Quantcast
Hong Kong vs China 2019 - Page 12 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Hong Kong vs China 2019

What area were you staying in? People are not afraid of the protesters, people are afraid of the fucking gangster like police.

I am living in HK (for the past 5 years). I have witnessed the police brutality and all the ridiculous things in the name of "peace keeping". It is a load of shit. The armed thugs are turning HK into a police state.

The protesters are no longer "peaceful" because of many reasons, including the police handling.

Dont make a quick judgement from your little vacation.
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Yo Kanye, ima let you finish, but 50 Cent had the best concert cancellation of all time.

Hong Kong does not know violence, as it is pretty much the only place along the coast that has not had a major conflict in the last century.

Japan, nuked twice by the USA - well over a million casualties overall. Korea, million casualties in body exploding mine shredding fashion. Vietnam, million casualties in bombed dropped burned alive McCain fashion. The only place in an around that area that got through with only minor scathing a century ago was the Philippines when they successfully drove off the USA.

If you actually look at it, the USA is been a major player in every open conflict in coastal Asia over the last 150 years. They even build a world ending nuke base in Guam.

"Born in the USA" Bruce Springsteen

I'd argue to say that the only and singular reason that HK has had no violence is because Britain wanted to milk as much money from it as possible.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 10-06-2019 at 08:45 AM.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Even Vancouver

https://youtu.be/6gyGFK7wnH8

Full of those "peaceful, lovely, cutie" kids.....
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

Quote Originally Posted by Power_Of_Rotary View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What area were you staying in? People are not afraid of the protesters, people are afraid of the fucking gangster like police.

I am living in HK (for the past 5 years). I have witnessed the police brutality and all the ridiculous things in the name of "peace keeping". It is a load of shit. The armed thugs are turning HK into a police state.

The protesters are no longer "peaceful" because of many reasons, including the police handling.

Dont make a quick judgement from your little vacation.
    You're calling HK a police state? You guys are so spoiled.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by C4S View Post
    Even Vancouver

https://youtu.be/6gyGFK7wnH8

Full of those "peaceful, lovely, cutie" kids.....
    Must be the ganster like police in Vancouver. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near those armed thugs turning Van into a police state. They had no choice.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

I said turning.

It urks me to read these ignorant opinions from the other side of the planet. Especially from my cowtown democratic folks.

Please research more and understand what is really happening. The police is working above the rule law for the last 3 months and only getting worse.
    Yo Kanye, ima let you finish, but 50 Cent had the best concert cancellation of all time.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I said turning.

It urks me to read these ignorant opinions from the other side of the planet. Especially from my cowtown democratic folks.

Please research more and understand what is really happening. The police is working above the rule law for the last 3 months and only getting worse.
    Just because I do not agree with you, and that I'm not there at the moment, does not make me ignorant. I have family in HK, and they are as much as you and I for the freedom and democracy of Hong Kong. I talk to them almost daily at this point to understand what has been happening, and to be fair, a lot from their perspective. The approach that's being taken by the pro-demo protestors is terrible. They started disrupting day to day life (airports, roads) so even here in democratic Canada, would cease to permit protests that have a risk of continual disruption. They continued to illegally protest and push the police into responding with force. It's gotten to where they are now where they're inciting violence to get a violent reaction. It's worked, and they're framing the cops as the bad guys when that kid got shot. They're pushing harder and harder to drive the narrative, and it's a terrible approach to get what they want. Social media has been terrible, the way videos and photos are chopped down to provide their narrative.

Anyways, stay safe.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

I agree that the violence for both parties (police and protesters) are getting out of hand. But the underlying cause of this is the HK/Chinese gov stripping away what was once considered a free society. I used to say HK belongs to China. But the way the gov has handled this has driven people angry, including myself. I am not even a HKID holder, just a foreigner working here.

I want justice for HK and the HK people. The police and the dictator gov is corrupt and cruel. I cannot express what I have seen in the past few months over a short post. Many people have been affected by the protests, including myself. But the little inconveniences are insignificant given the ultimate goal is to better the vast majority.

Rage2, if you believe the videos you see online are Chopped to bias the protesters, then you have fallen for the mainland propaganda. In the contrary, the Pro Beijing media has been filtering and cutting videos to favor the police. While many other media has opted for LIVE videos via FB. You can watch entire videos with no editing on fb if you care to see the "true" picture.

Rage2, if you believe the videos you see online are Chopped to bias the protesters, then you have fallen for the mainland propaganda. In the contrary, the Pro Beijing media has been filtering and cutting videos to favor the police. While many other media has opted for LIVE videos via FB. You can watch entire videos with no editing on fb if you care to see the "true" picture.
    I don't know .... the first clips that came out showing "trigger happy HK police" painted the officer in bad light as it kept highlighting his non lethal weapon. Questions were asked why he didn't shoot rubber bullets instead of real bullets. A day later a much longer version of the video shows a group of 20 people attacking officer who was retreating. Officer falls and is beaten by entire group and that's when he gets up and shoots one of them to stop the attack.

That is not mainland propaganda

I'm sure you'll go on and on about how the protesters were justified in attacking this officer.
    ---

My Ride
    a tank

Did anyone caught the one a few days ago where a Taxi driver drove his car onto the side walk and hit two woman, while the news media did not disclose much on the injury but was rumor to have crushed her lower part of her body. Of course, the nearby protesters then went on and completely beat the @%#! out of the driver.

And here I am counting down to my Nov7-Nov21 trip to hk with my family which I booked in March. I am leaning heavily in delaying my dates and or canceling it altogether. Canceling means I have to take a 400 dollar hit per person for the 4 of us.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by SilverRex View Post
    Did anyone caught the one a few days ago where a Taxi driver drove his car onto the side walk and hit two woman, while the news media did not disclose much on the injury but was rumor to have crushed her lower part of her body. Of course, the nearby protesters then went on and completely beat the @%#! out of the driver.

And here I am counting down to my Nov7-Nov21 trip to hk with my family which I booked in March. I am leaning heavily in delaying my dates and or canceling it altogether. Canceling means I have to take a 400 dollar hit per person for the 4 of us.
    assuming you booked with a CC, maybe CC insurance will cover you if you show them travel warnings from the Canadian gov't? no first hand experience with this so not sure if it would work, but worth asking them.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

I'll say us folks on this side of the pond are disgusted by the violence. There is no excuse. Don't justify it, condemn it and carry on with the protest peacefully. You'll buy a lot more support from outsiders.

I could see protestors being like natives that lay over railroad tracks. Slowly destroying the nation for a cause that they have not proven they deserve.

You could see it like: HK got hooked on drugs, and kind of still is. Same with the natives, they got hooked on alcohol and drugs and now they are protesting because they don't get to run things. But since they don't even have any physical power, they protest by blocking all traffic and making everyone else around them suffer.

I've already mentioned that I don't believe HK has the greater worldwide understanding of how things work (wars, conflict, etc) not only that, but they have historically proven they have a weakness like a crack addict who only complains. Not to sound too harsh, but look in the mirror sometimes HK.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

In other news, South Park banned in China due to their recent episode "band in China". Joins the likes of Peppa Pig and Winnie the Pooh

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    assuming you booked with a CC, maybe CC insurance will cover you if you show them travel warnings from the Canadian gov't? no first hand experience with this so not sure if it would work, but worth asking them.
    Honestly it is very overplayed by media. Protests are posted online where they will be held and as long as you avoid those areas you will have no issues hanging out in HK. Had a bunch of friends just come back and said unless you are seeking to protest you can easily avoid it

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I agree that the violence for both parties (police and protesters) are getting out of hand. But the underlying cause of this is the HK/Chinese gov stripping away what was once considered a free society. I used to say HK belongs to China. But the way the gov has handled this has driven people angry, including myself. I am not even a HKID holder, just a foreigner working here.

I want justice for HK and the HK people. The police and the dictator gov is corrupt and cruel. I cannot express what I have seen in the past few months over a short post. Many people have been affected by the protests, including myself. But the little inconveniences are insignificant given the ultimate goal is to better the vast majority.

Kenny's addressed the videos and narrative issue, and I've posted a lot about it in previous pages. Not much more to add.

The approach to all this is completely fucked. First they want the extradition law withdrawn. Then they add more demands and continue the protests. Even if China gives in to the demands, which is highly improbable for all addition 4, what's to stop them from asking for more? They should've done a better job at this and planned better.

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    In other news, South Park banned in China due to their recent episode "band in China". Joins the likes of Peppa Pig and Winnie the Pooh
    That was such a great episode. Literally predicted the future with NBA all over the news today.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by ickyflex View Post
    Honestly it is very overplayed by media. Protests are posted online where they will be held and as long as you avoid those areas you will have no issues hanging out in HK. Had a bunch of friends just come back and said unless you are seeking to protest you can easily avoid it
    Transportation is pretty fucked, especially now that the MTR is pretty much shuts down completely without notice.

My Ride
    a tank

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post

The approach to all this is completely fucked. First they want the extradition law withdrawn. Then they add more demands and continue the protests. Even if China gives in to the demands, which is highly improbable for all addition 4, what's to stop them from asking for more? They should've done a better job at this and planned better.
    I was telling someone the best victory was when Carrie Lam came out and formally withdraw the bill. I knew right and then if the hk people dont accept, then that spells trouble. Now they have now entered the point of no return. it is becoming like the middle east political upheaval. Only thing missing, weapon supplied to the rebels.

The same could be said about the hk gov also dropping the ball and did not seize the moment withdrawing the bill sooner when 2m+ hk people were protesting peacefully.

I am just heart broken and no doubt both sides are at fault to a certain degree. Looking back, I am still quite disappointing that the police would shoot expired tear gas which is highly toxic into the underground MTR.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

The police has done much worse than just tear gas public transportation with innocent civilians. Do more research and come to your own conclusions if there are conspiracy factors.

I personally believe violence is the only way to ever solve political issues when it comes to dictator overlords. I dont believe corrupt gov gives 2 fucks over peaceful protests. Since 2014's umbrella revolution, it has always been peaceful. It is to the boiling point where the leader ultimately says "noted with thanks but fuck you all". Violence is inevitable given the government handling and the police brutality.

You all have no idea what the atmosphere is like in HK. Walking beside/near protesters has never been threatening. Walking by and yelled at by fully armed cops with full face mask with police badge/number removed is scary to say the least. I guess via social media and the news, you can never truly understand what is really happening and what terror really is.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I personally believe violence is the only way to ever solve political issues when it comes to dictator overlords. I dont believe corrupt gov gives 2 fucks over peaceful protests. Since 2014's umbrella revolution, it has always been peaceful. It is to the boiling point where the leader ultimately says "noted with thanks but fuck you all". Violence is inevitable given the government handling and the police brutality.
    So you're for inciting violence because it's the only solution? Got it. Understand your position now. You have no right to even talk about police brutality if that's your stance.

End of the day, we're all losers in this. The country from where I was born is being fucked right up the ass by everyone. They've already declared Emergency Law and can do whatever the fuck they want at this point. This is going to end up with China not respecting the Joint Declaration (as they already suggested in the last month) and just turn HK into China now instead of 2047. Nobody is going to help China. Too much at stake trade wise.

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast