Quantcast
Why the fuck is nobody talking about the Evija - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why the fuck is nobody talking about the Evija

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Too bad those dick swingers make a ton of cash when it comes to reselling the hypercars.

Id buy them if I could over some of my other investments, but most of these hypercars are limited production and you simply cannot buy one unless your in deep with the manufacturer.

They're smart buys if your passionate about automotive and you have the means to acquire them.
    Not all of the hyper cars are a winning proposition... Out side of the Ferraris, most are a break-even-at-best. Even the tip-top of Ferrari buyers (i.e. LaFerrari Aperta) don't come out as flush as it would seem, once losses on Lussos, Portofinos, cost to run something like Corsa Clienti, etc are factored in...

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by you&me View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FWIW, not just a rendering; Henry Catchpole did a walk around, etc...
    That model is like 1% closer to a production car than a rendering is haha. My comment still applies.

My Ride

Sure... But it's not "just a rendering", so...

Either way, we can agree that actual production is a long shot at best...

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Ferrari’s are the worst examples.. It’s not hard to determine the ones that are winners.

Friend in Toronto is selling his senna for close to $600k more than he paid for it. Made a ton of money on his P1 too.

Name:  42590E9A-90C1-4245-8942-96D2D45D44AE.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  73.0 KB

My Ride

Yeah, it seems like nearly half the Sennas delivered to Canada are either actively for sale or "could be bought"...

The P1 (and 918) were kind of special, in that no one really knew where the market was going to go. In the case of the 918, a lot of the same prospective first owners were the guys that bought Carrera GTs when they were new and lost their shirts, so Porsche had to create the "918 VIP" program to incentivize a lot of original buyers. The market went nuts and a lot of the VIPs made a lot of money, but it was far from a sure thing.

There was even less certainty around the P1... 12C and 650S values had proven to be soft, but a lot of buyers were hoping the P1 would be the next F1. After some initial strength, the P1s have settled back to a level where the current market is not meaningfully higher than MSRP (~20%) for low mile 2014s.

By the time the Senna came around, Mclaren was more established and able to dictate that the cars went to "friends of McLaren", the guys that bought the 675LTs, 720s, 570s, etc... Paying their dues, like Ferrari typically does. Generally speaking, the premium on the Sennas isn't enough to make up for the losses on the regular cars, at least in the US market... But then, the market price for a Senna down there isn't anywhere near $600 over, so...

This is really all immaterial, as the hyper car market is almost exclusively propelled by guys that are simply "car guys" and the profits (or losses) might be icing on the cake, but don't motivate them either way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2