Quantcast
Hong Kong vs China 2019 - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Hong Kong vs China 2019

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The future is inevitable in another 28 years. Dunno if they realize that.
    I believe they realize that, at least I sure hope they do. But they don't want it to happen any sooner, not a day earlier.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

I think it's a shitstorm that's been slowly brewing since '97. HK is very different than pre-97, the city has been Mandarin-ized significantly in the last 17 years, and native Hongers are slowly losing their identity. This whole deal with the appointments is just the straw that broke the camel's back.

The economy has shifted significantly towards mainlanders and Mandarin speakers. Want to get promoted? You better know how to speak Mandarin, and have ties back to the mainland to get ahead. Go shopping for expensive stuff? Mandarin speakers will get preferential treatment, and Cantonese only speakers gets ignored. I feel like a 2nd class citizen in HK when I go shopping because I don't speak Mandarin, even though I was born there. It's only a matter of time before things shift down to the middle class, where something as simple as going out for dinner will be a PITA for Cantonese folks.
    My friend in HK was saying the same thing. She can see the difference happening over the years.
    China does not need to invade to change things. Just influence things culturally. The sword of destiny will slowly creep into peoples lives in Hong Kong.

The protesters are crouching like tigers and the Chinese military dragon is hiding.

Life imitates art... Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon...

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

Quote Originally Posted by bob9979 View Post
    I doubt the original 2M+(numbers claimed by protesters) really understand what they protest for, or just under peer pressure and a fear-of-China complex commonly found in HK people. Someone mentioned above the bill was brought up by a HK guy who murder his GF in Taiwan and fled back to HK, he cant get charged with murder as long as he stays in HK since HK and Taiwan has no extradition treaty. HK gov wants an amendment so that they can transfer suspects in a case by case manner to other countries currently has no treaty with HK. Then this bill amendment becomes controversial because inclusion of mainland China is avocated by pro democracy side of the legislative council as a fear of merge with Chinese law.(yes, HK has extradition treaty with countries like the Philippines, Indonisia, but not Taiwan, Mainland China and Macau).Under this avocacy this movement now becomes a ideological confrontation. Anyone who opposed to the protest, are deemed pro-China, gets bullied then side with those protesters. Personnally I suspect the amendment will actully affect any of the protesters daily life, whoever gets extradited to China if any, would be those hiding in the fourseasons, now they just sit and chill with a cigar, watching these idiots put on a show in the street.
    The uninformed and paid protestors doing the bidding for the corrupt wealthy HK launderers. Welcome to Facebook 2019.
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    I understand they're upset, but why do they think violent protests and shutting down the airport will get them what they want? I feel like that will just piss the people in power off more. Excuse my ignorance but I haven't been following this story very closely - just been reading about the airport shutdown, protesters beating up people they suspect are cops, etc.
    At this point, they just want to force China’s hand into a Tiananmen Square situation so they can make an example out of China and peg them as the bad guy. The funny thing is, China has literally done fuck all, but the narrative is already set. Every move China makes is a step closer to Tiananmen. I doubt China would do anything like that again. Doesn’t hurt them at all to just sit back and watch HK unravel on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by HiSpec View Post
    I believe they realize that, at least I sure hope they do. But they don't want it to happen any sooner, not a day earlier.
    Yea but realistically, that’s impossible. Imagine completely changing everything overnight. You can’t do that, which is literally why a 50 transition period was set during the ‘97 handover.

Edit - to be clear, the 50 year isn’t a transition period. It’s a promise that the government is unchanged. But that doesn’t mean you don’t slowly transition towards China rule by the end.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    370Z duhh

These protesters have nothing to lose that's why. Most of them are young people who can't find employment because their losing jobs to youth from the mainland. I see their endgame as just trying to provoke China into doing something violent that'll make them look bad and that's it really...

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Oh well....

This tell us something..

https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=449199892331421&_rdr
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

If Hong Kong wants true independence, they will most likely have to prove it in combat. Thing is: They picked a bad time to even hint at breaking away (or at least, not obeying Chinas laws with open arms) Realistically they had a much better chance fighting against the British (like the USA did to gain their independence) In a fist fight against China, Hong Kong does not stand a chance. Will China smack up some protesters? We shall see.

This is Feyd Harkonnen being replaced by Rabban, if you follow Dune as a guide.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 08-14-2019 at 03:20 AM.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 354
Size:  45.1 KB
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    SNIP
    WTF, is this going to accomplish

My Ride
    Bicycle

They don't have the balls to do it in Chinatown during the Festival? lol.

At minimum, do it like all other protests, do it at City Hall to get at least some press coverage.

At this point, they just want to force China’s hand into a Tiananmen Square situation so they can make an example out of China and peg them as the bad guy. The funny thing is, China has literally done fuck all, but the narrative is already set. Every move China makes is a step closer to Tiananmen. I doubt China would do anything like that again. Doesn’t hurt them at all to just sit back and watch HK unravel on its own.
    I think that's the tactic to bait China to do something back. But I have a feeling that Xi would do it too except he is being held back by someone or the generals into acting.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 08-14-2019 at 08:26 AM.

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

lol
    Was just coming here to post that and this reddit thread. https://www.reddit.com/r/Calgary/com..._this_sat_2pm/

I was honestly supportive and understanding of the first few peaceful protests/demonstrations, but after the original intent of the protest deteriorated to "HK isn't China" and it became violent due to mob mentality I have zero sympathy for those young protesters creating chaos. The sentiment is shared among my family here and in HK. You go on social media and all you see is young students that have nothing better to do and they all have this desperate desire to "be a part of something" / "make history" and say they were there. It's that desperate desire to be acknowledge on social media and among their peers that they've forgotten why and who they are fighting/standing up against.

Just look at the Reddit post, people question what the Calgary meeting will accomplish and this is one of OP's response

[–]Chocobean[S] 7 points 1 hour ago
    hey man, wouldn't it be FRIKKNI' AWESOME if it happens and the headlines read

Calgarians got together at crescent heights and stopped the concentration camps of China
    so awesome.
    There are so many idiots like this on social media. Craving to be a part of something bigger than them so they feel like they made a difference, when they don't even know what they are fighting for. So HK protesters are fighting China to stop concentration camps now? K.

Well… One could argue that storming area 51 is basically just something for people with too much time on their hands - to do.

Realistically though, USA has far more secrets hidden to their own populace than China does. I'd join a pro-HK or pro-China march as long as they let me play pokemon go while doing it. Free food, and I will join either side.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 354
Size:  45.1 KB
    抗暴 .. mean 反抗暴動 Against Riot?
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

The better translation will be protest against (police) brutality but I'm seeing brutality from all sides. I think most people will agree that the response of the police is pretty tame compared to similar incidents around the world including the "free world".

The laser pointer is pretty lame. Don't go buy a bunch of laser pointers with the intention of pointing them at people's eyeballs. Even a normal person will get mad and the police has sticks and tear gas, idiots. If you are going to be an instigator, don't cry when you get what you ask for.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    Well… One could argue that storming area 51 is basically just something for people with too much time on their hands - to do.

Realistically though, USA has far more secrets hidden to their own populace than China does. I'd join a pro-HK or pro-China march as long as they let me play pokemon go while doing it. Free food, and I will join either side.
    Why do you continue to post such nonsense, nonsense that you have absolutely no way of proving.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Why do you continue to post such nonsense, nonsense that you have absolutely no way of proving.
    He's raiding Area 51 for nickles.

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

Yea but realistically, that’s impossible. Imagine completely changing everything overnight. You can’t do that, which is literally why a 50 transition period was set during the ‘97 handover.

Edit - to be clear, the 50 year isn’t a transition period. It’s a promise that the government is unchanged. But that doesn’t mean you don’t slowly transition towards China rule by the end.
    Fair point.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

These kind of video probably will be deleted by Facebook soon ..better take a look now

https://www.facebook.com/antihkja/vi...5723483160744/

(With both Chinese and English captions)
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

Quote Originally Posted by HiSpec View Post
    Fair point.
    Fair point is an understatement. It's the main point and all the young idiotic protesters are choosing to ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by C4S View Post
    These kind of video probably will be deleted by Facebook soon ..better take a look now

https://www.facebook.com/antihkja/vi...5723483160744/

(With both Chinese and English captions)
    I dare you to post that on Instagram or Reddit. You'd get so much hate because you're not showing your support to HK and all the brave little kids standing up for "freedom" and their future. It's a shame so many people have drank from the biased media kool-aid because there is no way to reason with them anymore.

USA has spent 10x more than the rest of the world on military (and military secrets) The nation that has the most to lose in telling the truth to everyone about everything, is without doubt the USA. Even in base commerce China does not really have a "patent" structure like the US does, preferring instead to keep most technology as "open-source". This is also the reason why Windows software in China costs $0 legally, Bill Gates knows the score.

USA also will be the first nation to step up to any conflict around the world (Again, 10x military spending) to gain any advantage possible. Is it possible protestors are being paid by Britain? Probably. Is it also possible that protestors are being paid by the USA? That too.

This is a completely reasonable allegation compared to something like - Trump suggesting murderous Clintons. Although I do tend to side with the idea that presidents do tend to be murderers, at least in the USA.

Hong Kong are literally the worst bunch of crybabies anywhere. Take 'em on a trip to South America to be bitten by a single mosquito, or El Paso Texas and have them drink some of the sewer water - That will shut them up pretty fast.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 08-14-2019 at 07:51 PM.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast