was the place to be.

Let R buck also is a great time.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Wow, sounds like I chose the correct year to skip stampede. If big guns sucked, then stampede sucked.

Progress club used to run a "doggie doo breakfast", not sure if they still do. That was a weird event the one time I went. Aggressive drinking, but hardly anyone had a good time. Seemed like a buncha angry drunks in the Westin for no reason.

My Ride
    Trucks

I haven’t been since the late 90s or so when I had free access to the Telus box seats.

My Ride
    This and that.

No public threesomes with some dumb ass slut getting famous for 10 minutes this time?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Haven't been for about a decade, and the last time I went, I told my wife "The next time will be with our 5 year old".

Next year she'll be five, and it's also the first year year in about a decade that we'll actually be in town for it. So it looks like my prediction will be true.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

We went to the Blink 182 concert in 2015 at the Cowboys Tent if that counts. Prior to that, I went with some friends in 2008 to the midway and such.

Seems like the Stampede is getting more and more bad publicity over the years for the rodeo aspect of it. Funny, because rodeos happen all over the place but you don't see people protesting to shutdown the Ponoka Stampede or the CFR or the Benalto Pro Rodeo.

There's just something about the Calgary Stampede that brings out the protesters.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Trucks

Protesters would quickly disappear at the Ponoka Stampede.

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We went to the Blink 182 concert in 2015 at the Cowboys Tent if that counts. Prior to that, I went with some friends in 2008 to the midway and such.

Seems like the Stampede is getting more and more bad publicity over the years for the rodeo aspect of it. Funny, because rodeos happen all over the place but you don't see people protesting to shutdown the Ponoka Stampede or the CFR or the Benalto Pro Rodeo.

There's just something about the Calgary Stampede that brings out the protesters
    Because it's easy and convenient.

Ponoka, Benalta, one has to actually drive to get to the places and then you'd be in an environment where the majority of the people there would not be sympathetic to your cause.

Easy and convenient will always win out, how often do you here of anti-oil protestors actually protesting at some remote or out of the way site. Too difficult plus the media may not be there or even bothered to spare the expense to get there - got to have an audience ya know.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

About 9 hours ago. I go to sample the food, check out the new GM trucks and look at the art I can’t afford each year.

I go once or twice a year. Some days I just walk through the grounds and grab a bite or two and walk out.

It will never be the same as that one time we all had fun, but while we are saying this other people are creating great memories (and ya'll are getting old!) I can't avoid it since I live in the downtown area, and love that the stampede spirit lives on. There's something for everyone at stampede, and with Calgary evolving so will its fabric.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by ee2k View Post
    There's something for everyone at stampede, and with Calgary evolving so will its fabric.
    Speak for yourself. There is nothing for me at the stampede

Quote Originally Posted by firebane View Post
    speak for yourself. There is nothing for me at the stampede
    ok

My Ride
    A Slow Car

Lat time i was at the Stampede was back in 2001 and never been there since. Do i miss it or feel like going? nope.
    “Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.”

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

When I lived in Calgary, I would do it every year, then I moved to YEG, and then prices would go up up up, probably havent been for 5 years and I dont even go to K-Days either.

Don't go on any rides, just go for the food and gambling games.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    changes every year

I went this year. My kid is 10 and finally getting into rides more. We have a pass at calaway, bit I want him to at least experience stampede a bit older.

I've gone twice in the last 10 years. Too much trouble at night.

My buddy lives on scotsman hill, so I took the family theee to watch the fireworks last year, bit didnt do the stampede. Driving home, on McLeod north right beside Erlton c-train, I had to get out of my car and break up a full blown road rage incident with buddy being beaten so badly by a guy and his sister.

Didnt even go to the stampede and still had trouble around me. I'm cursed for that shit at the stampede lol

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

I will be super happy if I never again go to the stampede, if there is anything I hate about this city, it's the stampede.

I am so happy my work is not downtown anymore, so I hardly know about it, aside from the company breakfast and people wearing jeans in the office.

I hate people and crowds, so naturally I hate the stampede. Last time I went was probably 10 years ago or so, and the only things I used to enjoy was like the BMX or whatever at Bell tent. Used to like it as a kid, back when I couldn't afford anything, but now, I just avoid it like a plaque. Get like a million event invites from all the vendors we deal with, never go to any of them, but some people are really into it. I don't drink and have 0 interest in fat chicks dressed in short skirts willing to blow anyone, so I'm good, it's a good week to play some golf or do some other events as it's more quiet.

My Ride
    13 AUDI A4, 14 TUNDRA SR5, 12 VW GOLF TDI

Skip the stampede for the past couple years but soon as my wife found out that Paw Patrol is coming,,,we were at the stampede BMO park lol

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

2015. I only went because my friend helped put together the Canadian citizenship ceremonies at the grandstand.

Before that was 2005 just so I could try out my new camera.

I have been in Calgary since 2004 and have never been. It just is not anything I have even the remotest desire to immerse myself into. I understand the attraction to many but I would end up pissed off at the stupidity of some idiot or another and it would ruin my day. I have done crowds and loser level drunks more than enough times in my life to know it is nothing I need to experience in person anymore.

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Been here since 2009, went to the Cowboys tent to see Alice in Chains in 2013, other than that never bothered.

I can drink beer elsewhere that isn't $8 a can
    I can eat shitty fried food any day of the year
    And I don't feel like putting my life in the hands of the crackheads that run/maintain the midway rides

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast