Quantcast
Hong Kong vs China 2019 - Page 17 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Hong Kong vs China 2019

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They destroy a great city if they lose. Literally give China the chance to roll forward one country one system on HK. If that happens, I'll be sad, but I won't be sympathetic. Pro dem is acting like a spoiled child. Throw a tantrum, and China gives in withdrawing the initial demand. Now they add 4 other demands including universal suffrage and escalate their tantrum. That will get you nowhere.

Should have reorganized after China agreed to the original demand, which is surprising that they even did to say the least. Find some ally's, they have none right now, drum up support, and try to work a way to extend the 2047 deadline down the road.
    10000% this! HK(from what i see)is literally destroying itself while the Chinese government sits back and watches while high fiving each other. We all thought the government was going in a long time ago to stop this but why would they. I was very surprised too that HK got even one demand but to want more is crazy. Very sad whats going on there

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Be careful what you wish for.
    I'd cash out and move out of Calgary pretty quickly if we became the new Richmond.
    I have 3 houses, if we boom again ill be rolling around in Alex Chois crash cage lambo
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    10000% this! HK(from what i see)is literally destroying itself while the Chinese government sits back and watches while high fiving each other. We all thought the government was going in a long time ago to stop this but why would they. I was very surprised too that HK got even one demand but to want more is crazy. Very sad whats going on there
    I won't say Chinese government is high fiving each other. They have shown restraint mostly due to upcoming Taiwanese election and they would prefer a pro-unification government than current one. But ever since HK blew up, pro independence party has gained a lot of strength and rumor is Taiwanese have been assisting the unrest in HK to increase their chances to stay in power in Taiwan.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Things appear to of taken a turn last night with a large scale police operation on the University of Hong Kong. Alot of teargas from the police, so much that it looks like something is on fire.
    Name:  2x6lppzxw7y31.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  34.5 KBName:  bhh4u7egv7y31.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  107.5 KB

link to the video of part of the firefight.

https://www.reddit.com/r/HongKong/co...m_medium=web2x

The police were reportedly shooting for 4 hours. Unknown injured unknown casualties.

Also the police shot two protestors point blank, you can see they are dead in the video on

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Some dude was doused with gasoline and lit on fire. There was a lot of violence between citizens. The local government continues to be useless. I don't know this place nor the people anymore.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    Things appear to of taken a turn last night with a large scale police operation on the University of Hong Kong. Alot of teargas from the police, so much that it looks like something is on fire.
    Name:  2x6lppzxw7y31.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  34.5 KBName:  bhh4u7egv7y31.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  107.5 KB

link to the video of part of the firefight.

https://www.reddit.com/r/HongKong/co...m_medium=web2x

The police were reportedly shooting for 4 hours. Unknown injured unknown casualties.

Also the police shot two protestors point blank, you can see they are dead in the video on
    So much random info here lol.

I mean, if you setup a blockade to disrupt the school, and cops come to disband the blockade while you throw Molotovs at the cops, yea this is going down. The cops aren't shooting anything here other than rubber bullets and tear gas. They aren't shooting protestors point blank in this incident. School officials have repeatedly asked protesting students that their violence isn't the solution, but ignored. This isn't a peaceful protest, not sure what the expectation is for the police. Fuck off and let the city burn to the ground? Or try to regain control of these situations?

The shooting incident was yesterday, when one cop was trying to again get protestors to move away from blocking. 2 protestors rushed the cop, one struggled with the cop while the other reached for the gun. Shots fired. You get shot for way less in Canada.

The anti protestor old Chinese guy that got lit on fire got fucked because he was speaking his mind after protestors lit yet another metro station on fire. He's telling them what they're doing is wrong, and got fucked in the process.

All this shit the last 48 hours is because the protestors coordinated to disrupt the entire city by lighting metro stations on fire, setting blockades throughout the city and around campus, going to malls and smashing up and spray painting any store that's pro police or pro china. Coupled with attacks on anyone and anything that disagrees with you, that's a fucking recipe for disaster. You play with fire you get burned.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

I think i was in the middle of posting and then forgot to post the video I was referring to...

Kind of surprised that the police aren't on the side of the Citizens - aren't they also Citizens..

Are the police more or less being replaced with mainland chinese?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Kind of surprised that the police aren't on the side of the Citizens - aren't they also Citizens..
    What do you mean by this? You want the cops to stop performing their duties and join the protestors in rioting?
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Bicycle

I think i was in the middle of posting and then forgot to post the video I was referring to...

Are the police more or less being replaced with mainland chinese?
    While there are individual incidents of cops not behaving to standard, that's expected. You can't expect everyone to be doing everything by the book, especially under stress.

Like that kid who got shot, what do you expect when you going after a gun pointed at you? This ain't some kung fu movie.

We can arguing all day long how it devolved to this stage, but what these protesters are doing now is endangering lives of innocent people who wants no part of this, not respecting free speech and actually pushing majority of people to go toward China exchanging more freedom for more peace. It's having an opposite effect.

Have to say tho, the new anti-mask law is going to wreck them if next flu pandemic comes thru the city.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 11-12-2019 at 11:49 AM.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    What do you mean by this? You want the cops to stop performing their duties and join the protestors in rioting?
    No but I would of thought there would be some police representatives talking to the media/government about the brutality etc.

My Ride
    Bicycle

No but I would of thought there would be some police representatives talking to the media/government about the brutality etc.
    They do, daily, about brutality of rioters.

Everything else is under investigation.

You have to know that until late 80s, HK Police is basically gangsters with a license, corrupted as hell. It got better over the last 20 odds years but cream of crop never become cops.

If you think this is bad, wait til really bottom of the barrel PLA comes in.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 11-12-2019 at 12:33 PM.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 05-06-2020 at 12:51 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

So is the issue really that HK, like many places, has huge numbers of younger adults who feel that they have no economic future? Really the same bunch of hopeless incels as elsewhere rebelling against the economic and social system that promises a lifetime of indebtedness?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    So is the issue really that HK, like many places, has huge numbers of younger adults who feel that they have no economic future? Really the same bunch of hopeless incels as elsewhere rebelling against the economic and social system that promises a lifetime of indebtedness?
    In a Canadian context, I would say it's Quebec coming here in AB telling you that everything will be conducted in French going forward and anyone doesn't know French has no future.

Do you grab you guns or do you start to learn French?

Last edited by 01RedDX; 05-06-2020 at 12:57 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by 01RedDX View Post
    The language issue is massive but also imagine a heavily male-dominated Quebec that has a huge army, no liberal values and a powerful security service which disappears people daily.
    And that the boomers agreed to all this on paper, but gave them 50 years (1997-2047) to slowly transition.

Blame Margret Thatcher for all this (like I said on page 1).

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

This is more like Redwood meadows reverting to native mangement. Leased land going back to owner control. Think the residents of Redwood meadows will have an armed insurgency when that happens?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

China is not even in the equation anymore. If you are not with the protestors, you are the enemy of the protestors. It's really fucked up like Lord of the flies. They create their own monster now.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Well, finally, this rioter is doing something cool!

We all saw the photos and video how they burned their school, how they set fire, how they throw gas bombs everywhere and how they burned the school bus...

But that is cool! Creative! Now I wanna join!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

well he's either paving his road to democracy or about to flatten a Chinese baby.

Quote Originally Posted by C4S View Post
    Well, finally, this rioter is doing something cool!

We all saw the photos and video how they burned their school, how they set fire, how they throw gas bombs everywhere and how they burned the school bus...

But that is cool! Creative! Now I wanna join!
    Yes! Now all they need is a watermelon painted like the Chinese flag, and put a British flag in there too. Drama is king in protesting.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 ... LastLast