Quantcast
Hong Kong vs China 2019 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 22 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Hong Kong vs China 2019

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Default Hong Kong vs China 2019

https://www.hongkongfp.com/2019/07/2...sts-residents/

China unleashes triads against protestors.

Hong Kong is fucked. I’m surprised it took over 20 years to get here. Seriously thought China would’ve fucked Hong Kong way sooner even though they were promised 50 years of segregated politics.

Good read of what led us here for those out of the loop: https://time.com/5629071/hong-kong-p...olice-inquiry/
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

So what do you see as happening in the near to long term future for hk?

My Ride
    Silverado

They're fucked

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The whole clashes and protests getting crazy might work in Chinas favour. It might give them a excuse to roll in the that tanks and have a Tiananmen square part 2.
    What is to stop them..? Nothing...Sure western media and politicians will condemn the actions but thats it. Any western country who stands up against China will have their own opposition internally. China can bide their sweet time.

Its a win / win for China.
    Western countries wont do shit as it helps them too. It encourages people with money in HK to move it out to safer countries as 'direct investment'. Which politician is going to say no to that..? More money will come into Canada, UK and USA as a result of this.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    Hong Kong citizens will plead for international assistance, especially from UK since we were British subjects (kinda like Puerto Ricans are kinda American). Nobody will have the balls to confront China, we’re all way too reliant on them to even think of putting sanctions against them. Even Trump is focusing on trade, and saying Hong Kong matter is between HK and China. China played the drug dealer card well, give us cheap shit, we can’t wean them off, they’ve got everyone addicted and have every developed nation by the balls. China will continue to ramp up efforts to erode HK rights and accelerate the timeline towards one government decades earlier (supposed to happen in 2047) and nobody can or will do anything to stop it.

Unless we accept and transition to non Chinese manufactured goods and pay more for goods, nobody will stand up to China. Ironically enough, if you ignore all the noise, that’s what Trump is trying to accomplish bringing manufacturing back to the US, to rely less on China and weaken them economically and politically, but we’re talking decades before that could remotely come close to happening.

Immediate future, Triads are showing their powers in fear and intimidation. Really haven’t seen stuff like this since the 90s before things got cleaned up. This incident is pretty isolated out in NT, expecting it to spread seeing as HK cops are siding with triads. Also I should pack away my white shirts for a while haha.

My guess anyways.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

My cousin is on the forces in Hong Kong. I check in every couple weeks to make sure she's alive haha.

Pretty gnarly over there and it's only going to get worse.

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

Weren't there reports that the US / CIA is funding and training the HK protestors? So yes, they are receiving international help already.

My Ride
    TypeR

Im going to china end of august hopefully I dont get arrested
    IG:scboss

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Quote Originally Posted by Kg810 View Post
    Weren't there reports that the US / CIA is funding and training the HK protestors? So yes, they are receiving international help already.

I'm not sure how the US can fund 2 million people without anyone knowing...

My Ride
    car

I am living in Hong Kong now and shit has been crazy. As for today the MTR has been stopped and much disruption. You may seen the live feed yesterday on social media. I never seen it besides the movies but its pretty overwhelming. Triads moved in and pretty much beat anyone that was opposed to them. Kids, elderly, women they did not give a shit.

Not sure if this was legit news but supposedly one of the girls that got beat had some relation to another triad and now its more of a war.

What is crazy the government is calling in the triads and asking the police to turn a blind eye while they go to work.

What are these people protesting for?

They want the right to be like British people, that is - dickwads. But not in the American sense of dickwad - which is more a more extreme violent type of dickwad.

I don't know that HK has the balls to stand up against physical confrontation. Bring on the rubber bullets.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride
    370Z duhh

Quote Originally Posted by maxout View Post
    I am living in Hong Kong now and shit has been crazy. As for today the MTR has been stopped and much disruption. You may seen the live feed yesterday on social media. I never seen it besides the movies but its pretty overwhelming. Triads moved in and pretty much beat anyone that was opposed to them. Kids, elderly, women they did not give a shit.

Not sure if this was legit news but supposedly one of the girls that got beat had some relation to another triad and now its more of a war.

What is crazy the government is calling in the triads and asking the police to turn a blind eye while they go to work.
    Is this actually true?

I've read that the protestors are the ones that are creating violence and chaos is Yuen Long, and these were the men of neighborhood driving them ban to the MTR. If you watch the 34 minute clip you can see they actually stop when the protestors get back on the train and behind the turnstiles. Seems plausible to me.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by bob9979 View Post
    What are these people protesting for?
    China took HK back from the brits in 1997. At the time, HK was promised to be left alone until 2047. Over time, China has been slowly changing HK to become China. The latest that sparked the protests is an extradition bill that allows China to basically bring anyone back from HK to China. That's dangerous for any journalist or critics of the Chinese government living in HK, and pretty much completely exposes HK to China's legal system.

Quote Originally Posted by 370Z View Post
    I've read that the protestors are the ones that are creating violence and chaos is Yuen Long, and these were the men of neighborhood driving them ban to the MTR. If you watch the 34 minute clip you can see they actually stop when the protestors get back on the train and behind the turnstiles. Seems plausible to me.
    Found the triad.

Seriously though, the triads are basically beating on everyone. Just assuming they're out at this time of night, and they're protestors. I'm sure some of the protestors are fighting back or instigating them, until they get their ass kicked. This guy was a bad one.

Wait a second, you mean the Japanese gang Triads? That is fucked up.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by scboss View Post
    Im going to china end of august hopefully I dont get arrested
    Just make sure to bring a burner phone and use an made up account entering/exiting.

Of course, entering with an Canadian passport may be whole another level of issues. Make sure you are squeaky clean.

Quote Originally Posted by maxout View Post
    It's a political tactic because citizens are complaining about police brutality. So Police going to step back to let citizen experience what real brutality is.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    China took HK back from the brits in 1997. At the time, HK was promised to be left alone until 2047. Over time, China has been slowly changing HK to become China. The latest that sparked the protests is an extradition bill that allows China to basically bring anyone back from HK to China. That's dangerous for any journalist or critics of the Chinese government living in HK, and pretty much completely exposes HK to China's legal system.
    Realistically tho, it will happen eventually. China has been diluting the population anyway, even if there is democracy, it'll be a highly rigged one.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 07-22-2019 at 08:59 AM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Yeah I had to take a double-take on that too...like gang Triads?! Shit is like out of a movie.

Stupid question I'm sure but what is China hoping to gain out of all of this by essentially taking back HK? Wouldn't anyone with sufficient wealth just leave?

This is a much more brutal version of Russia taking back Crimea in 2014.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Silverado

China's judicial system is a joke and is extremely influenced by the government. I really feel for the people of HK.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Just make sure to bring a burner phone and use an made up account entering/exiting.

Of course, entering with an Canadian passport may be whole another level of issues. Make sure you are squeaky clean.

It's a political tactic because citizens are complaining about police brutality. So Police going to step back to let citizen experience what real brutality is.
    I was possibly going to visit a vendor there (in Shangdong), how legimate would you think the risk is for a Canadian?
    Last edited by dirtsniffer; 07-22-2019 at 10:33 AM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Anyone in HK who wasn't preparing for life as a "regular" Chinese citizen should have been planning thier exit. The idea that Beijing was ever going to keep the "one country two systems" model is laughable.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    I was possibly going to visit a vendor there, how legimate would you think the risk is for a Canadian?
    My feeling is that they probably won't fuck with you but they will examine closer than usual and stick to the letter of the law and give 0 leeway. So make sure everything is proper going thru customs.

And of course, there are also mandatory force installation of spying app on tourist's phones in certain regions for now:
    https://www.businessinsider.com/chin...-border-2019-7

Page 1 of 22 1 2 11 ... LastLast