Quantcast
Need help with a problem neighbor - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Need help with a problem neighbor

My Ride
    changes daily :D

Default Need help with a problem neighbor

Hey beyond, need some help. I’ve had the same neighbor since I moved in in 2015 and he’s a stupid, arrogant drunk that doesn’t stop annoying the rest of the neighbourhood. He picks on the kids playing at the basketball court across the street, taking their basketball and taking it into his house with him. Between his drunken yelling, music at all hours of the night and his love of leaving his front and back door open so everyone can hear his issues with him and his constantly revolving door of deadbeat drug dealing roommates, I’ve had enough. The cops have been there so many times already that it isn’t even funny anymore, and I’m sure he’s enough of an alcoholic I’m don’t know how he still has a license. I’m losing my patience, I’m asking for beyonds help. Thanks!

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

The most popular answer will be move
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    changes daily :D

Yeah but moving at this point with the economy is out of the question, we would barely break even on our place, let alone find something else that works this well.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by infamous View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah but moving at this point with the economy is out of the question, we would barely break even on our place, let alone find something else that works this well.
    Breaking even? Congrats, you’re doing better than probably 60% of your peers.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    1) Hire a private detective and snoop out his life for interesting things that you can use as leverage to pressure him into selling his house with

2) Hire a fake real estate agent to approach him with an offer to buy his place for well above markup... ask for lots of expensive upgrades to be done to cripple him financially... then pull out at the last second forcing him to sell or foreclose

3) Find out where he works, get him fired

4) Figure out where his room mates come from; get a friend to pose as a new room mate... change all the locks and bar the windows while he is out and claim squatters rights

5) Fake inheritance letter from estranged uncle.... requires him to sell and move to Ontario in order to collect

Based on the complaining in the DUI thread - next time he’s drunk playing music call the cops saying you say him drive home and he looked super drunk and now he’s inside blaring music. Repeat until he’s in jail? Apparently that’s how some feel the new law works.

My Ride
    *The First*

About 15 years ago there was this street where I lived that was just plagued with drugs. Some super poor families got stuck living on that street with about 5 crack houses and after infinity calls to the police, they gave up, went vigilante and it worked.
    The key was to smash the plumbing. Without water or toilets, even drunken junkie fuck wipes won't stick around. Every toilet was smashed and every sink ruined.
    Cleaned the place right up.

My Ride
    370Z duhh

I don't think that's accurate, people high on drugs will just shit wherever. They certainly won't wash their hands in a sink afterwards lol

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by 370Z View Post
    I don't think that's accurate, people high on drugs will just shit wherever. They certainly won't wash their hands in a sink afterwards lol
    Well yeah, they start shitting in one room, fill it up, then the next, etc. Until thevwhole house is filled with shit. Then they move along.

Beyond bball meet

My Ride
    *The First*

It's more about chasing a Diet Coke Degenerate out than fuckin Layne Staley.
    It doesn't really take that much once you remove water. Living things need water. No, they don't stay there and shit for weeks in each room. They just abandon ship.
    In saying that, the people that did this completely fuckin went to jail and they were far too trusting of our legal system to simply lie.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Remove the valve cores of their tires, one tire every 11th night.

Also fill thier bbq with honey. The insects will drive them insane.

Watch Trailer park boys, find one of many solutions.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Egg his house. Then leave a card that has a cartoony images of people that look like everyone that lives on the street.. write a note that says.. 'Stop being a cunt - The neighbourhood'.

On a serious note. Maybe start logging all the incidents and chat to other neighbours if you can. Then you have a case. Talk to the police and write to them (it becomes record). If the police are not doing nothing then talk to your councillor.
    If he/she not doing shit, go and actually see them, everything gets logged. They have to do something, speak to the police dept, or mediate etc if they don't this becomes record that they can't do shit. When it comes to election time, its good fodder to beat them with. Your paying taxes so this should be other peoples problem not yours.

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Does he own or rent? Much better chance of getting him out if he rents.
    I like neat cars.

I don't think there is much you can do without getting yourself in trouble, and you already know the police for sure won't do anything. Even if he did get charged for something it would be barely a slap on the wrist. You can't just kick someone out of their house because they're a dick, or tell them how to behave on their property. Nothing will change until you move, as shitty as that is.

Even if he's renting, good luck getting him kicked out. My family just went through this again and it is hard enough if they aren't paying rent - if they are paying rent its almost impossible.

It sucks, but we've been in similar situations with both owners and renters and nothing ever happens no matter what you do or how much you and other neighbors complain. Someone who is an addict and whose life is that much of a disaster is never going to move or listen to warnings.

If it bothers you THAT much I would leave, or plan on leaving as soon as there is an uptick in the market - large amounts of stress in your life is not worth getting a bit better price on your home, but that's only my opinion. If you can break even like you alluded to earlier, that is a no-brainier in my mind if my family was being disturbed to the level you describe. Most people are losing their shirts on their homes right now, if it's bothering you to the degree you describe and you can break even AND get away from this loser, I would be all over that.

Quote Originally Posted by Type_S1 View Post
    Based on the complaining in the DUI thread - next time he’s drunk playing music call the cops saying you say him drive home and he looked super drunk and now he’s inside blaring music. Repeat until he’s in jail? Apparently that’s how some feel the new law works.
    That's actually a pretty good idea just for the sake of screwing with him. But the neighbor having a few DUI's probably won't stop him being a cunt.

Put a little bit of coppertone sun block in a bunch of condoms and rifle em on to his door step. That's what i did to one of my neighbors, and either his lease was up a month later or he packed his shit up and left.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    Watch Trailer park boys, find one of many solutions.