Name:  tz-1e7vyp_s.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  51.8 KB

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Nancy hates Donald so bad lol. So funny to watch

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And if we went to a 100% solar solution, what would you propose that could be used to supply power at night that would be environmentally friendly?
    Nothing in the short term. But arguably, if you can get half of the citizenry to move to electric cars: Zero transmission losses because of its locality to where the energy is needed (IE, you are where your car is and always where you need the energy) Technically you could reverse feed some of the electrical needs of the house off of the 2,000 or so batteries inside the car or a few thousand batteries stored on the wall (assuming 90 cent lithium cells)

In warm climates, all you really need is enough stored energy to keep the fridge going at night, and if you are a night owl - maybe a 100 watt LED HDTV or 10 watt tablet.

As is now: Electric cars are being charged in the exact opposite way they may in the future. Charge overnight and then use during the day. The optimal solution is to charge during the day continually and use residual power at night.

China no doubt will do this first, the USA does not have enough lithium mining ability to try.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 02-04-2020 at 09:17 PM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride

Lol nancy ripped the speech up at the end. SAVAGE

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Lol nancy ripped the speech up at the end. SAVAGE
    Someone needs to explain all of this to me apparently.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Someone needs to explain all of this to me apparently.
    Honestly the most interesting SOTU I ever watched. Pelosi's lackluster intro, Trump snubbing handshake, Rush getting a medal and being called a "hero", Melania/Donald awkwardness, Pelosi keeps tinkering in the background like she's looking at a menu, and finally her ripping it up.. lol crazy.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

So is Romney going for the primaries or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    So is Romney going for the primaries or something?
    He’s pretty comfy as a senator and not up until 2024 so definitely not this time around. He knows there is no point to challenge trump but certainly could be planning for a 2024 run

I am quite surprised he broke with his party on this though.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Anddd it’s done. Acquitted on both counts.

Time for Pelosi to resign for that colossal waste of time and money.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Anddd it’s done. Acquitted on both counts.

Time for Pelosi to resign for that colossal waste of time and money.
    Was he actually in the wrong and bailed out by a majority or, did they just make it up?
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Doesn’t matter now, rookie mistake was bringing him up on charges that had a 0% chance of conviction.

Trump gets vindicated, dems get to look petty, end of the day it’s America who loses in the process. Cause of course neither Congress nor the Senate had anything better to do.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

Doesn’t matter now, rookie mistake was bringing him up on charges that had a 0% chance of conviction.

Trump gets vindicated, dems get to look petty, end of the day it’s America who loses in the process. Cause of course neither Congress nor the Senate had anything better to do.
    It wasn't a mistake - it was a calculated decision based on the fact that everyone knew the outcome before any of this began. There was absolutely zero chance of any other outcome, and before the 'trial' began, they said they were just going to acquit him regardless. Some republican senators were sleeping, reading, and playing with fidget spinners during the proceedings. Schiff's speeches were actually great, not that it mattered though. Trump has been offering Senators money for votes and threatening people for votes, the former of which is actually legal.

The main reasons they did this is was to get as many facts out into the public realm as possible, and force senators to go on record as supporting or opposing the motion. The hope is that people vote in numbers too big to manipulate in 2020 with as many facts available as possible. Trump's finances will be out around June-ish too which will likely be a big deal - he prioritized the appointment of IRS/tax staff above the AG of the USA, which tells you he is absolutely terrified for people to see his financial info. Even if he was removed, Pence would be president anyway - whether or not he was removed wouldn't even matter with elections coming right up anyway.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 02-05-2020 at 04:42 PM.

This will make it easier for Trump on continuing to push boundaries and crossing lines more comfortably. There will be worse things that he will do and we wouldn’t even know about it. I believe this whole impeachment and acquittal will actually help him get re-elected. Sad.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Aside from being petty tabloid style gossip, why’s are trumps personal finances a “Big deal”?

Sounds like another solid use of government resources to me.

fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky View Post
    This will make it easier for Trump on continuing to push boundaries and crossing lines more comfortably. There will be worse things that he will do and we wouldn’t even know about it. I believe this whole impeachment and acquittal will actually help him get re-elected. Sad.
    His numbers actually don't change, they have basically remained the same throughout everything. He has a certain base that will vote for him no matter what facts come to light, but he isn't attracting new voters. A lot of people didn't vote in 2016 for a number of reasons, but it was widely reported that Hillary had something like an 87% chance of winning, so a lot of Americans didn't even go out to vote. Obviously that didn't happen, but I think 2020 will draw out a lot more voters. The question then becomes will the cheating at the polls prevail (every single bipartisan election security bill has been turned down by the Republicans), or will people show up in big enough numbers to vote.

- - - Updated - - -

Aside from being petty tabloid style gossip, why’s are trumps personal finances a “Big deal”?

Sounds like another solid use of government resources to me.
    How much time do you have? Haha. Just start reading. One example is campaign finance violations, taking lots of Russian money, dozens of emoluments violations, etc.

There's also lots of evidence that he is not nearly as rich as he tells people, and that is probably another reason he doesn't want people to see anything. He has fought it all the way to the supreme court - you don't do that if you have nothing to hide. One of his very first actions as a president was to hire a team of personal tax lawyers.

If you're worried about government resources, read up on how much he inflates the prices of his hotel/conference rooms at his properties to host government events lol - sometimes it's 8-10 times the going rate.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 02-05-2020 at 04:52 PM.

First time in history where a senator of their own party voted to convict so at least he has that going for him. Is it considered bi-partisan now

It's really too bad they didn't vote to call witnesses. Would have made for way better TV to see bolton testify and maybe forced a few more senators to grow a backbone besides mitt.

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    First time in history where a senator of their own party voted to convict so at least he has that going for him. Is it considered bi-partisan now

It's really too bad they didn't vote to call witnesses. Would have made for way better TV to see bolton testify and maybe forced a few more senators to grow a backbone besides mitt.
    They absolutely could not afford to have witnesses - it would be virtually impossible to acquit if that was allowed, and far more damaging to republican senators in the next election. Without witnesses they can just keep saying things like not enough evidence, etc. and maintain their reputation.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Sky View Post
    It's only sad if you assume the Dems have a better option than Trump. The fact that they are all so shit is was actually sad.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Voting to have witnesses excluded from a trial....what a mockery of the justice system.

Moscow Mitch has got to be lovin' life right now!
    Ultracrepidarian

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Voting to have witnesses excluded from a trial....what a mockery of the justice system.

Moscow Mitch has got to be lovin' life right now!
    Not much different than what the Democrats did in part 1 of this - they wouldn't even allow the other side in to question their witnesses in Congress, remember? Everyone seems to forget that before this went to the Senate, Congressional Democrats held everything behind closed doors mostly inside of a SCIF, and locked out the press and every Republican in Congress, doing all of their investigating and interviewing of witnesses, and everything else, in secret. What did they expect in return?

The Democrats in Congress made more of a mockery of the justice system than the Senate has.
    Last edited by Gman.45; 02-06-2020 at 12:08 AM.

Page 26 of 56 FirstFirst ... 16 25 26 27 36 ... LastLast