Quantcast
Trump, his bullshit never stops - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump, his bullshit never stops

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by Toilet_X View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well that and whack it til im raw, but for once i was trying to keep it clean.
    I would be less worried about what the professional dildo is saying..... haha

Ok now you're just taking the fun out of being a paranoid sexual deviant. BUZZKILL.

My Ride
    Eclipse

I've been extremely biased about him in the past and I believe it's because of media, I took marketing in school and know about Data Analysis a bit, how everything in the grocery store is positioned perfectly, for example walking into a store having items on the left side will be more expensive(for companies to place them their) than the right side, having items placed at eye level in an isle will be more expensive than the bottom row. ETC ETC

Anyways there was a recent movie on Netflix I saw about "Cambridge Analytica" it's called "The Great Hack" and how they helped with the Trump Campaign and Brexit (Others as well) using data analysis and target marketing those "swing states" to create an opinion. It's actually extremely genius what they did but extremely scary, one of the reasons I hate marketing and did nothing with it when I finished, I really disliked how organizes know so much about each and every one of us. (I had no idea to this extent at the time)

I don't care if you are Democrat or Republican you need to look at the big picture here and it's really important. Both parties do not care about "HOW MUCH THEY SPEND" this debt is going to be passed on and on for generations to come, we can compare the Debt to GDP Ratio which the USA is now at 106% (This is absurd)

Link here: https://tradingeconomics.com/united-...nt-debt-to-gdp

Non of the politicians right now and bringing up the "we need to pay off debt" because if they say this people will know that taxes need to be increased and less money will be spent to "stimulate" the economy and in the short-term they do not want this. (Fun Fact: Check Why Income Tax was created)

Why is this happening?

The Great Depression went out from 1929-1939

The Bretton Woods Agreement came into effect in the 1940s - 1970s - having Gold pegged at $35USD /ounce, but they decided to get rid of this agreement in 1971. Basically using the USD as a "Stable currency" and comparing to the USD. (even though I think it probably should have been somewhat different? I'm not sure what I believe the best solution would have been, but they were on the right track. However since they stopped pegging the USD to Gold the government since spends as much as possible to get re-elected to "stimulate" the economy.

You now have those 1% that are now able to change rules/regulations for themselves by donating to the governments and something NEEDS to change, if we will continue on this track we are going to be in the great depression 2.0 which will most likely (Sad truth is that wars make people more inclined to pay higher taxes which fund wars and it gives the governments a PERFECT reason to increase Taxes to reduce debts.)

Now we "trust" the USD because the government will print as much as they want and say it's "real" money, but it's not since 1973.

NEWS FLASH: THE USD DOESN'T HAVE THE SAME VALUE AS BEFORE BECAUSE IT'S NOT BACKED BY GOLD, so what happens now?

https://www.rt.com/business/447915-t...tching-dollar/

We have many large countries now that would like to stop using the USD.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    How many people in their 40's have acquired enough personal wealth and connections to even attempt running?
    Exactly part of the problem, you need "wealth" to run as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 01RedDX View Post
    It's a common question. "His statements are so stupid, how can they be part of a calculated plan?"

Actually, everything he does is part a calculated plan: to rally his base, and his base is... you guessed it. Pretty fucking stupid.

Once you realize this, everything else starts to make sense. No, he is not a genius but it's true, what he is doing is very strategic and effective.

But please for the love of god stop calling him a "self-made" anything.

Even though I don't believe with his statements it brings him attention and it markets to his target audience and they seem to be very for everything he is doing right now and if that's that he needs to be re-elected he will keep doing it.
    Last edited by Kobe; 08-01-2019 at 09:29 AM.
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

Fuck this guy costs me a lot of money.
    Name:  original_172625076.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  46.9 KB

Anybody catch any of the footage from his Cincinnati rally? No question he's going to walk right back into another 4 year term. Those people are die hards, covered head to toe in Trump gear, and hang on every word. He's been campaigning for 2020 since he entered office in January 2017 and it doesn't seem like there's anything that will stop him save for a bullet or something like that.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by masoncgy View Post
    Anybody catch any of the footage from his Cincinnati rally? No question he's going to walk right back into another 4 year term. Those people are die hards, covered head to toe in Trump gear, and hang on every word. He's been campaigning for 2020 since he entered office in January 2017 and it doesn't seem like there's anything that will stop him save for a bullet or something like that.
    And ill bet it will be even more of a landslide this time ..... the American deep state is going to be shitting bricks.

Talking about assassinations - Obama received far more serious attempts within the first year than Trump has to date.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...s#cite_note-93
    Last edited by revelations; 08-02-2019 at 03:07 PM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

I didn't think a new thread was needed about more US shit so I'm putting this here... But I'm genuinely curious what you guys think of the article as a few seem fairly savvy with respect to economics:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ource=facebook
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    I didn't think a new thread was needed about more US shit so I'm putting this here... But I'm genuinely curious what you guys think of the article as a few seem fairly savvy with respect to economics:

Well he does have a point: neither party in the US has any interest in tackling spending - which would be a much more durable long term benefit to the US economy than deficits. I wouldn't gloat too much if I was a Keynsian delusionary - there truly is no free lunch and we'll pay for gov't spending masquerading as growth.

- - - Updated - - -

It's funny that there is stil mystery about why Trump got elected.

Here's on reason:

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/co...n-can-vaginas/

People read this and say: "who the fuck I gotta vote for to be on the other side of these people."

Answer: Trump.

Seems like an author is trying to over simplify something that isn't simple, and trying to convince the reader that debt is all the same.

good article and explains things very clearly.

It all comes down to the fact that of course you will get a short term boom when you do massive stimulus like cutting taxes significantly. When Obama tried to do it as described in the article, it was denied by Republican-led houses based on "it will add way too much to the debt/deficit", yet now with a GOP-led government (during first two years), they conveniently don't care about the debt/deficit any more. The hypocrisy is so blatant its almost funny at this point.

My Ride

Seems like an author is trying to over simplify something that isn't simple, and trying to convince the reader that debt is all the same.
    Can you elaborate? Im definitely no expert but to me, short term spending on short term economic gains does not solve the debt problem of the Americans.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    good article and explains things very clearly.

It all comes down to the fact that of course you will get a short term boom when you do massive stimulus like cutting taxes significantly. When Obama tried to do it as described in the article, it was denied by Republican-led houses based on "it will add way too much to the debt/deficit", yet now with a GOP-led government (during first two years), they conveniently don't care about the debt/deficit any more. The hypocrisy is so blatant its almost funny at this point.
    I do not believe that Obama ever recommended the tax cuts that the republicans did (more than happy to be corrected if I'm wrong on that). It's not the tax cuts that are the problem. It's the refusal of the Republicans to follow through on the requisite spending cuts. But if you want the source of the stupidity, it is not the politicians, it is the economic illiteracy of the American public (Canadians are worse).

Either you believe in deficit spending and some sort of multiplier effect, or you do not. Most Americans, and most Canadians do, which is seriously impairing both countries at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Can you elaborate? Im definitely no expert but to me, short term spending on short term economic gains does not solve the debt problem of the Americans.
    There is a major difference between paying for stimulus through infrastructure projects and welfare give aways, and cutting taxes and red tape to stimulate true job creation. Yes they both lead to higher debt levels in the short term, but one has potential long term paybacks, one does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I do not believe that Obama ever recommended the tax cuts that the republicans did (more than happy to be corrected if I'm wrong on that). It's not the tax cuts that are the problem. It's the refusal of the Republicans to follow through on the requisite spending cuts. But if you want the source of the stupidity, it is not the politicians, it is the economic illiteracy of the American public (Canadians are worse).

Either you believe in deficit spending and some sort of multiplier effect, or you do not. Most Americans, and most Canadians do, which is seriously impairing both countries at the moment.
    It's this game of politics that keeps screwing things up. Republicans lower taxes to stimulate natural growth. But they can't cut much spending without being burned at the stake by the general public, and they need to get re-elected to prevent Dems from sewering the whole country further into oblivian. At least Trump is trying to shift some spending to things with huge potential payoff, like a wall. Not sure how that has been going lately though, don't follow it anymore.

My Ride

There is a major difference between paying for stimulus through infrastructure projects and welfare give aways, and cutting taxes and red tape to stimulate true job creation. Yes they both lead to higher debt levels in the short term, but one has potential long term paybacks, one does not.
    would this be akin to reaganomics ?

My Ride
    ute

It's this game of politics that keeps screwing things up. Republicans lower taxes to stimulate natural growth. But they can't cut much spending without being burned at the stake by the general public, and they need to get re-elected to prevent Dems from sewering the whole country further into oblivian. At least Trump is trying to shift some spending to things with huge potential payoff, like a wall. Not sure how that has been going lately though, don't follow it anymore.
    I think we are largely in agreement, so I'm not particularly argumentative on this point.

However, gov't spending suffers greatly from the law-of-diminishing returns. Past a certain amount of spending on some truly critical items, the spending becomes a negative drag on the economy. There is no argument for "republican" excessive spending being a good thing. The US is way, WAY past where the government spending is beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    would this be akin to reaganomics ?
    Two completely opposite strategies were mentioned, so not sure what you're asking? Whatever label you want to add isn't particularly important though. The point was that the author would have you believe that all debt is equal, tax cuts are the same as debt, so Trump is just as bad as Obama. None of which is accurate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I think we are largely in agreement, so I'm not particularly argumentative on this point.

However, gov't spending suffers greatly from the law-of-diminishing returns. Past a certain amount of spending on some truly critical items, the spending becomes a negative drag on the economy. There is no argument for "republican" excessive spending being a good thing. The US is way, WAY past where the government spending is beneficial.
    Yes we are in total agreement. I never posted anything to argue or disagree. Just saying it is a sad conundrum we are stuck in. Republicans can cut spending way back to take a step forward, then get voted out and let Dems go hog wild on valueless spending again to take 2 steps back.
    Last edited by Misterman; 08-08-2019 at 03:20 PM.

My Ride
    ute

Two completely opposite strategies were mentioned, so not sure what you're asking? Whatever label you want to add isn't particularly important though. The point was that the author would have you believe that all debt is equal, tax cuts are the same as debt, so Trump is just as bad as Obama. None of which is accurate.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes we are in total agreement. I never posted anything to argue or disagree. Just saying it is a sad conundrum we are stuck in. Republicans can cut spending way back to take a step forward, then get voted out and let Dems go hog wild on valueless spending again to take 2 steps back.
    I agree (although begrudgingly) that tax cuts are generally more beneficial to the economy than Democrats version of government determined spending. The problem with the article, as has been pointed out, is that a tax cut is not the same as what the Democrats would consider stimulus. At least a tax cut allows the individual players in the market to allocate the capital to some degree. The Democrats vision, and the fallacy which they will never be able to overcome, is that their version requires the gov't be competent at allocating scarce resources. We know that they are not and never will be.

anyone catch this week's episode of US Politics? Crazy how fast this happened... 2+ years for the whole Mueller thing, but then all this materialized in like 1 week. Very interesting to watch the developments on this one.

Any bets on if the House will impeach? I'm thinking yes this time.

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    anyone catch this week's episode of US Politics? Crazy how fast this happened... 2+ years for the whole Mueller thing, but then all this materialized in like 1 week. Very interesting to watch the developments on this one.

Any bets on if the House will impeach? I'm thinking yes this time.
    There's not enough support in the Senate to impeach anyway, so regardless of whether or not the House votes to impeach, that's where it dies.

Waste of time. The Democrats need to find a way to get their shit together for 2024 since there's zero chance they will beat Trump next fall.

Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast