Quantcast
Hong Kong vs China 2019 - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Hong Kong vs China 2019

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Yikes, imagine being in Hong Kong and being unable to get out.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Wonder if people will start loading the bridges in that photo causing a collapse and killing a bunch of the people..

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Gah, this just had to happen today of all days, MIL is on her way to Hong Kong right now - can we call her before her flight - no of course not phone is off, can we get through to Air Canada (nope 2 hour phone delay).

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Is it just me, or in the whole context of the relationship between Hong Kong and the Mainland is none of what’s happening really surprising?

I’m just not sure what anyone expected long term.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Is it just me, or in the whole context of the relationship between Hong Kong and the Mainland is none of what’s happening really surprising?
    I'm not an expert, but this is my thought as well. What ELSE was going to happen?
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    a tank

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Heavy focus on the masked hunny.

Pretty crazy what's happening there, I have no idea what'll happen.

Sounds like two vehicles have driven through protests. No deaths. More discreet than a tank
    woot reminds me of my favorite female character in MK kitana.

sadly, I have an upcoming trip booked for hk with my family in November. If things dont settle soon, I may have to cancel the trip. The latest protesting had the hk international air port canceling all flights that would suck if you get caught in the middle
    Last edited by SilverRex; 08-12-2019 at 01:32 PM.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

except the didnt cancel all flights. All the vancouver flights are still either in the air or leaving this afternoon.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

https://imgur.com/gallery/2QHLZbW

This was taken 5 hours ago.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Oh good, they are bringing lots of nice empty buses to help people move efficiently to their destinations. China to the rescue!!
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Very Shitty …

My brother in law, my cousin, and their family of 9, from few month old baby to 70 yr old parents, stuck in HK airport now, cannot leave, no hotel, just sit there, (sleep on chair, milk in luggage .. ) been there for whole day already, and need to wait another 12 hour for next flight to Vancouver, then connect to Calgary in diff planes .. (They fly back to Calgary from Malay, transfer in HK) Hope less protestors at Airport tomorrow …

Few other family I know, they are stuck in Hong Kong now, hopefully they can catch tomorrow flights!

The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

My Ride
    Bicycle

Chinese already got the old people on their side because they have too much to lose and will just do whatever CCCP say for stability.

They are already inject patriotic value and some propaganda into the education system so kids younger than 10 doesn't really know what HK was.

They are also allowing mainlander to reside in HK to have a pro government mix in there to further assimilate. I had relatives that got yelled at by mainlanders for speak Cantonese and that HK should speak Mandarin or Cantonese are 2nd class.

This is why the 20 something to 40 something that has an axe to grind about being assimilated.

Without democracy, China can really play the long game instead of appeasing people every 4-5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    Gah, this just had to happen today of all days, MIL is on her way to Hong Kong right now - can we call her before her flight - no of course not phone is off, can we get through to Air Canada (nope 2 hour phone delay).
    Yeah, sucks but following that's been happening for 2 months now, I am surprised people think this won't escalate to the point today.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 08-12-2019 at 03:11 PM.

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

The fact that the police force hired 'triads' to do their dirty work doesn't help with how already pissed off the HK citizens are. To add, the police are firing expired tear gas at citizens in an enclosed space. It was proven that expired tear gas breaks down into cyanide oxide, phosgenes and nitrogens that are extremely dangerous. But I do agree that protesting in HKG just pisses people off since it is the central hub for logistics and economy.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Quote Originally Posted by C4S View Post
    Very Shitty …

My brother in law, my cousin, and their family of 9, from few month old baby to 70 yr old parents, stuck in HK airport now, cannot leave, no hotel, just sit there, (sleep on chair, milk in luggage .. ) been there for whole day already, and need to wait another 12 hour for next flight to Vancouver, then connect to Calgary in diff planes .. (They fly back to Calgary from Malay, transfer in HK) Hope less protestors at Airport tomorrow …

Few other family I know, they are stuck in Hong Kong now, hopefully they can catch tomorrow flights!

Same here, Aunts family was set to depart monday on the AC flight to YVR, cancelled and hopefully they can get on tomorrow.

I have two trips planned for Asia, one in Sept for Sinapore GP connecting from HK, then in Nov for HK and Japan.... going have to rethink how long i am going to stay in HK in Nov, might just go to Taiwan or something instead.

As for as the protest is concern, The police's action is fucked, but the demand from the protesters are also unrealistic. Not even sure if there's going to be a solution to all this.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Hong Kong Police ..is way too kind, useless! (lots of my friends are HK Police, they are so damn pity now .. their wives, kids, being bullied badly!) but Hong Kong Police never deal with such big professional riot, (last time was 52 year ago, my mom still remember how horrible it was, when the British army shooting those rioters) HK has been one safest city for last few decades, the Police just dont know how to react..

Those "5" things they demand are totally unrealistic, (may be 1 or 2 is achievable)

So, now, my brother in law, cousin, with their baby, children...are just sleeping at the airport (sleep on chairs, been there for near 20 hour now) and hope they can catch Air Cad tomorrow ..

Hopefully the USA v China trade war will ended soon .. other, Hong Kong has no future ..
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    https://imgur.com/gallery/2QHLZbW

This was taken 5 hours ago.
    Don't be fooled. They're just gearing up for some drag races

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

Quote Originally Posted by C4S View Post
    Hong Kong Police ..is way too kind, useless! (lots of my friends are HK Police, they are so damn pity now .. their wives, kids, being bullied badly!) but Hong Kong Police never deal with such big professional riot, (last time was 52 year ago, my mom still remember how horrible it was, when the British army shooting those rioters) HK has been one safest city for last few decades, the Police just dont know how to react..

Those "5" things they demand are totally unrealistic, (may be 1 or 2 is achievable)

So, now, my brother in law, cousin, with their baby, children...are just sleeping at the airport (sleep on chairs, been there for near 20 hour now) and hope they can catch Air Cad tomorrow ..

Hopefully the USA v China trade war will ended soon .. other, Hong Kong has no future ..
    I guess that's why they only know how to react by shooting a citizen in the eye, pulling the underwear off a female bystander, hiring triads to slash and smash random people on their head? In my perspective, I think HKPF has gone too far. But they are also only doing their job and want to put food on their table.
    Last edited by HiSpec; 08-12-2019 at 08:33 PM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

And PLA is at the border, massing at Shenzhen for "military exercise", could be scare tactic, could be not.

https://mobile.twitter.com/alexandre...47525442056193
    Last edited by Xtrema; 08-12-2019 at 07:10 PM.

This protest bores me. Its literally just like Asians to have the most weaksauce protests ever.

I mean: Noone is being shot, noone is throwing molotovs, there aren't even any naked people.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    This protest bores me. Its literally just like Asians to have the most weaksauce protests ever.

I mean: Noone is being shot, noone is throwing molotovs, there aren't even any naked people.
    What does 'noone' mean?
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

It does not look good. This might be the turning point.

I think its going to be messy like the 'No Russian' level from Modern Warfare 3. Only this time, there is no Tank man... just a big with a Kung Pow punch ploughing through...

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast