Quantcast
Official C8 Corvette Thread - Page 12 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Official C8 Corvette Thread

News out that GM has pretty much, if not already, sold out the 2020 C8 production run. No mention of numbers though although it's probably safe to say a couple thousand for sure, maybe even 10 or 20 thousand.
    Will fuck off, again.

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    News out that GM has pretty much, if not already, sold out the 2020 C8 production run. No mention of numbers though although it's probably safe to say a couple thousand for sure, maybe even 10 or 20 thousand.
    Every manufacturer plays these games, and it's not limited to vehicles. It makes for great PR when they can release a news article saying that demand was higher than expected, etc. etc. Most smartphone companies do it, for example, whenever there are 'shortages'.

Even Ukyo above said it shouldn't be a problem getting into the second shipment if you order now which appears to be only a month after the first.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 07-29-2019 at 09:27 AM.

Some leaked information and rumors on the Z06 and ZR1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiIQb3jlbmA

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Some leaked information and rumors on the Z06 and ZR1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiIQb3jlbmA
    Not the best video.

From what we’ve seen from GM themselves - 4.2L is Cadillac only.

That said, there is the 5.5L FPC twin turbo engine that was leaked via CAD drawings.

That would be amazing, and if they left an NA version of it for the grandsport at 550hp. SOLD.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Every manufacturer plays these games, and it's not limited to vehicles. It makes for great PR when they can release a news article saying that demand was higher than expected, etc. etc. Most smartphone companies do it, for example, whenever there are 'shortages'.

Even Ukyo above said it shouldn't be a problem getting into the second shipment if you order now which appears to be only a month after the first.
    They did say 2nd shift is likely added so it wouldn't be hard to meet demand if they booked out for the 1st model year.

I believe they move <20k/year so I guess with 2nd shift, they can move 40k for 2020. The best production year for C7 was 35K in 2014 and this new one is way more headline grabbing than when C7 debuted. Also, they have RHD ready from the start, so they can serve those jurisdictions immediately as well.

40k is definitely possible for 2020.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 07-29-2019 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    They did say 2nd shift is likely added so it wouldn't be hard to meet demand if they do booked out for the 1st model year.
    Yup. Demand doesn't seem to be an issue outside a couple sensationalized news articles. The C7 has/had essentially the same value proposition and there are literal thousands sitting on lots and probably nobody wants anymore without very deep discounts. I don't think production capacity is an issue for a company like GM. That's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    Not the best video.

From what we’ve seen from GM themselves - 4.2L is Cadillac only.

That said, there is the 5.5L FPC twin turbo engine that was leaked via CAD drawings.

That would be amazing, and if they left an NA version of it for the grandsport at 550hp. SOLD.
    Anybody's best guess at this point. All these rumor mills are just reporting what the people that have previously been right in the past have said.

With the rumor of 730hp, it seems like a 5.5L would be an easier platform to make that power on.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    They did say 2nd shift is likely added so it wouldn't be hard to meet demand if they do booked out for the 1st model year.
    That was last week, at this point I think it might be too late for anybody that hasn't placed an order yet.
    Doesn't hurt to leave a deposit and try your luck but I am sure that 2020's are either sold out or close to sold out.

All that people are focusing on is that they added a shift to the factory, but no one is taking into consideration that it's a global launch and will be sold all over the world.
    That automatically doubles or triples the demand before you even take into consideration the increase in popularity due to the sheer performance and value of the C8.

Also, don't be surprised if the price increases by $3,000-$5,000 for the 2021 model year.

When the Nissan GTR Launched in Canada it started at $82K which was an amazing value at the time, just like the C8.
    Fast forward to today and it starts at $130,000 for the "base model"
    The people that have originally bought the "cheap" GTR in 2009 and 2010 have got amazing value out of the car since it's still worth $60K+ after all this time if it has lower mileage due to the price increases on the new car side of things.

I think this is bound to happen with any performance bargain car.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by Ukyo8 View Post
    That was last week, at this point I think it might be too late for anybody that hasn't placed an order yet.
    Doesn't hurt to leave a deposit and try your luck but I am sure that 2020's are either sold out or close to sold out.

All that people are focusing on is that they added a shift to the factory, but no one is taking into consideration that it's a global launch and will be sold all over the world.
    That automatically doubles or triples the demand before you even take into consideration the increase in popularity due to the sheer performance and value of the C8.

Also, don't be surprised if the price increases by $3,000-$5,000 for the 2021 model year.

When the Nissan GTR Launched in Canada it started at $82K which was an amazing value at the time, just like the C8.
    Fast forward to today and it starts at $130,000 for the "base model"
    The people that have originally bought the "cheap" GTR in 2009 and 2010 have got amazing value out of the car since it's still worth $60K+ after all this time if it has lower mileage due to the price increases on the new car side of things.

I think this is bound to happen with any performance bargain car.
    Agree. I expect a 3-5k increase next year. That will Protect first year buyers somewhat.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    ute

I doubt they raise prices (beyond perhaps a nominal inflation adjustment or something).

The economics won't work in their favor that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I doubt they raise prices (beyond perhaps a nominal inflation adjustment or something).

The economics won't work in their favor that way.
    Wanna bet $20? I'm not a beyond baller

My Ride
    *The First*

Yup. Demand doesn't seem to be an issue outside a couple sensationalized news articles. The C7 has/had essentially the same value proposition and there are literal thousands sitting on lots and probably nobody wants anymore without very deep discounts. I don't think production capacity is an issue for a company like GM. That's a good thing.
    I really doubt they're going to need to slash prices on C7's. The C8 buyers weren't all looking at getting a C7 and most C8 buyers aren't going to get one, so they're C8 "wanters".
    Chevy knows how many cars will sell in their production year and I don't think the intro of the C8 will reduce their existing C7 sales enough for them to need to give them away.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

I still can’t get my hands on a C6GS Manual 1LT for $60k plus tax so what gives.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I really doubt they're going to need to slash prices on C7's. The C8 buyers weren't all looking at getting a C7 and most C8 buyers aren't going to get one, so they're C8 "wanters".
    Chevy knows how many cars will sell in their production year and I don't think the intro of the C8 will reduce their existing C7 sales enough for them to need to give them away.
    The cheapest 2014 C7's in Canada right now are still around the $50K mark, amazing how much they hold their value considering the cheapest new C7 you can get right now is around $58K

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    There are apparently over 6,000 of them sitting on lots in the USA right now and soon the 2019's will soon be last year's model - you don't think there will be any incentives on those at all? I'd be surprised if there weren't - that's a lot of inventory to sit on. I just quickly did a google search on the Corvette forums, but it seems Chevy already started incentives in April/May. Another guy in the same thread said he picked up a low mileage last-year model Z06 for $32K USD off sticker. Is it just Canada where they hold their value well?

I also don't think the base model is going to go up $50-60K like the GT-R. Every new Corvette iteration is a huge improvement over the outgoing version, and this is no different.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 07-29-2019 at 04:33 PM.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Ukyo8 View Post
    Wanna bet $20? I'm not a beyond baller
    No, because we don't actually know (and won't be told) what the actual transaction price is. The MSRP is not relevant in the car world, especially the domestics world.

Already have clients leaving deposits for the high performance/Z06 C8's

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I mean if you want to blindly put deposits down, putting one down on the fast version only makes sense.

I’m surprised so many people want the base car actually.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I mean if you want to blindly put deposits down, putting one down on the fast version only makes sense.

I’m surprised so many people want the base car actually.
    Happens every iteration - new base model gains performance similar to the outgoing performance model and people get excited.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

This is just my own insecurity, but if I owned a base Vette it would burn my ass every time I saw a Z06 on the road lol.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast