Quantcast
Hong Kong vs China 2019 - Page 13 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Hong Kong vs China 2019

I am not endorsing violence. I am saying hot blooded youngin's are going to be resort to violence after all they have been through.

You want to get into police brutality? List of things the police has done off the top of my head: attack innocent bystanders (since 2014 protests), attacked media/reporters, worked with gang members to attack citizens going home (721 Yuen Long), attacked first aiders, attacked youth volunteer groups, shot countless tear gas into densely populated civilian areas, sexually harassed/assaulted detained protesters, violated basic legal rights of those arrested, over use of force for those already under control/arrest, ran into shopping malls to make arrests without warrants, TG/peppersprayed and attacked people (conspiracy is that someone died there) in the MTR (821 Prince Edward station),... the list goes on.

You want to compare the violence with the protesters? Protesters: block traffic, damage MTR, damage Chinese banks, Damage pro Beijing businesses, fight with people who brought weapons to threaten protesters and create lennon walls.

Seems like the protesters violence is a fart in a hurricane in comparison.
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Yo Kanye, ima let you finish, but 50 Cent had the best concert cancellation of all time.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The more violent and disruptive this becomes the better it is for China. There was never a path to "freedom" or whatever else the protesters wanted, but this is just accelerating the full imposition of Chinese control without even a veneer of oversight.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Bicycle

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Kenny's addressed the videos and narrative issue, and I've posted a lot about it in previous pages. Not much more to add.

The approach to all this is completely fucked. First they want the extradition law withdrawn. Then they add more demands and continue the protests. Even if China gives in to the demands, which is highly improbable for all addition 4, what's to stop them from asking for more? They should've done a better job at this and planned better.

That was such a great episode. Literally predicted the future with NBA all over the news today.
    Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    In other news, South Park banned in China due to their recent episode "band in China". Joins the likes of Peppa Pig and Winnie the Pooh
    what episode is this, the one aired last week Band in China?

My Ride
    a tank

Quote Originally Posted by Power_Of_Rotary View Post
    I am not endorsing violence. I am saying hot blooded youngin's are going to be resort to violence after all they have been through.

You want to get into police brutality? List of things the police has done off the top of my head: attack innocent bystanders (since 2014 protests), attacked media/reporters, worked with gang members to attack citizens going home (721 Yuen Long), attacked first aiders, attacked youth volunteer groups, shot countless tear gas into densely populated civilian areas, sexually harassed/assaulted detained protesters, violated basic legal rights of those arrested, over use of force for those already under control/arrest, ran into shopping malls to make arrests without warrants, TG/peppersprayed and attacked people (conspiracy is that someone died there) in the MTR (821 Prince Edward station),... the list goes on.

You want to compare the violence with the protesters? Protesters: block traffic, damage MTR, damage Chinese banks, Damage pro Beijing businesses, fight with people who brought weapons to threaten protesters and create lennon walls.

I feel you. Speaking of conspiracy theories, how about the reason why Carrie Lam introduced the mask banning is to setup the emergency power act and preparing to stop/seize all the foreign investment from leaving China. The rumor has it that China is on the verge of bankrupt and without the liquidity of the hk investment which at the current state is barely sustaining China as a whole this will no doubt bring full on collapse of the china financial system and in turn the fall of the communist party.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

i hope this is not true but sources have said a china politician went and visited the taxi driver who was beaten badly after ramping his car into two people. Not only was the driver not charged he was promised compensation of apprx 80-90k CAD equivalent. wow, what kind of example is this setting if true.

the lady who was perhaps now paralyzed is charged with rioting.

http://news.wenweipo.com/2019/10/08/IN1910080060.htm
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by SilverRex View Post
    i hope this is not true but sources have said a china politician went and visited the taxi driver who was beaten badly after ramping his car into two people. Not only was the driver not charged he was promised compensation of apprx 80-90k CAD equivalent. wow, what kind of example is this setting if true.

It is true that the driver didnt get charged. The police deemed the incident an "accident". I am uncertain on the girls medical conditions. Police restricted media/public access to visit the victim. Only direct family members were allowed to enter the ward.

This is what HK has become. If side with the gov, you will be fine. If you are against the gov, they will do anything to mute you.

In accordance to the China Communist party : the Communist Party is far more important than the individual.
    Yo Kanye, ima let you finish, but 50 Cent had the best concert cancellation of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Not to my surprise given the current atmosphere of HK and China just celebrated its 70th Anniversary, the whole nation is in its patriotism climax.
    The NBA thing to me its more of a compliance issue than freedom of speech. Now both are fucked, NBA lost China market, investment and contracts gone, jobs related in US and China are axed...

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

It is true that the driver didnt get charged. The police deemed the incident an "accident". I am uncertain on the girls medical conditions. Police restricted media/public access to visit the victim. Only direct family members were allowed to enter the ward.

This is what HK has become. If side with the gov, you will be fine. If you are against the gov, they will do anything to mute you.

In accordance to the China Communist party : the Communist Party is far more important than the individual.
    What really happened. With photos and video.

https://www.hongkongfp.com/2019/10/0...ng-protesters/

TL;DR:
    - Taxi driver was being mobbed and beaten. Tried to drive away to escape, and rammed into a crowd. (original short video that caused anger plus extended video showing beating prior to driving/ramming in link)
    - Taxi driver was robbed. Allegedly had $27k of cash and watch stolen. Beat to shit (photos in link)
    - At least 1 female protestor hurt
    - Police arrest a 20 year old protestor (not the injured woman)
    - Police visited female protestor. Unclear if she was even under arrest.

