Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Official C8 Corvette Thread

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Flat plane V8 twin turbo for the Z06.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/c8-c...twin-turbo-v-8
    Does that make this a black wing relative? When Does yours arrive?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Probably 3 years to go before I get back into a 2 seater. Even then, who knows what’s out there by then.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Flat plane V8 twin turbo for the Z06.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/c8-c...twin-turbo-v-8
    This ain't your father's Corvette.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Wish list would be an NA version of the engine.

I feel it’ll be too much power. 800 is ridiculous.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Wow, that will be the first good sounding Corvette, for my tastes at least. Sounds great.

That thing sounds like a choir of angels

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    Wish list would be an NA version of the engine.

I feel it’ll be too much power. 800 is ridiculous.
    The ZR1 is going to be pretty nuts too. 1000hp AWD hybrid is what's rumoured. That would literally check every box for me. Maybe except for price haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride

The ZR1 is going to be pretty nuts too. 1000hp AWD hybrid is what's rumoured. That would literally check every box for me. Maybe except for price haha.
    Yeah that’s hypercar territory.

New rumour today:

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/08/27/...power-zr1-z06/

NA to beat Ferrari. Christ, that’s my next car if real. I expect 120-130CDN, but it’ll be amazing.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    ute

This is getting insane.

GM has always had the best chassis tuning engineers of the Big3, and they probably had the ability to go after this market in earnest if they wanted to. But now they seem to really want to for some reason. Why are they finally turning loose their engineers to go after Ferrari with a real competitor? It used to be that they had "supercar-level performance" in a bargain package. Now they;ve got supercar level performance in an actual supercar...and STILL in a bargain package. You could always justify the massive premium to exotic brands because they brought something to the table the Vette never could. I'm not sure that's the case any more. This is really going to hurt the entry-level supercar/exotic range (Huracan, R8, 488, 570s).

I still don't know why Ford decided to put all of their resources into a cranked-up rental car (Mustang GT350) and an unobtainable supercar, with a V6 (Ford GT).

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This is getting insane.

GM has always had the best chassis tuning engineers of the Big3, and they probably had the ability to go after this market in earnest if they wanted to. But now they seem to really want to for some reason. Why are they finally turning loose their engineers to go after Ferrari with a real competitor? It used to be that they had "supercar-level performance" in a bargain package. Now they;ve got supercar level performance in an actual supercar...and STILL in a bargain package. You could always justify the massive premium to exotic brands because they brought something to the table the Vette never could. I'm not sure that's the case any more. This is really going to hurt the entry-level supercar/exotic range (Huracan, R8, 488, 570s).

I still don't know why Ford decided to put all of their resources into a cranked-up rental car (Mustang GT350) and an unobtainable supercar, with a V6 (Ford GT).
    The GT350 is special. It’s not a cranked up rental. Im bias yes, but it’s true.

-H.P. Lovecraft

It's still a cranked up rental, it's just cranked higher than usual haha.

My Ride
    Touareg, Cayenne, 944s

This is really going to hurt the entry-level supercar/exotic range (Huracan, R8, 488, 570s).
    Agreed. I'm really wondering how it's going to affect the used market for some of these cars. A used R8 is what? $70K to $100K? So a used R8 or a new C8 Vette with a warranty?

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
    Agreed. I'm really wondering how it's going to affect the used market for some of these cars. A used R8 is what? $70K to $100K? So a used R8 or a new C8 Vette with a warranty?
    Forget used. It's going to hurt NEW sales on those cars too. And the 911. I'm a 911 fan but they cost too much for what you get. The c8 version that comes at the gt3 price point is going to make the comparison hilarious.

My Ride
    ute

I don't think GT350 owners should be offended by the comparison. It just is what it is. They should actually be thankful for the rental market - it's the only reason the Mustang exists. They get to drive a great car because people from Ohio "upgrade for only $23 a day" at the Avis desk in Phoenix. Same with the Hellcat or whatever gauche contraption FCA has conjured up this year based on last century's e-class. And the Camaro.

As far as I can think, the Vette is the only purpose-built enthusiast domestic sports car.

Corvettes have always matched or outperformed more expensive cars though, and it never really seemed to affect the competition sales too much. The C8 is obviously better than previous Corvettes, but that is not that much different than the previous leap-frogging (i.e. C6 --> C7). Maybe the fact that you will see one of them on every street corner will be enough to keep the "exotic" sales stable. It sucks the most for Ferrari since Chevy so blatantly copied Ferrari's F430ish styling for ~2/3 of the car haha.

Also I think a lot of the higher-end car buyers don't want a Chevy, and they can afford not to. A lot of people are also willing to pay for exclusivity - just look at how many people won't touch a Hyundai or Kia for no other reason than brand name, or cars like the VW Phaeton. Mercedes is till going to sell a boat load more S-Classes than Hyundai is the G90. There's a long history of people happy to pay ~50-100% more for brand names and status cars, I don't think it will stir up the market as much as some others, but I am eager to find out either way.

My Ride
    ute

The market is more of a smooth curve than blocky chunks. For every 10 people that are considering a Mclaren/Ferrari/R8 (maybe on the used market), there are probably a few of those that would be willing to save a few dollars or have something new with warranty. Some people value exclusivity more than other people. I think it's probably a smaller number than you might think. Look at the 911 market. People are spending big bucks on special edition 911s. They aren't exclusive at all. You don't show up to a party with a Gt3 and impress the people there with exclusivity - they just see a 911. The odd guy might know its a special one, but people want exclusivity to impress the average Joe.

I think it will probably impact the 911 market more than anything.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

I think it will probably impact the 911 market more than anything.
    I hope so. I would love an air cooled 911 but they are holding their value too well.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by npham View Post
    I hope so. I would love an air cooled 911 but they are holding their value too well.
    Not THAT 911 market, lol. That market isn't rational.

- - - Updated - - -

birdie told me that they have greenlit the corvette crossover/SUV. They have been talking about turning it into a sub-brand for ages, looks like that might be coming to pass.

They want some of those Urus/Benteyga/Cayenne profit margins.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

They always did well with the escalade. They just never knew how to extend that. A corvette escalade is perfect for the firey hellscape that is the current vehicle market.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Not THAT 911 market, lol. That market isn't rational.
    I know, it was in jest. But a 991.x should be much more affordable going forward.

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 25 ... LastLast