Quantcast
Thoughts on Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Thoughts on Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Always liked these and the last time I came close ended up going the X5M route. Maybe will check out the SRT or TH one day. That being said even though I like overall look of the new gen better, the old gen central dual exhaust was just much better for me.
    Ewwww, I can't stand that centered dual exhaust look. To each their own I guess eh!
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    something green

The fuel mileage actually isn't that bad, it just seems like it is because the fuel tank is pretty small for a v8 powered vehicle.
    Too loud for Aspen

Why the heck did this get moved to the trucks and off-roading forum when it fits none of those parameters?

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Bandit View Post
    Ewwww, I can't stand that centered dual exhaust look. To each their own I guess eh!

True that. Beauty in the eyes of the beholder and all that...

@Misterman I see it in the general car/bike talk.

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    True that. Beauty in the eyes of the beholder and all that...

@Misterman I see it in the general car/bike talk.
    Yeah somebody just moved it back.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Yeah I can see why it got moved to 4x4 (as it is 4WD after all) but I think it makes more sense here so I moved it back. Hopefully the other mod will forgive me.

My Ride

I went and drove one on Saturday and for an $85K vehicle the interior left me wanting.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    Yeah I can see why it got moved to 4x4 (as it is 4WD after all) but I think it makes more sense here so I moved it back. Hopefully the other mod will forgive me.
    This is clearly the 2wd not-a-truck thread
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

I went and drove one on Saturday and for an $85K vehicle the interior left me wanting.
    What did it leave you wanting? Interior is as nice as my $85k Merc. Actually, I should say they WERE as nice. I know they changed the seat styling in like 2016 or 2017 and uglied it up a bit.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    What did it leave you wanting? Interior is as nice as my $85k Merc. Actually, I should say they WERE as nice. I know they changed the seat styling in like 2016 or 2017 and uglied it up a bit.
    The seats were the best part, in fact I wish a guy could order those seats in a Ram 1500! The trim bits felt cheap & plastic-y. The mono-chromatic approach felt like they were trying to hide something. I can't really put my finger on it but it just wasn't right. Part of the problem may be that just before I drove the GC I spent some time in a Ram 1500 Laramie and man oh man, did they hit it out of the park with that one!

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I would say on all domestics the trim is cheap and plasticy. They just all go to different degrees to try and hide it. Caddilac, Lincoln, Tesla (Lol) it’s just shades of grey for quality.

Even the Germans are going more than direction. My C63 is nice, but it’s pretty well still plastic everywhere. Just really nice plastic.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

The seats were the best part, in fact I wish a guy could order those seats in a Ram 1500! The trim bits felt cheap & plastic-y. The mono-chromatic approach felt like they were trying to hide something. I can't really put my finger on it but it just wasn't right. Part of the problem may be that just before I drove the GC I spent some time in a Ram 1500 Laramie and man oh man, did they hit it out of the park with that one!
    Dodge has been killing it with truck interiors since 2010. And that all carried to the SRT's as well. That's why I was curious what specifically you didn't like. I know the seats are still comfy as hell, I personally didn't care for the styling change though. The Sepia seats in 2014 were amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I would say on all domestics the trim is cheap and plasticy. They just all go to different degrees to try and hide it. Caddilac, Lincoln, Tesla (Lol) it’s just shades of grey for quality.
    Careful, you aren't allowed to say anything less than complimentary about domestics on this forum Get ready for the pitchforks.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Careful, you aren't allowed to say anything less than complimentary about domestics on this forum Get ready for the pitchforks.
    Nah, I'm not too worried about the pitchforks...lol. There are aspects of the JGC that are top shelf, but as a whole the package is only 85% what I need to write the cheque. There really isn't anything else on the market that can touch it when it comes to bang for the buck but I'm just getting picky in my old age.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Didn't this gen come out in 2011? It's not surprising then that the interior probably needs an update.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
    Didn't this gen come out in 2011? It's not surprising then that the interior probably needs an update.
    I think there was a significant re-do in either 2014 or 2015 but either way, the JGC is due for an overhaul. I've done some reading and the next version (2021 MY) is going to be based on an Alfa Romeo and TBH that doesn't thrill me. The reviews on the Stelvio are not exactly glowing.

The comments about "ermagerd! Plastic!" every time someone talks about domestic vehicles, is a bit ridiculous. It's one of those things that people seem to say just because they've heard it from other people. Like what vehicles don't have plastic interior? Ones that cost over $250,000 maybe? There's a difference between plastic, and looking cheap. Look at a Ford interior, just an absolutely cheap looking pile of crap. Then look at a Mercedes interior, looks nice. Same amount of plastic.

My Ride

The comments about "ermagerd! Plastic!" every time someone talks about domestic vehicles, is a bit ridiculous. It's one of those things that people seem to say just because they've heard it from other people. Like what vehicles don't have plastic interior? Ones that cost over $250,000 maybe? There's a difference between plastic, and looking cheap. Look at a Ford interior, just an absolutely cheap looking pile of crap. Then look at a Mercedes interior, looks nice. Same amount of plastic.
    Not necessarily, earlier in the thread I commented on how impressed I was with the Ram Laramie I drove. Lower cost vehicle, way nicer interior. Lots of soft touch materials in all the right places, nice fit & finish, etc..

Not necessarily, earlier in the thread I commented on how impressed I was with the Ram Laramie I drove. Lower cost vehicle, way nicer interior. Lots of soft touch materials in all the right places, nice fit & finish, etc..

Sorry, didn't mean to target anyone. It's just one of those generic comments I hear on the regular about cars having lots of plastic. This thread reminded me of that.

There's lots of different grades of plastic. You can have soft touch, lightly padded higher-end feeling plastic with matte finish and no gaps or seams, 1-piece dash, etc. or you can have the rock hard ultra cheap-o stuff with huge gaps everywhere that is top to bottom in most economy cars with and even on some surprisingly expensive cars. Below the knees, most cars still use that crap for durability reasons, but there is no need for it to be everywhere.

The other thing that screams cheap is the piano black plastic garbage almost every manufacturer feels the need to line the gear selector / center console area with. At least on the higher end cars you can usually get wood or aluminum in it's place.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3