Quantcast
New Dash Cam recommendations? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Dash Cam recommendations?

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sooooooo....
    I managed to wire the rear cam to the front through the headliner... as i was detaching the fishhook with my knife(electric tape). It slipped & cut through the dam wire..
    FML. I ballsedup..

Any idea how to connect this? The rear camera on the other side has something that connects two different types of wires.
    I looked at buying just the rear cam again as its so cheap. But none have the same connector..

Any ideas?

Attachment 86940
    just strip the wires and twist them together and put on some tape, probably only 2 wires anyway (maybe 4 if it has IR/leds)
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

My Ride
    2017 Civic Hatch ST

I got this one for $30 after a promo code:

https://www.amazon.ca/Campark-Dashbo...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

I'll try remember let you know how it is. I have another camera from this company though and it is excellent. Reviews in the USA for similar products from the same manufacturer have 4,000+ positive reviews. Some of the Amazon.ca reviews are bought so I ignored them (free SD card or similar if you post a video).

My Ride
    FB6

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    Sooooooo....
    I managed to wire the rear cam to the front through the headliner... as i was detaching the fishhook with my knife(electric tape). It slipped & cut through the dam wire..
    FML. I ballsedup..

Any idea how to connect this? The rear camera on the other side has something that connects two different types of wires.
    I looked at buying just the rear cam again as its so cheap. But none have the same connector..

Any ideas?

Attachment 86940
    You can probably just solder and tape it up or shrink wrap that back together. Those connectors are only 2 wires. It looks like you left yourself enough cable to do a splice.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Quote Originally Posted by realazy View Post
    You can probably just solder and tape it up or shrink wrap that back together. Those connectors are only 2 wires. It looks like you left yourself enough cable to do a splice.
    i thought that at first too, but there are 4 pins on that connector, and the camera has LED's so its likely got 2 power wires for the LEDs too, so its likely 4 wires,
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

My Ride
    Zonda CRV

I got some help from a neighbour. He soldered it together and shrink wrapped it. Its was pretty tight, and we thought it was not going to work.
    Im kinda surprised it did.

I managed to feed the read camera line through headliner on the side, across the front A pillar at the front. The rear camera feed shows in reverse. There is no ability in the options menu to correct this. Its no biggi. Im just happy it works.

I got a hard wire connector. The connector to the fuse box and hard wire mount is separate and can be attached. But the fuse connection is waay to big for my fusebox. I'l need a smaller connector. Not sure I can get one, any suggestions. I'l post pictures later.

Compared to my old dashcam, this camera is huge and very visible, I dont like it. Its not black either (metallic blue), so does not hide well in the interior shade of the car.. Suction mount and design is waaay better than my old one.
    Overall for less than $40 and a rear camera. I have no complaints. I will see how the image is after I drive around for a bit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2