Quantcast
American Oil and Gas well production data - what software? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: American Oil and Gas well production data - what software?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Default American Oil and Gas well production data - what software?

Might be working on a project that requires me to compare production and production trends from oil and gas wells in Colorado, Wyoming, Texas and Oklahoma. I know how to access this data for Canadian wells (geoscout, accumap etc) but have never worked with public data for American wells.
    Filtering ability is most crucial, because I'll be making targetted well lists in very busy areas, so going from 1000+ wells down to 10 or so is the main aim. Filtering by things like formation, frac info, on production date etc.

What do people use?

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

I don't think such a thing exists for the US, they don't have the same public data system/requirements that we do.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Any american based ones are ridiculously expensive from what i've seen. Accumap is garbage. Geoscout has good well data for the Bakken... call em and ask about those other areas

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Talk to Geologic, I think GeoScout has some US data available but it's not as extensive as their Canadian data. American data is basically pay-to-play unlike the Canadian public reporting system.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

IHS can do it for you just through accumap

You can also use RSData which is ridiculously expensive and the UI is probably not as advanced as you might like.

Overall definitely IHS can do it for you, I have used it for some fishing expeditions comparing ourselves to marquee US plays.

I think Geologic is limited to northernmost states ( and I am a massive GeoScout user and much prefer it, I just don’t think they are what you are looking for ).
    Last edited by killramos; 07-16-2019 at 08:34 PM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Might be working on a project that requires me to compare production and production trends from oil and gas wells in Colorado, Wyoming, Texas and Oklahoma. I know how to access this data for Canadian wells (geoscout, accumap etc) but have never worked with public data for American wells.
    Filtering ability is most crucial, because I'll be making targetted well lists in very busy areas, so going from 1000+ wells down to 10 or so is the main aim. Filtering by things like formation, frac info, on production date etc.

What do people use?

Getting data in the US is frustrating when you are used to Canada as reporting requirements are not as strict.

IHS is going to be your best/most cost effective bet. DrillingInfo is a great tool as well, however, I’m not sure how costly that would be for a stand alone licence.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

So I've been digging a little, and yes, it's a mess. Apparently, Texas only reports production data on the lease level, not well by well. Drillinginfo has an algorithm to allocate back to the wells, but it's not perfect. DrillingInfo can get production data for any state, so that's great, but it does sound like a single-user license would be incredibly expensive. Like $10-15k/yr. Seems excessive for something that I'll need only a few weeks a year.

I'll see what's up with accumap. I haven't used that regularly in a long time.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

And in the mean time, anyone who wants to help me out by finding production history for a list of 8 BC wells, I'd really appreciate it.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

10-15k a year actually sounds really cheap compared to some of the quotes I have heard for single state data from IHS.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

IHS Enerdeq should be exactly what you need. No idea about pricing though. From what I've been told, it's the American equivalent to our Accumap.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    And in the mean time, anyone who wants to help me out by finding production history for a list of 8 BC wells, I'd really appreciate it.
    I'm not sure the level of data they provide, but this is a free website I have heard about.

https://www.petroninja.com

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by lasimmon View Post
    I'm not sure the level of data they provide, but this is a free website I have heard about.

https://www.petroninja.com
    It's not pretty, but it looks like I can get get what I need for the BC wells right there. Thanks.