Fucking emotions are high, and news is just all over the map inciting deeper hatred for police. But hey, I guess you can accuse HKFP for bias or something?
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

I see why you side with protestors.

The list you mentioned, are hardly facts. Like Rage said, narratives. To what extent those are considered "facts" by people, depends on media coverage, reporter's stance, peer pressure etc...but most importantly ideology framework. Facts are no longer an importance, people believe what they want to believe, propaganda and conspiracy theory from both sides will just escalating situation and creating greater gap.

To my understanding, any protests resort to violence lost its legitimacy. Extradition bill's been withdraw and protestors are hardly satisfied. Seperatism comes ahead, violence keeps scaling up. and remember, violent protestors are mostly young people, the one got shot is only 14 or 16 yrs old, what has he been through in life? barely school days probably. Advocating people this young to protest, to rebel, to sacrifice for no matter what political goal is unresponsible.

HK has been enjoying freedom for long and now it is still among one of the freest place on this planet. You guys just take things for granted, maybe you don't deserve it.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Yea, all this is fuelled by 八婆 style gossip mentality which Chinese people are notorious for. Everything you hear is taken as fact, which is leveraged by pro demo to set the narrative. You hear it enough, it becomes the truth.

To be fair though, Power_Of_Rotary does have a point in why he's pro violence. The umbrella protest was peaceful and all they got was a kthxbye. But what him and pro demo protestors don't realize is that China will just be more hardass on violence, so it's much easier to justify it like my stance. The violence is making it easy for China to get what they want, especially since they withdrew the extradition bill.

I think our family has accepted the inevitable and that HK will eventually be China under China law long ago. That's why kenny and I are in Calgary discussing this in the comfort of our peaceful home because our family made the choice to GTFO long ago with a distrust of China.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Trusting Britain, China or the USA is pure crazy. Good move.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

Your reply is a good example of how things or infomation gets distorted in spreading.

I assume you read Chinese since you post a Chinese website.

The link you post clearly states quotes from the secrety of HK taxi driver organization, that the driver was beaten by protester, then car lost control and ramming to sidewalk, the driver then got dragged out of car and beaten to barely alive. The China politician visiting is actually Two HK citizens, although thay are pro-beijing. The "promised compensation" is donation from a pro-beijing organization. Didn't mention anything of an injured lady. Well you can argue it is a pro-beijing website so it's some propaganda BS.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Yea, all this is fuelled by 八婆 style gossip mentality which Chinese people are notorious for. Everything you hear is taken as fact, which is leveraged by pro demo to set the narrative. You hear it enough, it becomes the truth.

To be fair though, Power_Of_Rotary does have a point in why he's pro violence. The umbrella protest was peaceful and all they got was a kthxbye. But what him and pro demo protestors don't realize is that China will just be more hardass on violence, so it's much easier to justify it like my stance. The violence is making it easy for China to get what they want, especially since they withdrew the extradition bill.

I think our family has accepted the inevitable and that HK will eventually be China under China law long ago. That's why kenny and I are in Calgary discussing this in the comfort of our peaceful home because our family made the choice to GTFO long ago with a distrust of China.
    Good move, Rage. But why Calgary not GVA or GTA? Even the evil corrupted police sergeant Lui Lok choose Vancouver to stay.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by bob9979 View Post
    Good move, Rage. But why Calgary not GVA or GTA? Even the evil corrupted police sergeant Lui Lok choose Vancouver to stay.
    Ask kenny. We just followed his family here. I actually have no idea why our families chose Calgary in the 80's.

Calgary must be something special. My grandfather made it to Golden BC, and then turned back for a never specified reason. As did a ridiculous number of other Asians. This was at the time when literally everyone was pushing west.

It is a mystery that someone out there might shine a light on someday because I have only weak guesses.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

My theory is the ginger beef.

My Ride
    a tank

Quote Originally Posted by bob9979 View Post
    Your reply is a good example of how things or infomation gets distorted in spreading.

I assume you read Chinese since you post a Chinese website.

The link you post clearly states quotes from the secrety of HK taxi driver organization, that the driver was beaten by protester, then car lost control and ramming to sidewalk, the driver then got dragged out of car and beaten to barely alive. The China politician visiting is actually Two HK citizens, although thay are pro-beijing. The "promised compensation" is donation from a pro-beijing organization. Didn't mention anything of an injured lady. Well you can argue it is a pro-beijing website so it's some propaganda BS.
    From my family who follows their close friends live in hk says the reason why the protester damaged the car which may have caused him to crash into someone was because he was already driving dangerously trying to hit people earlier. all this stuff, I dont know what to believe any more, I am sure both sides is spreading false accusation around. At the end, no matter the outcome I think everyone loses.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

LOL @ Power_Of_Rotary and SilverRex.

Just another couple of guys who have fallen victim to false social media narrative to incite more outrage. Stop drinking the Kool-aid please.

Quote Originally Posted by Kg810 View Post
    LOL @ Power_Of_Rotary and SilverRex.

Just another couple of guys who have fallen victim to false social media narrative to incite more outrage. Stop drinking the Kool-aid please.
    LOL @ignorance

Read my first post. I have been living in HK for over 5 years now. I have witnessed first hand many of the so called "false social media narrative". And I am not even involved in any of the protests.

Stop being quick to judge from the comfort of your home on the other side of the planet. Just because it does not affect you, does not mean it is fake news. Get your head out of your ass and do a bit more research.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast